PDA

View Full Version : i got screwed on a deal on another board. what can i do?

rangerT
10-22-2005, 1:32 PM
i sent a money order to a guy in another state. when he got the MO he cashed it and decided he did not want to sell the item. he said he sent me a check and i never recieved it. i emailed him 2 weeks later and said i never got it. he said he would cancel the check and send another. i never recived that check so 2 weeks later i email him again. he says his bank says i cashed the second check and they were sending me and him a copy of the check. so another 2 weeks pass and i don't recieve a copy of his check. i email him to ask if he recieved a copy of the check and says no and that as far as he is concerned the deal is done. each email i sent i included my address so that he would have my correct info. so i know i am not going to get my money back. it is not a large amount (under $200). at this point i would like to know what can i do? i would like to give him all of the legal problems i can. thanks

Kestryll
10-22-2005, 1:38 PM
Where did you get the MO from? If it was a Postal MO report it to the Postal Inspectors, they take that stuff very seriously postal fraud is a felony.

What board was this on? I know most of us don't like to bandy about bad info about other boards but this is different. He easily could burn someone else as well. Better to get the info out to prevent further damage.

Can'thavenuthingood
10-22-2005, 1:40 PM
Name the guy online, alert the rest of us to this yahoo's existence. He may be a neighbor of mine I could go have a chat with about ethics or something.

We pretty much rely on trust and good faith when dealing online. Those who act differently need to be outed. I may have a deal going with him and I want to know if the guy I'm currently dealing with is the same as your guy before I send my money.

Thieves ought to be identified.

Vick

BigMac
10-22-2005, 3:03 PM
If you used a postal MO I would contact the post office.

Sic the feds on him. Post his info.. Don't take this turn up the heat!

rangerT
10-22-2005, 3:56 PM
i did use a usps money order to pay. he says i asked him to commit a fellony by selling me some replacement hicap mag parts. i provided him with many links to show him it is legal to import mag parts to california. the guy says he works for the postal service and that no crime has been commited. i know that the postal service will not do anything for this small amount of money. i have asked him to provide a copy of the check that he says i cashed as he said he would do. i also know that the police will do nothing unless the deal was over $500. i guess i will wait and see. i guess i got screwed and nothing will come of it. it sure sours you on internet deals even though i have had many that went well. looks like it will be FTF transactions only for me.

Brass Balls
10-22-2005, 4:23 PM
The least you could is let other members here know who this ripoff is.

Charliegone
10-22-2005, 4:31 PM
Yeah let us know. Also while we are at it if anyone happens to run across someone named Shadowhunter DO NOT send him money. He has ripped off various people from money and products! Here is a link. Mainly hk stuff..

http://www.hkweaponsystems.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001992

colossians323
10-22-2005, 6:54 PM
†he board mods on most sites also will get involved, if you have kept copies of your correspondence.

YOU MUST NAME HIM, AND THE BOARD, TO HELP OTHERS BEWARE.

dwtt
10-23-2005, 10:00 AM
i did use a usps money order to pay... i know that the postal service will not do anything for this small amount of money.

How do you know this? This is false. The postal inspectors will investigate. If he ripped off $200 from you and then did this to 10 other people, the money adds up very quickly. Also, why won't you post the user name and board this guy advertises under? What are you afraid of? Like others said, spreading the word about a rip off artist will help others avoid the crook.

thomasanelson
10-24-2005, 5:28 AM
What is the handle of the offender? There are a few well know bad guys out there.

Mute
10-24-2005, 7:36 AM
If it is a USPS MO he committed mail fraud. The amount is irrelevant. Put the #$*#$) over the coals and sick the Feds on his worthless ***.

Bobshouse
10-24-2005, 10:20 AM
I think this is a troll post. If it happened to me, I would be spreading his name wide and far...over and over...you would be begging me to stop! I would be contacting every law enforcement agency that would listen...

In another words, the same thing everyone else that was ripped off would do. This guy just doesnt seem to fit the description of a "victim".

