PDA

View Full Version : ICORE match @ Richmond 2009-03-29

rivviepop
03-09-2009, 5:01 PM
Heads up, ICORE match at the end of the month (5th Sunday) at Richmond. 10am start, usual be there early thing. :)

sargenv
03-10-2009, 6:34 AM
I'l be there.. I think we still need stage builders on Sat..

inkedshooter
03-18-2009, 5:35 PM
We should be good on stage builders. Tom voluntered me as the 5th guy. So 5 stages looks like. Don't know if any of the other guys doing stages are on here, seeing if you guys wanted to get some ideas on what stages to set up. If you wanted to set up stages from the IRC to practice or maybe do some classifiers.

rivviepop
03-18-2009, 6:15 PM
I'm doing #1, my stage is a gonna be a variation on one I found at stageexchange.com:

http://www.stageexchange.com/Quickie.pdf

I think I'm going to stagger those steel and make them varied sizes (so there's multiple ways to fast shoot it, you don't sit there waiting on steel to fall). I was thinking shooting through a barrel too, but not sure about that part - something to make it a bit more fun. I wanted to make sure that whether or not you were shooting 6 or 8 you had to reload twice -- this stage pretty much makes it an even game if you don't miss the steel. :)

sargenv
03-18-2009, 6:50 PM
I have Bay 3.. and I'll likely be scoring too..

I um.. won't know what the stage will look like until I get to the range on the Sat before.. I dpn't like to design things on paper as I find that I always have to change something.. though there will be no low ports at strange angles... something buffy requested...

Don't forget, we don't have to keep the round count under 32.. this isn't IPSC/USPSA ;) It has to be 6 round neutral.. and I suggest a couple positions to have odd # of shots needed.. also you do not have to knock steel down, so you can use steel challenge steel.. it counts.

inkedshooter
03-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Well if Buffy numbered us as which bay we set up looks like I have Bay #2. Since I have some room to work with, think I'll set up something where we have some long distance, prob a variation of Far and Near but prob not 50 yards, more like 40, 30, 20, then 10. 40 yards will be hands by your side, timer goes off 6 shots, 2 shots each on 3 paper. Reload as you move up to 30 yards, then 2 shots each on 3 paper same as at 40 yards. Reload as you move over to the 20 yard box where there will be another set of 3 paper with 2 shots each. 20 yards will be strong hand, reload move up to 10 yards 2 shots on 3 paper using your week hand. I may also toss in some no shoot areas on the paper so guys can work on their accuracy. Still working on distances though.

rivviepop
03-19-2009, 8:36 AM
also you do not have to knock steel down, so you can use steel challenge steel.. it counts.

Is a popper considered a steel, a knockdown, or both? The rules say steel counts as hit or miss and immediately says knockdown targets must be knocked down to count in the next sentence.

inkedshooter
03-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Never realy heard of a popper not being a knock down target, but you never know. I think Vince may be implying to set up some steel plates.

rivviepop
03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Never realy heard of a popper not being a knock down target, but you never know. I think Vince may be implying to set up some steel plates.

I emailed Tom, he'll know. I also asked if you specifically say "steel poppers must fall to score" in the course description if that's legal per ICORE rules or not...

EDIT: he got right back to me: "knock down is legal and scores like all other steel; 5 seconds for miss or zero for a hit" so there we go.

inkedshooter
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Cool. Yeah if I have room I may set up some steel and bring the shooting boxes closer.

sargenv
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
If you want to set up a standards, it won't bother me.. but then every chance I get to go practice I shoot at lease 3 or 4 runs of "The Standards".. It will only penalize those who do not shoot at much past 20 yards or on par times.

