PDA

View Full Version : H&K P2000 9mm Opinions

Scooterg55
03-08-2009, 6:12 PM
I was just curious to learn information from those who have the H&K P2000 9mm with night sights. This would be the version #3 with decocker.

How do you rate the fit and finish?

How visible are the night sights?

How accurate is the weapon?

Any issues with it not feeding certain ammo?

Will the light rail accommodate a Streamlight TLR-1 Tactical Light?

Thanks very much for the feedback

EricC
03-08-2009, 6:21 PM
I have the exact model you're asking about and I have absolutely no complaints. I love it.

Fit and finish - It looks and feels like a solid, well built gun... just as you'd expect from HK.

Night sights - They're very visible. But then again, my date code is AI so they're very new.

Accuracy - As accurate as the shooter.

Ammo - I've only tried Blazer Brass and Remington UMC (what you'd find at WalMart). No problem with either.

Black Majik
03-08-2009, 6:24 PM
I love my v3 9mm P2000.

Fit and finish. Excellent, it's dififcult to mess up a polymer frame. The slide is finished very well like all HKs, and the finish is very durable. I've mexican carried it quite a bit and no wear along the edges.

Night Sights. They're bright. You can see them inside a movie theater.

Accuracy. +1 depends on the shooter. It's more accurate than most shooters. The DA is stiff though, but the gun has some excellent mechanical accuracy

Ammo: Never been much of a finicky shooter. It's eaten most of what I've given it. Remington, Speer, Blazer, Winchester, PMC and I think a couple buddy's reloads.

Scooterg55
03-08-2009, 6:31 PM
Forgot a question.

Will the rail accommodate a Streamlight TLR-1 tactical light?

Black Majik
03-08-2009, 6:32 PM
Yes, it will.

Scooterg55
03-08-2009, 6:34 PM
Yes, it will.

Richard,

Thanks for the information its greatly appreciated.

Black Majik
03-08-2009, 6:38 PM
Richard,

Thanks for the information its greatly appreciated.

No problem Steve, glad to help.

BTW, it'll stick out just a little bit past the muzzle since the gun is a compact. On fullsize HKs, only the lamp sticks past the muzzle.

Scooterg55
03-08-2009, 6:45 PM
Is there a different H&K 9mm that is CA approved other than the P2000 that is that you would reccommend?

Black Majik
03-08-2009, 6:59 PM
Is there a different H&K 9mm that is CA approved other than the P2000 that is that you would reccommend?

I only own two HKs in 9mm, the P2000v3 and the USP fullsize. Both are different, my USP is set up with Heinie Straight 8s, the P2000 with factory Tru Dot (Meprolights). I actually think the P2000 is a better gun. I went through similiar between the USPc and P2000 and the P2000 pulled ahead. What I do like about the USP is the ability to carry cocked and locked (a'la 1911). Everything else goes in favor to the P2000. Ergonomics, shootability, smoother trigger, and ease to shoot.

Difficult to go wrong with the P2000, it's an excellent choice.

One Shot, One Dropped
03-08-2009, 7:16 PM
I would also recommend the USP compact in 9mm. It's identical in size, but the decocker is in a much more ergonomic and convenient location.

HCz
03-08-2009, 8:17 PM
How do you rate the fit and finish?
Top notch

How visible are the night sights?
Very visible as long as it's within last 6 years. The radioactive gas has half life of about 12 years from what I recall.

How accurate is the weapon?
As many said, up to the shooter.

Any issues with it not feeding certain ammo?
Nope.

Will the light rail accommodate a Streamlight TLR-1 Tactical Light?
yup, although I have Streamlight M3 and it does stick out, I don't see any problems.

Mine is the gun I go for when my favorite pistol is down. A few months ago, My CZ P-01 had to get its trigger return spring fixed. During the time I tried to get my lazy rear off and actually order the parts, I shot P2000. It is one of better 9mm pistol I've shot.

One thing I'd like to change is the heavy DA pull, but other than that it is a great gun.

Exiledviking
03-08-2009, 8:46 PM
I have a P2000 in .40 and it looks like it will be the ONLY DA/SA left in my safe. Go for it! It is one of my all-time favorite handguns.