If your not going to do anything about it...maybe you could send another 200.00 check my way, I could always use some free cash.

rangerT
10-24-2005, 10:38 AM
not a troll post. i emailed him and gave him another chance to return my money or show proof that i cashed one of his checks. i will give him a week and then i will post his screen name and what board he posts on.

24thMED
10-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Rant on:
I don't know who told you that there is a dollar limit on what law enforcement will investigate. Whoever did, has no idea what they are talking about.

I filed a report with the postal inspector for a situation similar to yours. They did investigate and I got my $139.47 back. That is under $200.00.

In the future, if you are not going to be forthcoming with information that will benfit members of this forum, please keep your problems to yourself. These forums and the online communities rely on trusting it's members to do the right thing and share the information in order to help the community.

All you have done is stirred the pot and aggravated people with your lack of fortitude.

I hope that you are able to solve your problem but next time wait until you are ready to share ALL the details before you post.
Rant off:

lazyman
10-24-2005, 12:31 PM
transactions online between forum members that go bad are way too common these days. I post on bimmerforums.com and there are a lot of frauds out there. I haven't heard one successful story of the culprit being caught. The best that the forum has done has made a sticky thread with a list of recommended sellers referred by other members who have had successful transactions

NYC2SoCal
10-24-2005, 8:19 PM
Rant on:
... In the future, if you are not going to be forthcoming with information that will benfit members of this forum, please keep your problems to yourself. These forums and the online communities rely on trusting it's members to do the right thing and share the information in order to help the community.

All you have done is stirred the pot and aggravated people with your lack of fortitude.

I hope that you are able to solve your problem but next time wait until you are ready to share ALL the details before you post.
Rant off:

+1. Not only that, you're possibly allowing this fiend the ability to rip more people off within the week. :mad:

Sharnhorst
10-24-2005, 8:36 PM
If i purchase an idem from board members that i dont know and is over a hundred bucks, this is what i do..... i have them shipp it COD, i send them the cost of the shipping, soif they dont send it im only out a few bucks. And the seller is safe because i cant get the idem until i fork over the dough to the guy in the brown truck. that way both of are ***'s are covered. if they wont do it that way..screw'em, they must be a dirt bag..

jessegpresley
10-25-2005, 1:34 AM
rangerT, you're kiddin' yourself if you think you're going to get any action from that guy in a week. He's been stringin' you along the whole time. I've seen it before. I buy/sell lots of watches on the internet, and his responses to you are classic ones from a scammer.

BigAL
10-25-2005, 3:48 AM
Find out where this guy lives and take a dump on his doorstep. That alone would be worth $200.:D

rssslvr
10-25-2005, 7:21 AM
you should name the person now.the COD thing on over $100 is a good idea.

rangerT
10-25-2005, 11:24 AM
i would love to take a dump on his door step but he lives too far away.

i do feel that i am being scamed but there is a chance that the mail was stolen and my name forged to cash the check. so i think if i give him one last chance to show me proof that I cashed his check i will have done all that i can to clear this up. if i don't recieve a copy of the cashed check in the next few days i will be happy to out him.

Noonanda
10-25-2005, 12:49 PM
i do feel that i am being scamed but there is a chance that the mail was stolen and my name forged to cash the check. so i think if i give him one last chance to show me proof that I cashed his check i will have done all that i can to clear this up. if i don't recieve a copy of the cashed check in the next few days i will be happy to out him.

you are being too nice. If someone kept giving me BS stories then called me a liar(he said you cashed his check) I would scream his name on every board Im a member of (probably about 20) about him. He has already called you a liar and you are protecting him. If someone did "steal, forge a signature and cash the check" the worst that would happen is you have to appologize.
this has been going on for what at least 6 weeks.
Now if you had started this post before a week had even gone by that is one thing. But if I have not heard from someone or had the situation resolved after a month I might start passing the word. I actually am in a similar situation, the guy owes me all of 3.85 for shipping on an Item. I gave him a couple parts I didnt need and all I asked was that he pay for shipping. I got an email from him today, giving me a story and I let him know if he doesnt make good then I will raise the BS flag, I gave him stuff and he is still gonna try to screw me.

