PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 and 10/30 magazine fixed floor plates?

dg29
03-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I was wondering if someone here might be able to clear something up for me. I have USGI magazines in 10/20 and 10/30 that I'd purchased that have been modified to only accept ten rounds. This was done by the use of a rivet, but I can still remove the floor plates to clean and service the magazines. I also have a couple of Magpul pmags that have had the followers modified with plastic rods so that they can only accept ten rounds. I've noticed that on some of the pmags ( 10/20's & 10/30's) I've seen the bottom floor plates have been glued or epoxied so that one can no longer take them apart for service or repair. So here's my question: Do my 10/20 & 10/30 USGI magazines and Magpul p-mags need to have their floor plates fixed in place so that they can no longer be serviced, repaired, or rebuilt? Is this the law in regards to converted formerly hi-capacity magazines?
Thanks in advance,
dg

chrisdesoup
03-07-2009, 6:48 PM
I just finished a 10/30 but didn't seal the floorplate on my pmag... seems to be a good question, I have bought 10/20's from vendors and they always have been epoxied shut.

now i'm curious... how much is enough, I use 10rd springs and put a wooden block in to fill the space... even if I took out the block the 10 rd spring would make the mag useless.... right? Hotdog down a hallway type thing..