PDA

View Full Version : G35, any good?

neomentat
03-07-2009, 4:38 PM
What's your opinion on G35? I've been thinking about getting one but read some Kaboom article related to it. Also I've read that Glock don't heat treat their barrels and instead just put Tennifer coating on it, which contributes to the kaboom in combination of the unsupported chamber.

From the guys who have experience with this weapon, please share.

nick
03-07-2009, 4:51 PM
This was my first handgun, and is still my favorite gun. I've no idea how many rounds I put down the barrel (a lot), but it's still very accurate. We'll see how good your Witness does, but pending that this is the most accurate handgun I own. I've never had a single issue with it. It ate any ammo I threw at it, from Miwall reloads to Winchester Ranger and Federal HPs, and a bunch of stuff in-between (I tried multiple brands and kinds of ammo before I figured out which ones I liked best in it). I used to clean it after each range trip in the beginning, ended up doing it every 2-3-4 trips, it doesn't seem to make any difference.

From what I've read, Glock does heat treat their barrels. I believe, even the Glock website states that. Regardless, you'd be hard-presed to tell that I shot as many rounds as I did by looking at the barrel (I use the original stock barrel), I don't see any wear yet. Also, check out this site. It's a G21, but well, different Glock models aren't that much different from one another in principle:

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

I guess, it's not hard to tell that I really like this gun. Glad you're coming around when it comes to Glocks :p If you want, we can meet and you can shoot my G35.

H2H
03-07-2009, 4:56 PM
amazing test...

BLC
03-07-2009, 6:11 PM
There is a testimonial if I ever heard one.

paladin4415
03-07-2009, 6:27 PM
The 35 is a good gun. It's the .40 cal Glock that I have never seen have feeding issues.

grim1U
03-07-2009, 7:13 PM
Factory sights aside, the grip angle is the only thing I do not like about any Glock, but that is a personal preference. The G35 is a great weapon and I do not think you would be disappointed if you choose to get one.

Most of my experience comes from shooting the G22, but I like the weight and fell of the G35 even more. That said, I like the XD 40 Tactical better because it gives me the grip angle I like and still keeps the simplicity of the Glock.:D

Just my .02

BLC
03-07-2009, 9:04 PM
The 35 is a good gun. It's the .40 cal Glock that I have never seen have feeding issues.

My 23 hasnt either.

B Strong
03-07-2009, 9:25 PM
If you're worried about Kb's, just get a good quality aftermarket barrel with a better supported chamber.

Jarvis, Barsto, KKm, they're all good.

I like mine, 4K + rounds so far on a Barsto and never a problem.

robnorth
03-08-2009, 4:44 PM
Impressive link!

I want to get into pistol shooting now that I'm here in California (you may think the gun laws here suck, but they're paradise compared to Canada), and after renting a G22 once I'm tempted to just go with it. This helps convince me even more that this would be a great gun to start with.

nick
03-08-2009, 4:55 PM
Try a G35, it's basically a G22 with a longer barrel and a few other adjustments making it more accurate. It likes 180gr bullets.

eaglemike
03-08-2009, 5:41 PM
The G35 is a really good gun. A premium barrel makes it even better (as noted above). Bar-Sto would be my first choice, KKM very close. Lone Wolf offers conventional rifling, but it my experience doesn't improve accuracy like the Bar-Sto or KKM does.

EDit: if this is your first Glock, the trigger will likely take some serious "getting used to." IMO the Glock has it's own feel. I think Glocks are great SD, or HD, etc - because they are among the very best at going "bang" every time. I'd suggest going somewhere to rent one. If you want a much better trigger and don't mind spend a LOT more money, try an X-5. :)

all the best,
Mike

HkFan416
03-08-2009, 7:23 PM
Get the 350z, better IMHO

NiteQwill
03-08-2009, 7:26 PM

:p:cool2::sleeping:

nick
03-08-2009, 8:05 PM

Maybe, but you only get one shot at the target. With a Glock 35 you get 10 in CA :)