wheelgunner
10-26-2005, 4:05 AM
Way to long. We got screwed by some ***** on ebay. My wife is very forgiving. I was pissed, it was a toy that my youngest handcapped son had been looking for a very long time. It was cheap, but price wasn't the point. After 6 weeks went by my wife was very upset, she finally told me why. I complained to ebay, ebay said I waited to long, 4 weeks maximum time. Dude you got ripped off. Either do something and tell us the *****s name or get off the damn posts.

I'm going with Bobshouse. Just another &#*$^%$ TROLL.

If it looks, smells, lingers like a troll.....

6172crew
10-26-2005, 5:25 AM
Find out where this guy lives and take a dump on his doorstep. That alone would be worth $200.:D

Very Nice! (note to self: dont piss of BigAL):D

rangerT
10-28-2005, 9:50 PM
well enough time has passed. i would not deal with anyone that uses the screen name "Tim84K10"

Can'thavenuthingood
10-29-2005, 12:24 AM
Doing a search on google comes with quite a few hits, 4x4 Pirates to Glock Talk and a webshots community http://community.webshots.com/user/tim84k10

If this is the guy apparently he's from Illinois http://facethejury.com/profile.asp?user_name=Tim84K10

This him?

Vick

rangerT
10-29-2005, 9:35 AM
my deal was on glocktalk. i don't know what other sites he is on.

jtv3062
10-29-2005, 10:04 AM
his yahoo im handle is muddy_chevy_4x4

capitol
10-29-2005, 10:33 AM
i would love to take a dump on his door step but he lives too far away.

Heck, I'll give you $50 bucks just to see a picture of you pinching a loaf on his porch :D :D

jtv3062
10-29-2005, 10:35 AM
http://facethejury.com/profile.asp?user_name=Tim84K10

delloro
10-29-2005, 12:50 PM
...i know that the postal service will not do anything for this small amount of money....

no you do not know that. postal crimes are prosecuted very seriously and I have personally witnessed an idiot being judged guilty on a felony count b/c the stupid postal employee stole a cheap gold necklace from the mail. he refused to plea to a misdemeanor, and then defended himself. ta-DUM! felony conviction! and, fed judges have very little discretion in sentencing, see the FSGs.

these cases are prosecuted by the local US Attorney.

Inoxmark
10-29-2005, 1:07 PM
my deal was on glocktalk. i don't know what other sites he is on.You should also post your story on GT then, they have a special forum for trading references. I am not sure how much good writing to a GT moderator would do, but culdn't hurt, this kind of behavior is not looked upon kindly anywhere.

rangerT
10-29-2005, 4:44 PM
i have contacted the owner of glocktalk and the MOD of the accesories forum. i have not recieved a responce from them in over a month. i also read that they don't want to get involved in any deals gone wrong on their site.

i emailed the guy and said "i never recieved the copy of the check that was to be here in 5 business days. you are a thief. enjoy my money." his reply was "THANKS"

Can'thavenuthingood
10-29-2005, 5:58 PM
Time to go down and see your Postmaster and file charges of mail fraud. Make the little worm squirm.
And publish everywhere with his pictures as well as the picture of his Dad with his truck.
You gotta get serious or you gotta give up.

Vick

wheelgunner
10-30-2005, 5:43 AM
:mad: TROLL THREAD

Sharnhorst
10-30-2005, 6:58 AM
Maybe you could get a tax write off for your contribution to the rednecks relief fund of america. i mean you did a good thing, the poor guy has a hot water heater in his living room for gods sake. http://facethejury.com/images/photos/Ti/Tim84K10-342446.jpg

rangerT
10-30-2005, 7:33 AM
wow some of you guys are very smart you should be detectives. i am a troll because you say i am. i guess i made the guy up right?

i am an honest man and i have had many dealings on this board and never have i had anyone question my honesty.

vega
10-30-2005, 8:06 AM
May I ask what exactly did you buy from him and decided not to sell?

vega

rangerT
10-30-2005, 8:46 AM
read the first page and you will see.

jnojr
10-31-2005, 9:05 AM
Where did you get the MO from? If it was a Postal MO report it to the Postal Inspectors, they take that stuff very seriously postal fraud is a felony.

They care if a money order is stolen or forged. But if you make out a legit money order to Joe Blow and he cashes it, they're happy.

Small claims court is the only way to go here. I think you could have someone local to the other guy act as your "agent"... you'd need to check into that. You could also try suing him in your local small claims court, but I seriously doubt you could compel his appearance ir get a default judgement... how would you feel if someone thousands of miles away sued you, the costs of appearing were more than the case, and he got a default judgement? If you could do that, I'g get Alaska, Maine, and Florida phone books and start suing everyone. starting with the As :D

Charliegone
10-31-2005, 9:16 AM
Hmm for some reason I have a bad feeling about this person...:confused:

docfubar
10-31-2005, 10:18 AM
If you emailed eric and the mods you would have gotten a response back especially from eric. I know that from experience.

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 1:19 PM
I'm the supposed person in question. Someone emailed this to me because apparently this guy thinks that I have stolen his money.

I spoke with the California Attorney General's office and they informed me that it was a felony to import or make available for sale any high capacity magazine into the state of California.

At that time, I had already cashed Mr. XXXXX's money order. I called my bank and had them issue a certified check and it was mailed to him. He cashed it into his bank account in California. I have a copy of the check and I will fax it to ANYONE on this board who wants clarification that I am NOT a thief.

I am indeed a postal employee and I am very well aware that mail fraud is a serious offense. That is why I promptly refunded this man's money.

Yesterday he messeged me on Glocktalk and asked me to fax a copy of the check to him. I did, and he has a copy.

Honestly, everyone, put yourself in my shoes. The man had my check, with his name and his address on the front. He lives in California, and the check was cashed in California. The man has his money and now he won't leave me alone....he's chasing me all over the internet and I'm getting emails from people I've never met about that I owe this guy $40.

I never had any interest in defrauding this man and I never will. I have been up front and honest with him. I have complied with his request to fax him a copy of the check he cashed. I have spent hours of my time on the phone with my bank and typing emails to Mr. XXXXX trying to resolve this issue.

I'm an up front and honest person. I've done everything I could to take care of this man. I suspect he's bitter because I wouldn't sell him the magazines. Listen, sir. I'm sorry they're illegal in California. I'm sorry that I can't mail them to you. I really did want to sell them.

I do a lot of deals on the internet. Last week, I sent a postal money order for $925 to a man on Glocktalk without even thinking twice about it. I've also purchased a gun from a man on Glocktalk.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at tim_84_chevy AT yahoo DOT com and I will be MORE THAN HAPPY to fax a 3rd party a copy of the check that this man cashed.

If someone stole the check out of your box and cashed a check with YOUR name on it, that is forgery and mail theft which the postal inspectors will take care of!

I ASSURE YOU that I will do whatever I can to make sure you get your $40, but at this point, my hands are tied. I sent you a certified bank check, it was cashed, and I have the copy of the check to prove it. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Like I said, if anyone wants a copy of the check I will fax it to you to prove my innocence. I'm tired of this entire thing, wasting my time.

If there is any question that I am indeed a postal employee, anyone that wants me to email them from my official postal email address, I will do that also.

