PDA

View Full Version : Whats glocks back order like?

nrakid88
03-08-2009, 7:21 PM
I heard glock is so far behind on backorders that there importing austrian g19's. Im wondering how far behind they are. I want to buy a G17 when I turn 21, in 7 months, and I am thinking that if the backorder is comparatively that long I could talk my local FFL into ordering one and holding onto it till I turn 21. So does anyone know how long the wait to get a glcok 17 is?

ontargetrange
03-08-2009, 8:25 PM
AT the trade show this last month I was told by the Reps the factory back log is normally 15000 per month with a normal output of 1200 to 1500 per day --- that all changed in November and the number per day output is 2500 and the backlog is/was 250,000 at the end of January -- do the math and understand the orders are still rolling in ---

nrakid88
03-08-2009, 9:07 PM
Alright so like a three month lag. Not bad. Guess I will think aobut talking to my FFL in about three months about having him order me one. Thanks for the heads up

kar6man
03-08-2009, 9:23 PM
i'm 21 myself. unless you can find a good ol boy with a FFL you can't even fill out the DROS paperwork unless you are 21.some ***** dealers in my area won't even let you handle the gun in the store unless you're 21.

ricknadine1111
03-08-2009, 9:45 PM
This is how I feel about that-
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn241/bellyscraper/ihatesandcastles.jpg

LOW2000
03-08-2009, 9:47 PM
I've/My FFL has been waiting for my G26 since Dec 9. Still no ETA in sight.

SVT-40
03-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I heard glock is so far behind on backorders that there importing austrian g19's. Im wondering how far behind they are. I want to buy a G17 when I turn 21, in 7 months, and I am thinking that if the backorder is comparatively that long I could talk my local FFL into ordering one and holding onto it till I turn 21. So does anyone know how long the wait to get a glcok 17 is?

Just a minor correction. All Glock pistols are made in Austria. The U.S. headquarters for Glock is in Georgia.

Quiet
03-08-2009, 11:56 PM
I was told three weeks ago that the Glock back order was at four months. :(

Josh
03-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Just a minor correction. All Glock pistols are made in Austria. The U.S. headquarters for Glock is in Georgia.

since 2005 they have been producing some frames at their georgia facility. It is not a complete replacement of the austrian guns but to supplement them.

There is a picture floating around of glock displaying the first frames to come out of their georgia plant.

walter
03-09-2009, 12:43 AM
in 7 months it should be better.. all this obama stuff IMO is temporary..

jlh95811
03-09-2009, 1:02 AM

Agreed

Back ordered for 3 months on LEO contracts. That means at minimum 4 months for us.

walter
03-09-2009, 1:04 AM
yup, so im just waiting for this scare stage to be over and the market will be overflowed with cheap guns and ar's

jlh95811
03-09-2009, 1:23 AM
yup, so im just waiting for this scare stage to be over and the market will be overflowed with cheap guns and ar's

Let us not forget TONS of ammo that nobody needs and the price will have to be low if they want to keep manufacturing and selling because demand is going to crash.

slick_711
03-09-2009, 1:27 AM
since 2005 they have been producing some frames at their georgia facility. It is not a complete replacement of the austrian guns but to supplement them.

There is a picture floating around of glock displaying the first frames to come out of their georgia plant.

Frames yes... and then they are assembled with Austrian slides. A complete Glock pistol may not be made on American soil, it is prohibited by our ridiculous laws.

ErikTheRed
03-09-2009, 1:38 AM

I wish I shared your optimism. But sadly, I do not. Under normal/typical anti-gunner threat, sure, I'd agree its probably temporary. But with this particular administration, I fear the panic will never subside so long as this man and his gang of henchmen (and henchwomen) have America in a stranglehold. With this band of ultra-activist gun-grabbers the likes to which this country has never been subject, do you really think we'll get a moment's peace? Where we feel confident as gun-owners and the perceived threat will just become a bygone thought? No. Our 2A freedoms will be under constant assualt from government and media alike, and everytime they open their mouths or print a crooked news piece, the panic will just reinforce perpetually. As much as I hope I'm dead wrong, I think we're in for a long haul on this one.

Josh
03-09-2009, 1:41 AM
Frames yes... and then they are assembled with Austrian slides. A complete Glock pistol may not be made on American soil, it is prohibited by our ridiculous laws.

um, no

once the frame is made in the US its no longer an imported handgun. There is no law that specifically bans glock or any other company from producing an entire pistol in the US.

They assemble it from austrian parts becuase they do not need to invest the capital into tooling to machine, heat treat and finish the steel here when they already have it setup in austria. Also by building the frame or the ATF controlled part in the US they can get around import restrictions and fees/taxes. Also it allows them to compete for govt. contracts that specify made in the USA.

As to the original post, from talking to glock they have about a 4 month back log. And remember, glock does not sell direct to dealers so the time frame for you getting a glock will depend on who your dealer uses as a distributor. I would not purchase a pistol 7 months out and wait. Also unless you know your dealer very well they will probably be unwilling to order you a handgun so far in advance of your 21st bday.