PDA

View Full Version : Guns Stolen from police Car in SoCal

stillnotbob
03-09-2009, 2:17 PM
I hope this is not a dupe.

Seems a police car was stolen in Montebello and then abandon with the weapons taken from the car (Shotgun and AR). The Reporter did a fairly good job on the article overall. Even stated that an AR-15 is legal to own in California with a magazine of 10 rounds or less. :eek: Still calling them assault weapons, but I think that goes with the territory now. Though he did distinguish a AR-15 from an M-16. Though he stated that the ammo used was 7.62 instead of 5.56.... unless the Montebello Police are actually using AR-10s.

Story: http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/news/ci_11866684

PorkLover
03-09-2009, 3:00 PM
yeah....even the cops aren't safe.....here in the SF Bay Area, there were reports of a CHP car being broken into as well as the Contra Costa Sheriff's......

rp55
03-09-2009, 3:12 PM
A while back there were stories about how someone grabbed an MP5 out of the back of a Santa Cruz PD unmarked car and then the story vanished and was never mentioned again.

bplvr
03-09-2009, 3:16 PM
A similar thing happened a few weeks back in LA . They broke into a police parking lot and stole the guns from the squad cars. I can see it now....."Montibello Police dept. weapons found in Mexican Cartel cache of weapons" .
:oops:

Noobert
03-09-2009, 3:30 PM
isnt police cars locked and really strong balistic windows?

Bruce
03-09-2009, 4:11 PM
Ah yes; history repeats. Depression era bandits stole their weapons from national guard armories and police stations. Now it's happening again. I wonder how many cops realize that they'll become a source if handguns are banned.

jessegpresley
03-09-2009, 4:14 PM
isnt police cars locked and really strong balistic windows?

Just normal ol' glass.

Cru Jones
03-09-2009, 6:05 PM
These agencies must not read the news. Either that or they just never learn.

1990GT50
03-10-2009, 6:10 PM
No surprise realy. They are close to an ideal target. You know for sure there are guns inside that can be accessed in seconds and you know exactly where they're at. If they watch a LEO leave the car or its out of service then its a done deal. I didn't think most had alarms so that could be another plus. It seems less dangerous than a home invasion i guess.....