Since ICORE is a blend of IPSC, Bianchi, and Steel challenge, it has very different rules than IPSC alone. You can also stipulate that a steel target is "hit only" or "Knockdown only" since a few years back you only needed to "ring the 5 poppers" in a stage at the IRC.. if they fell fine, but if you hit em and they did not drop, they still counted as a hit.

inkedshooter
03-23-2009, 4:17 PM
Bagakis and I were chatting about the Standards stage at the IRC and heard they may bring the first string from 50 to 35 yards. I keep coming up with different stage set ups in my mind and will figure something out. All else fails I'll set up The Standards with the first string at 35 yards.

sargenv
03-23-2009, 5:16 PM
I'd prefer it at 45 yards, or the back of the bay. If you are going to practice, it may as well be as close to the real thing as possible.

bruceflinch
03-24-2009, 7:17 PM
. though there will be no low ports at strange angles... something buffy requested...

Bless You!:party:

inkedshooter
03-24-2009, 8:15 PM
How many of you guys are going to use the larger poppers? and how many are available?

CRTguns
03-24-2009, 10:06 PM
yipee! Icore.

I've been having WDs since the SW shoot. MAYBE have my open 8 shot ready by this weekend.:)

My IPSC buddies ask me, "what's ICORE like?"

I tell them, - think of an IPSC match- and take away all the stuff you could complain about, or even just dislike a little; and what you're left with is ICORE.

sargenv
03-25-2009, 7:51 AM
I don't know what kind of targets I'm going to set up for Bay 3, but for now, anything that's on Bay 3 when I get there is mine until I say otherwise ;) So if you get there before me and take steel from Bay 3, well, then you got to it before I did :D

rivviepop
03-25-2009, 9:32 AM
How many of you guys are going to use the larger poppers? and how many are available?

For me, 2 minimum -- I think I want 2 large, 2 small and 2 large round plates if I can swing it.

inkedshooter
03-25-2009, 3:25 PM
I'm maybe going to try and snag up 6 poppers IF available and 6 paper. Yeah us revo shooters are our own kind, you have to shoot one to understand though... We are more about accuracy than speed, little more relaxed, and wheel guns are just fun to shoot!!

sargenv
03-26-2009, 6:15 AM
There should be enough steel for everyone.The only time we seem to run into trouble is when we do large matches that require us to have 7 or 8 stages. I have run out of steel and had to borrow steel from other clubs in the past. For club matches, we likely have enough. With the plate racks on 2, 3, and I think 5, we should have enough. The 8 plate rack can be used for icore. It need not be round plates as any steel is approved for ICORE.. even those SASS cowboy steel are allowed in ICORE.

michaels
03-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Well, if I'm still alive on Sat morning, I plan to show up and help somebody build a stage. I even have a little surprise to setup, something we haven't shot before in a match.

The good thing is that I can't be there for the match on Sunday, but I'm sure I'll hear about it Sunday night.

michaels

bruceflinch
03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, if I'm still alive on Sat morning, I plan to show up and help somebody build a stage. I even have a little surprise to setup, something we haven't shot before in a match.

The good thing is that I can't be there for the match on Sunday, but I'm sure I'll hear about it Sunday night.

michaels

You still hobblin' around, Mike? Or did you finally get healed up?:)

inkedshooter
03-28-2009, 7:05 AM
I'll not be able to shoot the match but am going to type out a match description and will go through it with Vince or someone else setting up stages.

sargenv
03-28-2009, 5:20 PM
Eh, Mike is still hobbling.. he was going to do that special thing, but he felt bad enough that e just went home instead.. which gave me enough room to shoehorn what is looking to be 42 rounds onto bay 3..

bruceflinch
03-28-2009, 7:49 PM
Eh, Mike is still hobbling.. he was going to do that special thing, but he felt bad enough that e just went home instead.. which gave me enough room to shoehorn what is looking to be 42 rounds onto bay 3..

Dang! I'll have to carry a speedloader in my teeth!!

sargenv
03-30-2009, 3:22 PM
Results Posted at http://www.richmondhotshots.com under ICORE

I did um.. pretty good..

bruceflinch
04-03-2009, 9:28 PM
I should have carried a Speedloader in my teeth...:(

I did ok for not having shot my GP100 in 10 years....:)