PDA

View Full Version : Ground Squirrel Hunting

slowjonn
10-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi all. I live near Corona and am looking for a place to shoot ground squirrels. My family used to have a 12,000 acre hunting club near Williams but we lost it. Is there any place to shot squirrels between here and Bakersfield/ Fresno? Maybe a farmer with a rodent problem that wants some help with eradication? My new .17 HMR needs to be broken in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

C.G.
10-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi all. I live near Corona and am looking for a place to shoot ground squirrels. My family used to have a 12,000 acre hunting club near Williams but we lost it. Is there any place to shot squirrels between here and Bakersfield/ Fresno? Maybe a farmer with a rodent problem that wants some help with eradication? My new .17 HMR needs to be broken in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Might want to do a search here: http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index.php?showforum=271

TrailerparkTrash
10-25-2005, 3:34 AM
The only area in SoCal where you can hunt squirels is north of the Grape vine and east of the 5 freeway. Basically up in Kern county in the Sequoia Nat'l forest.

Check the regs under squirrels for San Diego county. I'm almost positive that you can't hunt them south of Kern county. I don't have the regs in front of me or the URL for the DFG.