PDA

View Full Version : You know California sucks when you cant buy a .22

what2be
03-07-2009, 5:51 PM
Can someone please explain the process for a out of state ffl holder to be able to ship to california? Is it a long drawn out process? Does anyone have the federal form number the out of state ffl needs? how long does it take to get it accepted it and approved?

I bought a .22 from a dealer in Ohio, but he said he couldnt sell to ca since he wasnt registered in that state, and he didnt think he was ever going to register either since it was such a pain to do.

Was he simply misinformed or is it a pain for them to do it?

freakshow10mm
03-07-2009, 5:54 PM
It takes 3 minutes to register with the DOJ online.

Saigon1965
03-07-2009, 6:19 PM
It's a simple process - Try and talk him into registering then he will have the entire state to sell to - Oh and we do buy -

bplvr
03-07-2009, 7:01 PM
Freakshow is right. It 's 3 minutes....if u peck type. It takes longer than that to get coffee at starbucks ,and they don't throw in the entire state to sell too.
I really don't understand some of these OOS sellers. And then there are people like Stephanie and George at GSArms who posted on CGN and sold sold 100 OLL Kaiser lowers in 4 days. Seems like it might be worth the 3 minutes for that kind of volume. JMHO

what2be
03-07-2009, 7:03 PM
It takes 3 minutes to register with the DOJ online.

Can you give me the link so I have something to email him when I try to get him to register? The easier it is for him, the more likely he will do it.

From talking to him, hes just a old guy that probably hates the fact he even has to use a computer to run his business. He sounded really old school from what I could tell, so the easier i can make it for him, the better.

5150Marcelo
03-07-2009, 7:04 PM
Its easy.

freakshow10mm
03-07-2009, 7:08 PM
https://webapps.doj.ca.gov/cflc/addEnrolee.do?dispatch=enrollmentGuidelines

Freagan
03-07-2009, 7:48 PM
are you sure it is on the roster? i know of a couple .22lr handguns i would already own if they were on the roster :cool:

what2be
03-08-2009, 1:25 AM
https://webapps.doj.ca.gov/cflc/addEnrolee.do?dispatch=enrollmentGuidelines

bah...when I go to the link it says my session has timed out...

do you have the form number and I can search for it?

Thanks..

what2be
03-08-2009, 1:26 AM
are you sure it is on the roster? i know of a couple .22lr handguns i would already own if they were on the roster :cool:

Its a rifle. Bolt action .22

domokun
03-08-2009, 3:11 AM
bah...when I go to the link it says my session has timed out...

do you have the form number and I can search for it?

Thanks..

Start here:

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php

Then click your way through the the CFLC home page link and then "Not yet enrolled in CFLC?" link. That should get them signed up via the online process.

Seesm
03-08-2009, 3:13 AM
Freakshow knows what's up, maybe you can handle getting it into CA.?

Something like the Ohio guy doing the transfer with Freakshow and maybe Freakshow will help you on this one deal since it will cost you mroe to do this way but you can get it into the state I think...

I just like saying Freakshow is that WEIRD? :")

dwtt
03-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Another way is to have the rifle sent to Spreadfire Arms in Texas or Lanworld in Utah, and they can forward it to your local FFL. Costs will be higher, but headaches will be much less.

freakshow10mm
03-08-2009, 2:29 PM
Freakshow knows what's up, maybe you can handle getting it into CA.?

Something like the Ohio guy doing the transfer with Freakshow and maybe Freakshow will help you on this one deal since it will cost you mroe to do this way but you can get it into the state I think...

I just like saying Freakshow is that WEIRD? :")
If the buyer wants to use a middle man FFL such as myself or another dealer here, that's up to him. If he needs help, I'm sure whoever is asked can help him.

what2be
03-08-2009, 8:05 PM
If the buyer wants to use a middle man FFL such as myself or another dealer here, that's up to him. If he needs help, I'm sure whoever is asked can help him.

I may take you up on that, if your interested. My other choice is to go to nevada and do it, (im a dual resident) but its a big pain in the ***** to drive there and back (2,000 miles round trip).

Im bidding on a Saiga 12 on gunbroker atm as well, so maybe ill just combine them and either have a bb installed by a middleman or send them both to nevada and install the bb there.

Thanks for the replies.

bohoki
03-08-2009, 8:38 PM
big mistake never buy anytihnf from out of state till you have a relationship with a dealer if you can not come to good terms you have to buy one local

it sucks and is restraint of trade

but you can buy a .22