View Full Version : Good South Bay (SoCal) FFL for Out of State Transfer

03-09-2009, 1:11 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FFL in Santa Monica or surrounding areas for an out of state transfer? For a revolver.

03-09-2009, 2:25 PM
Retting (Culver City) wanted $100 + the $25 for DROS, and told me I needed to buy a CA approved lock for it if it didn't come with it (its the law).

Has anyone else heard of that one before?

03-09-2009, 3:21 PM
That sounds about right for Retting - they don't really like to do anything other than sell you guns that they have in their store. I would go to Ammo Bros. in Cerritos or Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley - both of those places only charge $50 for out of state transfer (+$25 DROS.) They are both about a half-hour drive on a weekend (one North, one South,) but well worth it - good people! A lot of places will require you to buy a lock there, some will let you bring in your own new one with a receipt and some will let you just sign the "I own a safe" affidavit...

03-09-2009, 3:32 PM
Dj, Thanks for the response. It looks like the LA (Downtown- South Bay) area is pretty sparse with willing (or cost friendly) FFL's.

03-09-2009, 3:42 PM
Yeah, I live in Venice and always have to drive to the middle of effin' nowhere to do my transfers, even though Retting is literally 5 minutes away...

Also, I just noticed that you're in Pasadena - You could use Gunrunners (http://www.gunrunnerstactical.com/) if you want convenience. They charge $75 + $25 for the transfer.... just another option!

03-10-2009, 9:13 AM

03-10-2009, 9:56 AM
I would highly recommend Michael at Suchar Enterprises. Great guy to deal with. Prices are very reasonable too. :thumbsup:

He is near the 105/405 freeway. His website is SucharEnterprises.com (http://www.suchar-enterprises.com/).

You will have to set up an appointment to see him but that also guarantees you wont be waiting around while he is dealing with someone else like at other places. I am sure you won't be using anyone else once you have dealt with him.

03-10-2009, 10:13 AM
chessratz, thank you, that may workout really well. I will try to contact him.