In short, I've done everything I can for this man. I'm out of patience. I really have tried to help him and I've spent hours of my time over this $40. If I could just come to California and hand him the cash so he'd leave me alone.

rangerT
10-31-2005, 1:32 PM
the deal was only for magazine parts. it is nice you left that part out. please fax me a copy of the check as you said that you would. as i told you in my emails to you i never recieved any of your checks or the fax that you say you sent. my bank has no record of me cashing the check like you say. i have never chased you on any internet forum. i only emailed you through glocktalk. also when i emailed you and said to enjoy my money and you run a nice scam you reply with "THANKS". you have my money and again i stand here with no mag parts or any proof that i cashed your check as you said. you say that you sent me 2 checks and a fax. i recieved nothing. i have had plenty of deals with people on this board so they know i am honest. again please fax me a copy of this check you have my fax number and you have my address as i sent it to you many times to be sure you sent it to the right address.

ETA it is nice to see you try to be so helpfull on this forum. it is a nice change from the F off or i will report you the the DOJ for trying to buy replacement mag "PARTS" and other language that i have received from you through our private emails on glocktalk. i have never asked you to send me money. i only have asked to send me a copy of the check you say i cashed. i have never recieved any copy of a check or any other proof. if i had a deal that went wrong i would do everything i could to make it right. you say you faxed me a copy yesturday. i never recieved it. please try to fax me a copy again.

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 2:17 PM
You were not trying to buy parts. You wanted me to disassemble the complete magazines and send them in pieces so they'd be legal. Unfortuantely, per the directions I got from the Attorney General's office in California, this is not true.

Listen, man. I don't want to rip anybody off. I put the mags up for sale because I WANTED to ship them to someone that could own PRE BAN mags. Unfortunately, despite that they're pre-ban, I can't sell them to you. I wish I could...I really did want to. I still have them by the way, I am going to keep them after all this hassle to get rid of them.

I faxed you the copy to the number you provided yesterday, and I recieved a receipt from your fax machine. It was received.

This issue is over between us as far as I'm concerned. I'll do whatever it takes to clear my name, but i paid you your money and I don't want to hear anything else about this.

I just want my name cleared and for you to stop harassing me publicly. I have not done this to you, and I have done everything you've asked of me despite it being a complete waste of hours of my valuable time.

Trust me, your $40 is not that important to me that I'd rip someone off over. I have been involved in MANY internet deals involving THOUSANDS of dollars at a time, and NEVER had bad feedback. I would NEVER rip anyone off.

My parents never taught me to be that way, I was in the Army and they taught us the core values of honesty and integrity, and I would NEVER allow my name to be tarnished like that over ANY amount of money, and ESPECIALLY not for $40.

This is a done deal, you have your money, now leave me alone.

Since you want to involve everyone here in the open forum, anyone here, feel free to PM or email me your fax number and I'll gladly fax a copy of the check which is pay to the order of Mr. XXXXX, bears his signature, and address, etc.

I have done nothing wrong and I will not allow the threats and emails to continue without defending my name. I believe in honesty and integrity and I've dedicated a LOT of my time to this, and I've done my best to resolve it. If someone stole the check out of your mail box and cahsed it, you need to file a report with the postal inspection service so that they can catch the person that did it. As far as I'm concerned, I have a copy of the check with what appears to be your signature and the $40 is missing from my checking account, so this is a done deal.

I'm sorry that this has caused all of this, as I never intended any of it. I'm just tired of wasting my time on you because you already have your money and I can prove it.

rangerT
10-31-2005, 2:33 PM
parts are parts. if you take a mag apart it is only parts. i told you i had no intention to build a new mag. i have over 30 nfml g19 and g17 mags. i needed only the parts. i also asked you to send just the bodies and follwers but you also refused that. please fax me a copy of the check which is all i have ever asked. PM sent thanks

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 2:42 PM
I re-faxed to the same number you gave yesterday ending in a "2"

Per your PM you just sent, I've also faxed it to your number ending in a "7"

I expect a public apology when you receive it.

rangerT
10-31-2005, 3:48 PM
i finally did recieve a faxed copy of the check. it is not my signature on the check. it was cashed at my credit union but not at my branch. i had hoped to deal with this in our private emails as i requested numerous times. i don't feel that i carry the sole blame here so i will not offer an apology. i never did recieve any check or a fax until today over a month after our deal went bad. i never wanted to involve anyone in our private matter. it seems it took a public forum to get you to send me a copy of the check and i can't be blamed for that. we are square

Bobshouse
10-31-2005, 3:57 PM
So what kind of action are you going to take now that you have a copy of the cashed check?

rangerT
10-31-2005, 4:00 PM
i am going to find out who cashed it and go from there.

jdberger
10-31-2005, 4:01 PM
and if you didn't cash the check...why are you square?

rangerT
10-31-2005, 4:16 PM
because it is not his fault that i did not recieve the check. he sent the check and it was cashed just not by me. so he did not screw me even though i did not get the check. me and him are square. i am tired of dealing with this whole mess. i just got off the phone with my bank and changed my account number. they offered to credit my account for $40 but i declined. it will be easiest to call it a lesson learned and let it die.

BigAL
10-31-2005, 4:20 PM
Aren't banks supposed to check ID? Or is that too much to ask for nowadays.:rolleyes:

rangerT
10-31-2005, 4:26 PM
thats what i said. thats the reason they offered to credit my account.

C.G.
10-31-2005, 4:29 PM
because it is not his fault that i did not recieve the check. he sent the check and it was cashed just not by me. so he did not screw me even though i did not get the check. me and him are square. i am tired of dealing with this whole mess. i just got off the phone with my bank and changed my account number. they offered to credit my account for $40 but i declined. it will be easiest to call it a lesson learned and let it die.

I am not sure I understand why you declined the offer to credit your account. Not a logical thing to do, in my mind.

Charliegone
10-31-2005, 4:34 PM
Hmm I guess my feeling was off a bit, oh well.:rolleyes:

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 4:48 PM
Would you please confirm the date on the check as well?

September 12, 2005.

rangerT
10-31-2005, 4:53 PM
the check is dated sept 12 05 and was cashed on the 28th

Curious17
10-31-2005, 6:30 PM
This is an odd story. Some also could be curious why RangerT has used at least 3 different names on CalGuns: RangerT, Cowboydude, and HFlores. And at least two of those names at the same time. Something ain't right.

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 6:55 PM
This is an odd story. Some also could be curious why RangerT has used at least 3 different names on CalGuns: RangerT, Cowboydude, and HFlores. And at least two of those names at the same time. Something ain't right.

I don't know, but I don't appreciate my name being slandered, my picture being posted on an open forum, etc., over $40.

I'm just glad he admitted that there was a check issued and that he should have received it. It has his name and address on it.

As far as I'm concerned this is a done deal for me. I've done everything I could. My time is seemingly worthless as I've spent several hours trying to get this man his $40.

jtv3062
10-31-2005, 7:26 PM
well i think a few of us was a little quick on the gun. you sir in my book have done nothing wrong but try to protect yourself

rangerT
10-31-2005, 7:36 PM
"This is an odd story. Some also could be curious why RangerT has used at least 3 different names on CalGuns: RangerT, Cowboydude, and HFlores. And at least two of those names at the same time. Something ain't right."

yes those were my names. i am sorry i could not login under my original name of cowboydude so i reregistered under hflores. i listed a gun for sale as hflores and after being contacted about it i was able to login again as cowboydude. i kept hflores to stay in contact with dave a. after the new site came up again i had a problem loging (as many others did)on so i registered as rangerT. i am no good on the computer as you can see from me not knowing how to use the quote function. i don't care if you think something isn't right.

"I don't know, but I don't appreciate my name being slandered, my picture being posted on an open forum, etc., over $40.

I'm just glad he admitted that there was a check issued and that he should have received it. It has his name and address on it.

