PDA

View Full Version : I think I may be ill, but I think this Norinco is cool!!!

wilit
03-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Usually not a fan of products from the land of almost correct copies, but this is actually a pretty cool feature on a pistol. It'd be cool to see other manufacturers incorporate the one-handed slide cycle feature into some pistols.

The Norinco 77B

http://www.marstar.ca/gf-norinco/images/M-77B-800px.jpg

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/type77b_3.jpg

CABilly
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM
Ok, that is B.A.!!

Fantasma
03-07-2009, 1:14 AM
Neat.

Jpach
03-07-2009, 1:16 AM
I gata admit. That is pretty cool

comandante costello
03-07-2009, 1:19 AM
Well **** sheriff, that's pretty dang cool.

Edit: I wonder how easy it really is to fight the mainspring with one finger though....and I hope that forward part of the trigger guard doesn't retract with the normal cycling of the slide upon recoil!

BigRich
03-07-2009, 1:59 AM
Research Einhand pistols. It is an old idea. Also the Joloar pistol.

CABilly
03-07-2009, 2:40 AM
Or you can just chain a large office desk to your leg and carry that around you, so you can be as cool as Tom Cruise in that new movie.

bohoki
03-07-2009, 9:51 AM
till your finger slips

Saigon1965
03-07-2009, 9:56 AM
Very interesting concept - This should pass the CA drop test without issues -

kermit
03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
till your finger slips

That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this,too:eek:
It's a solution in search of a problem.

Fantasma
03-07-2009, 11:17 AM

That statement is played out, It's an interesting idea.

mvpatriot
03-07-2009, 11:28 AM
That statement is played out, It's an interesting idea.

I disagree. IMO, if it aint broke, dont fix it.
Basically a Chinese novelty pistol, no thanks.

Fantasma
03-07-2009, 11:34 AM

I'm guessing since there is Articles, Videos, Books out there on how to load, and cock your pistol when one of your hands is unusable I am sure it is trying to fix some problem. If you disagree with that, then Its a novelty...

PolishMike
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm guessing since there is Articles, Videos, Books out there on how to load, and cock your pistol when one of your hands is unusable I am sure it is trying to fix some problem. If you disagree with that, then Its a novelty...

Its a dangerous novelty.

That spring has to be pretty tough and it would be very easy to slip, especially in a scenario where your hands are really sweaty, ect.

wilit
03-07-2009, 11:39 AM

Tell the people with the use of only one hand that. Seems to me that this is a perfect solution to a disabled person who doesn't want a revolver.

22popnsplat
03-07-2009, 12:05 PM

+1
I have to wonder how hard it is to cycle like that, I dont see anything that would indicate to me that there is any mechanical advantage

22popnsplat
03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Tell the people with the use of only one hand that. Seems to me that this is a perfect solution to a disabled person who doesn't want a revolver.

Now theres a huge market to go after

jaymz
03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Seems like a cool idea, though I wouldn't want my trigger finger to be the victim when the trigger guard somehow binds up on the slide when a round gets fired.................you can imagine the rest.:ack2:

Saigon1965
03-07-2009, 1:21 PM
In an emergency - With only one useful hand - This is very handy - It's not for everyone -

kermit
03-07-2009, 4:09 PM
In an emergency with only one hand available, the standard procedure is to cock the gun by dragging the rear sight against your belt or pocket.

For a physically handicapped shooter, an extension can be added to the side of the slide that allows it to be hooked more securely to the belt or pocket for cocking. Competitive shooters have had such a modification for years. My friend, who has only use of his right arm, had no trouble operating my stock 1911.

Putting the hook directly in front of the trigger is just a poor design. I can only imagine that the Chinese do not have product liability lawyers.

bohoki
03-07-2009, 5:57 PM
Its a dangerous novelty.

That spring has to be pretty tough and it would be very easy to slip, especially in a scenario where your hands are really sweaty, ect.

you are right the spring is tough since it is straight blowback

aplinker
03-07-2009, 6:17 PM
This would be a great pistol for UOC as you could cock it with your grip hand while you load with your support hand.

tonelar
03-07-2009, 9:17 PM
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw this,too:eek:

A buddy of mine has a tip up barrel Beretta. He's on handed. This is definitely something he should look into.

M. Sage
03-07-2009, 9:22 PM
Its a dangerous novelty.

Seems safe to me. Then again, I've got mechanic's hands. :thumbsup:

wilit
03-07-2009, 9:59 PM
Putting the hook directly in front of the trigger is just a poor design. I can only imagine that the Chinese do not have product liability lawyers.

I don't see it as an issue if you have the safety on like you're supposed to.