PDA

View Full Version : Turner's, are they still in business?

zippo
03-07-2009, 6:36 PM
Went to Turne's Outdoor and saw like 5-10 handgun in show case only.

saleman do not know when new item is come in.
if U want some thing(long or handgun) U can Special Order down 30% of the price,but do not know when your order will come in, no time frame for it.

most other gunshop still get something in all most every week or every bi-weeek. and will know time frame most of item that they order.

Do U think like me ...Turne's is will be go out of busniess soon ?(hope NOT)

thank
zippo

03-07-2009, 6:45 PM
Oh goodie, another Turners thread. I was starting to miss it, it's only the second one (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=160704).
Today.

ohsmily
03-07-2009, 6:48 PM
Went to Turne's Outdoor and saw like 5-10 handgun in show case only.

saleman do not know when new item is come in.
if U want some thing(long or handgun) U can Special Order down 30% of the price,but do not know when your order will come in, no time frame for it.

most other gunshop still get something in all most every week or every bi-weeek. and will know time frame most of item that they order.

Do U think like me ...Turne's is will be go out of busniess soon ?(hope NOT)

thank
zippo

Turne's huh?

Did it occur to you that they are simply out of stock because people are buying so many guns??? It is difficult for dealers to get new guns right now; so many manufacturers are backordered.
Turner's are their still in business?
I definitely don't think (or type) like you.

Saigon1965
03-07-2009, 7:19 PM
Oh man - This post has all the FAIL in it for Ohsmily -

OP - Turners is not going anywhere - Now we wish they would sell to someone that can run them -

blackbok
03-07-2009, 7:37 PM
Turne's suscks!

;)

hawk81
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Turne's suscks!

;)

Yes, they do.

Seesm
03-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Ok WHY does Turners seem to always get a bad rap? Could they be THAT bad? And does Ohsmily work for them?

ZombieKiller
03-08-2009, 8:10 AM
The real question is-
WHERE CAN WE BUY ALL THE POWERBAIT COLORS IF THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS?!

Saigon1965
03-08-2009, 9:07 AM
From what I gather - Service is the pits - Ohsmily is not on their payroll - Unless he's changed profession of late -

Ok WHY does Turners seem to always get a bad rap? Could they be THAT bad? And does Ohsmily work for them?

tsname
03-08-2009, 10:24 AM
The real question is-
WHERE CAN WE BUY ALL THE POWERBAIT COLORS IF THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS?!

Pretty sure you're joking but Wal-Mart has you covered. :p

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-08-2009, 10:44 AM
i still shop at turners the people in there now me and they are nice. the best answere to my question of when you getting more XD's in "When the manufacturere makes more" Its not that they cant order it. it is hat manufacturers are back ordered out the ***.

i have no plans to stop shopping at my turners.

Maddog5150
03-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I've been asked that three times today. Two of them were definately trolling considering that they asked that before they even got to the gun counter :rolleyes: I would like to know who has firearms in stock. I would like to buy ;)

darksands
03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Out of Stock usually means they are doing very well. I dont see turners going anywhere soon.

mike100
03-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Other gun shops have at least some kind of stock on the shelves. I realize Turners only buys in quantity or at good wholesale deals, but it would appear that there isn't any of that business out there.

I don't understand why they don't buy what they can get and raise the price a little...

They seem to have lost a good number of their most experienced people in the last year or so too...they can't make commissions if there isn't anything to sell I guess. The rumor about them going out of business seems to make sense.

ohsmily
03-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Other gun shops have at least some kind of stock on the shelves. I realize Turners only buys in quantity or at good wholesale deals, but it would appear that there isn't any of that business out there.

I don't understand why they don't buy what they can get and raise the price a little...

They seem to have lost a good number of their most experienced people in the last year or so too...they can't make commissions if there isn't anything to sell I guess. The rumor about them going out of business seems to make sense.

They don't get commissions on their sales. Some of the products have SPIFs (Sales person incentive funds) from the manufacturers. It is usually minimal (between 5-20 bucks). More than half of the guns they sell don't have a SPIF

mike100
03-08-2009, 1:03 PM
They don't get commissions on their sales. Some of the products have SPIFs (Sales person incentive funds) from the manufacturers. It is usually minimal (between 5-20 bucks). More than half of the guns they sell don't have a SPIF

That makes sense.. maybe 2 years ago they changed the commission deal according to how it was explained to me by one employee (who doesn't work there anymore as far as I can tell). He used to make several hundred a month just on commissions (like $800 on a good month) plus the wage. I could see why the store would change that.

outlawleatherworks
03-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Turne's suscks!

;)

Wow....You're original!!

outlawleatherworks
03-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Sure hope not cause the dude can't spell very well.

Xerxes
03-09-2009, 10:04 AM

Its the quantity thing theory as it goes.

The stores are like Rabbits and all over.

They sell the most firearms to the average Calgunner.

People rarely write rave revues unless it was the result of an initial problem that gets dealt with (hence why some businesses go out of their way to fix a problem for you while others don't see the light).

Negative reviews are another matter. Maybe half the folks that feel they got the shaft will report negatively about their experience while the other half suffer in silence.

As such with so many transactions, with just 1% as failed results in a huge amount of negative publicity. I think though turners is higher than 1% fail, and its due to employees instead of owners of the shop or lovers of the 2nd amendment running things. Think of it like a McDonald's except be grateful that they speak English and don't forget to hold the ammo with that AK.

Seesm
03-12-2009, 8:34 PM
Kinda a bummer.... business wise me being a business owner....

ohsmily
03-12-2009, 8:51 PM
From what I gather - Service is the pits - Ohsmily is not on their payroll - Unless he's changed profession of late -

I worked at the Kearny Mesa store for about 6 months in 2004.

NIB
03-13-2009, 8:54 AM
I'm going to start going around and saying Turner's is closed and out of business.

Just like they kept telling me that Colt was closed and out of business for all those years.

:whistling:

tkmech21
03-13-2009, 10:55 AM
I have quit going to turners, and more to small time gunshops. I was in JW guns in Riverside around the time The New owner of turners took over. He said the guy basically told him he was going to put him out of business, Trying to bully him. I think there is a lot more knowledge from small shops, I have heard Quite a bit of misinformation at Turners through th years.

NorthCountySC
03-13-2009, 2:13 PM
I'm going to start going around and saying Turner's is closed and out of business.

Just like they kept telling me that Colt was closed and out of business for all those years.

:whistling:

You go man! That will teach them! The best way to beat misinformation is with being down right unethical!

btw colt does very little business in the state of CA and production is low nation wide. Even though they are still profitable, to a large degree, many lay people who do not know the full story assume that they are going under or have shut down product lines.

Maddog5150
03-13-2009, 2:54 PM
I have quit going to turners, and more to small time gunshops. I was in JW guns in Riverside around the time The New owner of turners took over. He said the guy basically told him he was going to put him out of business, Trying to bully him. I think there is a lot more knowledge from small shops, I have heard Quite a bit of misinformation at Turners through th years.

Oh yeah. Yay for JW :rolleyes:
Least turners knows what an Infidel is and wont want to cut up your firearm for having that stamped on.