As far as I'm concerned this is a done deal for me. I've done everything I could. My time is seemingly worthless as I've spent several hours trying to get this man his $40."

as for this if you would have sent a copy of the check weeks ago like you said you would we would have been able to discover the fraud in private. as it is i did not get the refund from you. i have never hounded you or posted your pic on the net. i never asked anyone to email you for any reason. all i ever asked was for a copy of the check that you said i cashed and i never recieved. this is a done deal i will not respond to this thread again.

donger
10-31-2005, 7:39 PM
I'll vouch for rangerT. He's a really nice guy and I would not hesitate to do business with him.

donger

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 10:12 PM
as for this if you would have sent a copy of the check weeks ago like you said you would we would have been able to discover the fraud in private. as it is i did not get the refund from you. i have never hounded you or posted your pic on the net. i never asked anyone to email you for any reason. all i ever asked was for a copy of the check that you said i cashed and i never recieved. this is a done deal i will not respond to this thread again.

My bank has sent you two copies of the check. One in September, and one on October 22nd. I also faxed a copy to you yesterday despite being fed up with your claims, and I faxed it to two different numbers today. The claims that I have not done anything I could do to help you are completely false. You have tried continually saying that I have attempted to defraud you which simply isn't the case. You still won't admit that you cashed my check but at least you're off my back, which I'm happy for that.

tim84k10
10-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh and I would also like to disupte your claim that you wanted to resolve this outside of the open forum. I believe this also to be false. The day this post was started was the day when I called and had the 2nd copy of the check sent to you because you didn't receive the copy of the check the first time.

I never indicated that I was going to steal your money and I did everything I could do to help you, and you started this post anyway. Here I am, stuck on the defensive after you have slandered my name in a forum that I have never even heard of.

C.G.
10-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Oh and I would also like to disupte your claim that you wanted to resolve this outside of the open forum. I believe this also to be false. The day this post was started was the day when I called and had the 2nd copy of the check sent to you because you didn't receive the copy of the check the first time.

I never indicated that I was going to steal your money and I did everything I could do to help you, and you started this post anyway. Here I am, stuck on the defensive after you have slandered my name in a forum that I have never even heard of.

I think, when reading the thread over again, your end of the story seems a lot more plausible then the accuser's, especially when he was reluctant to name you. If one is willing to accuse and then not follow through by naming the perpetrator - there is no crime even if crime was committed.

I would like to be the first to ask the poster Sharnhorst (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=2981) http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_91295", true);
of tim84k10 picture to edit and delete the personal information of tim84k10.

My main reason for this: If a bank is willing to reimburse one's losses due to their admitted lack of dilligence and one declines to accept their offer (acccording to the accuser), after moaning about the same amount (which originally was said to be under $200, but now turns out to be $40; which is under $200, but also is under $100 and also is under $50); there is something very, very wrong with this picture.

Tim84k10, I also think that if you were not honorable you would bother to clear your name on, as you put it, a forum you never heard of. I, for one, am sorry, that you were subject to public scrutiny.

I am glad, Tim84k10, however, that you took the time and stood up for yourself without losing composure. Carry on!:)

jdberger
10-31-2005, 11:46 PM
here here

+1

tim84k10
11-01-2005, 5:54 AM
I am glad, Tim84k10, however, that you took the time and stood up for yourself without losing composure. Carry on!:)

Thank you.

With all due respect....

This is the only thread I've read on this board, and there has even been another individual from here that sent me an email stating that he too, had a dealing like this, with this man.

I don't know what kind of company you guys keep here, but if this were my board, I would ban this individual. He has admittedly made false claims that I tried to rip him off, and incited several people to seek out my picture, find my email address, offer to pinch loaves on my porch, etc.

I would say this man's claims go beyond what one would call a "misunderstanding." This man has absolutely no integrity, and I'm not the only person he has done this to, according to an email I received.

Of course, the moderation here can choose to do whatever they want...but I certainly wouldn't keep this shady character around my board.

pogo
11-01-2005, 7:26 AM
"Curious17- This is an odd story. Some also could be curious why RangerT has used at least 3 different names on CalGuns ....... And at least two of those names at the same time. Something ain't right." .........

