PDA

View Full Version : What's the Republican Party doing for us these days?

OODA
10-20-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm a staunch conservative and have voted Republican ever since I got my first paycheck (and saw all the taxes taken out). I plan to support the Republican Party in the next mid-term election cycle, but I don't see the Republicans doing anything to generate excitement on California. I can't think of a single potential candidate for Senator and our Governor won by weight of personality last time.

How are we going to make any progress if we don't have a vision or any visionaries? :mad:

bwiese
10-20-2005, 11:25 AM
It's simple demographics. Metro areas have lots of 'blue'.

Plus, some Republicans come off as bible-thumping religionists, which scares many people (creationism, etc.)

Also, in Calif, the whole abortion "choice" question is a losing one - whether or not you're for or against it. The votes are just not there. Middle of the roaders who could vote Repub. shy away. Just shut up about it and move on, it's a lost cause in CA.

In fact, abortion issues trump gun issues on the political scale. Gun issues are way down there. If we can get CA liberals focused on some other contentious issues besides guns, fewer new/idiotic gun laws will be passed because those won't affect votes, and all the hue & cry will be over other nongun issues.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

just4fun63
10-20-2005, 1:48 PM
Republican or democrat it doesn't matter. They are looking to keep their job! We need to pass the redistricting propisition and fix the districts. A part time legislature would be good also. :cool: