PDA

View Full Version : An Easy Way to Donate to the CGF. . .

oaklander
03-09-2009, 6:04 PM
As you all can see, the CGF (Calguns Foundation - http://calgunsfoundation.org/) has been especially busy these last few weeks doing great things for California RKBA.

Many of you have recognized this, and have contributed money to the CGF via the PP link at http://calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/donate

The donations are much appreciated!!!

:D

I'd like to also tell you about another way to donate.

If you bank "online," you can simply set up a recurring payment via your online banking program. Simply log in to your bank, and set up a payment to go out each month to:

The Calguns Foundation
3200 Bridge Parkway Suite 202C
Redwood City CA 94065
650-275-1015

This is the way I do it, and it's easy and painless!

Again, thank you for all the donations.

wildhawker
03-09-2009, 6:25 PM
A few simple mouseclicks and you can "set-it-and-forget-it" with online banking. Seems like an easy way to keep the great work flowing over at CGF- we're in!

Is there a better time of the week to receive checks at the office for weekly contributions?

hoffmang
03-09-2009, 6:50 PM
Is there a better time of the week to receive checks at the office for weekly contributions?

These end up on my desk and I consolidate them monthly and wander over to our bank so feel free to choose whatever time of the month is easiest for you.

I'm having our bank set me up with Remote Deposit Capture which will make this even easier.

-Gene

Timberline
03-09-2009, 7:38 PM
I just sent in another check by mail. I cannot support PayPal.

hoffmang
03-09-2009, 7:43 PM
I just sent in another check by mail. I cannot support PayPal.

And that's why we publish an address. Checks save us the paypal fees as well.

-Gene

GI_JOE
03-09-2009, 9:07 PM
Ah, I just figured out how to do the reoccuring payment with BofA. Interesting, never saw that option before.

zachary2287
03-09-2009, 9:20 PM
I'll have to set that up through Wells Fargo Online. So now anti gun Pay Pal doesn't get my support and CGF gets every penny I send without fees.

Thanks for the info.

oaklander
03-09-2009, 9:25 PM
I'll have to set that up through Wells Fargo Online. So now anti gun Pay Pal doesn't get my support and CGF gets every penny I send without fees.

Thanks for the info.

Welcome!

It's kind of a neat (and not very well documented) feature of most online banking setups. . .

Stubby
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
+1000 to the BofA online pay! If you bank has the option do it! Trust me, it is the one payment a month you wont regret!

wildhawker
03-11-2009, 7:19 AM
These end up on my desk and I consolidate them monthly and wander over to our bank so feel free to choose whatever time of the month is easiest for you.

I'm having our bank set me up with Remote Deposit Capture which will make this even easier.

-Gene

Good to know, we can mail away without worry of timing the check for a drop.

anthonyca
03-11-2009, 6:24 PM
And that's why we publish an address. Checks save us the paypal fees as well.

-Gene

Gene I work as a contractor in some large blue buildings near where I believe the GGF is located. They have a couple of two story white buildings they sublease that I also do work on. When I drive through there I always picture an office with some pro gun guys inside and it makes me laugh. I need to donate again it always makes me feel good.

hoffmang
03-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Gene I work as a contractor in some large blue buildings near where I believe the GGF is located. They have a couple of two story white buildings they sublease that I also do work on. When I drive through there I always picture an office with some pro gun guys inside and it makes me laugh. I need to donate again it always makes me feel good.

We're on the bay side of the "project" if that makes sense to you. You'd be surprised how many pro-gun guys are hanging out in our little 2/3 of a building in that relatively large office park...

-Gene