Said the pot to the kettle! Curious17 it sounds as if you've been around here quite a while, did you just now reregister under another identity to make your one-and-only anonymous post?!

Way to stand up and account for yourself Tim84 you sound like a very decent guy, sorry for your trouble on this board.

docfubar
11-01-2005, 7:40 AM
I will be honest with everyone here. I have had dealings here, glock talk the high road and a few others. Anyone who has dealt with glock talk KNOWS that eric the administrator is a very stand up guy, and will respond to emails and any complaints. When rangert said he emailed the board administrator at glock talk and he never got back to him it threw up the bull****flag. That is why I pm'd tim84k10 and informed him of this thread.

It also makes me wonder if rangert started this thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=23642) also.

tim84k10 glad I could help.
rangert IF this was just a misunderstand live and learn, also there are members on these boards willing to help get this type of thing taken care of.

tim84k10
11-01-2005, 8:01 AM
I just want to make it really clear to everyone that there was no misunderstanding. Once I'd done presumably everything I could do to pay this man (and when I found out that the check had been cashed) I told him in so many words to leave me alone. I really don't think that's being shady or anything, just fed up with the bullshi* accousations of you going through all this to defraud someone for $40.

I think it's a complete insult to suggest that someone that makes $25 an hour would go through all this bullshi* to try to steal $40 from someone that they don't even know.

Bobshouse
11-01-2005, 3:31 PM
All this for 40.00...and then he lets the bank keep his money? Got me wondering also. If my bank owed me .02, id take it..

Tim84k10...you proved your an inocent man..great job..but tell me, why in the heck do you have a hot water heater in your living room???:cool: :cool: Just messin with ya...have a great day!

Bob

tim84k10
11-01-2005, 5:13 PM
That's my dad's basement. That picture is about 3 years ago. ;)

colossians323
11-01-2005, 7:47 PM
I think the honorable thing to do would have been to lead him to the doj's website, where it says you can buy replacement parts, and that he should have stuck to the 100% legal deal of the sale, and sent the parts as promised.
But since the doj lied to him I guess he is not at fault. Darn doj nazi's.

tim84k10
11-01-2005, 9:02 PM
I spoke with the attorney general's office. If I were you guys, I wouldn't be buying mags in whole or in part, or you WILL find yourself in jail.

There is no exception in the law for parts. That is what the Attorney General's office told me. Reading through the threads around here, nobody can site a reputable source that says it's legal, either.

I really did want to send him the mags (he wanted the complete mags, just wanted me to pop the floor plates off and take them apart) but they said it was illegal.

California state law doesn't apply outside of your borders so they never really could prosecute me unless I stepped foot in to California. That said, I would rather not be involved in ANY law breaking, even if they could never prosecute the case.

saki302
11-01-2005, 9:39 PM
Replacement mag parts have always been legal here- you're allowed to keep your EXISTING grandfathered mags operational by replacing parts. I bet the DOJ assumed the mags were going to be shipped here and re-assembled, which is a definite no-no.
Since you were going to ship the complete mag, just with the floorplate off and in the same box, I bet they assumed they'd be reassembled here illegaly.

Others have asked DOJ and gotten an affitrmative response on the legality of parts- maybe someone can post confirmation?

-Dave

dadoody
11-02-2005, 6:14 AM
You guys are pretty funny :) I laff.

tim84k10
11-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Since you were going to ship the complete mag, just with the floorplate off and in the same box, I bet they assumed they'd be reassembled here illegaly.

Which, if parts were legal, wouldn't be my problem. I can't stop you from making something illegal, even if I do give you the raw material.

Problem is, that according to your attorney general's office, any part of the magazine or the entire thing is illegal, so, I can't help you there.

Trust me guys, I live in a state almost as retarded as California. I feel your pain. I just am not going to break the law--or enter into any questionable legal situation. Although my mom IS a lawyer--I'm not going to get myself involved in something like this.