PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Assault Weapon dealer

nobody33
03-06-2009, 3:29 PM
Can anyone suggest a good FFL with an assault weapon permit in the San Diego area? Gussler doesn't have one and I'm buying a long gun for duty use off the internet. thanks

Emphasis added by moderator. Posters: DO NOT GET HUNG UP ON what may be illegal for YOU, or on the (correct in context) term "assault weapon permit

Crazed_SS
03-06-2009, 3:51 PM
Can anyone suggest a good FFL with an assault weapon permit in the San Diego area? Gussler doesn't have one and I'm buying a long gun for duty use off the internet. thanks

Try California Police Equipment or American Shooting Center. They have non-gimped ARs on display there that say, "LE Only".

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 3:53 PM
Please don't call it assault weapons. The implication is much terrible than the reality of it.

What should he call it then?:confused: he is not talking about an OLL. Should he called it "Listed" dealer:confused: What are you trying to say audi?

To the OP. I believe that American Shooting Center has an Assault Weapon FFL, if not, try California Police Equipment in El Cajon.

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 3:53 PM
Please don't call it assault weapons. The implication is much terrible than the reality of it.

Dude, "assault weapon dealer" is the correct term for what he's looking for. He's looking for a dealer who has been issued an assault weapon dealer permit, not an OLL friendly dealer.

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 3:54 PM
Try California Police Equipment or American Shooting Center. They have non-gimped ARs on display there that say, "LE Only".

You punk, you beat me to it.. LOL. Man we are on top of **** here in San Diego:D:thumbsup:

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 3:54 PM
To the OP. I believe that American Shooting Center has an Assault Weapon FFL, if not, try California Police Equipment in El Cajon.

Come to think of it, I believe Quantico Arms in Oceanside was putting in for an AW permit. They may have gotten it by now.

hybridatsun350
03-06-2009, 3:56 PM
Assault rifles are illegal in Ca. Do you mean OLL?

No, if you read his post you'll see that he is looking for a duty weapon. He needs to find an FFL that has the ability to buy and sell weapons that would otherwise be deemed illegal assault weapons. Only certain FFL's have this certification.

Fjold
03-06-2009, 3:58 PM

He said that it's for "duty use" which implies that he's an LEO and thus allowed to own one with his department's permission.

jasilva
03-06-2009, 4:02 PM

He's law enforcement
he can have AWs if his chief okays it.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=18493&stc=1&d=1236384106

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 4:08 PM
I have deleted some thread-derailing posts and modified the OP's post to add emphasis for those who don't read closely.

5150Marcelo
03-06-2009, 4:12 PM
The San Diego guys here should take care of you and know where to send you. If all else fails, just cruise around Logan Heights and ask any given cholo:eek::p

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 4:14 PM
The San Diego guys here should take care of you and know where to send you. If all else fails, just cruise around Logan Heights and ask any given cholo:eek::p

No mames guey. I tried Logan Heights already and the only thing they had was a .33lr single shot pistol.:D

5150Marcelo
03-06-2009, 4:15 PM
No mames guey. I tried Logan Heights already and the only thing they had was a .33lr single shot pistol.:D

You need to check the vatos who live in the houses that have a tunnel leading into Tijuas... they got them. Trust me, I was told:43:

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 4:17 PM
You need to check the vatos who live in the houses that have a tunnel leading into Tijuas... they got them. Trust me, I was told:43:

Ay no mames guey, that would be a loooooooooooooonnnnnnggg tunnel from Barrio Logan to Tijuana:eek::D

holyhandgrenade
03-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Sean at National Police Supply in Vista very well maybe, though Im not sure so I would call first, might save you a trip if youre in North County.

Hes LEO himself, so I suspect he might be able to help you. Great guy to deal with either way though.

PolishMike
03-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Discount gun mart has one ;)

We deal a lot with LE.

Jpach
03-07-2009, 1:37 AM
Why dont you just get an Off list rifle and jus thave it in a AW configuration? have them give the upper and lower to you in separate halves. Hmm maybe you are being forced to buy X rifle which so happens to be listed, that might explain it huh?

jmlivingston
03-07-2009, 6:47 AM
I believe our member Scoutpup99 has his AW Dealer's Permit, but he's up towards Wildomar I believe.

nobody33
03-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Why dont you just get an Off list rifle and jus thave it in a AW configuration? have them give the upper and lower to you in separate halves. Hmm maybe you are being forced to buy X rifle which so happens to be listed, that might explain it huh?

Thanks for the responses everyone and pointing me in the right direction.

To answer this question, we must buy full and complete rifles for duty use per the dept. policy. I'm ordering a Colt 6940 from a distributor.

AW $ transfers per phone calls (and a PM from DGM): not including the DROS and registration fee:

DGM- $150
CPE- $100
American Shooting Center: $100
Quantico Arms- $75

ohsmily
03-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Discount Gun Mart has one.

USN CHIEF
03-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Discount gun mart has one ;)

We deal a lot with LE.

Discount Gun Mart has one.