PDA

View Full Version : Is economy finally catching up with a gun crowd?

Eastbayguy
03-06-2009, 6:51 AM
I can see many good deals in the market section,
like USP 45 compact for 800$ (unfired, Bay Area), USP elite for 1100$ (South Ca). I just bought HK expert that was for sale since 02/09/2009 at a decent price. Sure, there is an exception for EBR or AK (simply supply&demand + fear).
And despite some doom & gloom prediction (Glock shortage, etc) the inventory
in Castro Valley gun shop is not bad.

audihenry
03-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Even AKs are sitting on the market longer and some have to be reduced. I saw a couple over the last two weeks.

As I predicted, this nonsense wouldn't continue. Prices will continue to fall to pre-November levels and ammo stashes will come on the market. A lot of people will lose out.

AJAX22
03-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Calguns is a separate economy from the majority of the firearms industry.

We are all plugged in to the good deals and have instant access to new supply and can accurately gauge demand within our microcosm.

The outside economy however is completely unable to reach equilibrium as demand vastly outstrips supply in all things.

AR's will probably get a bit better price wise, AK's are going to get much much worse before they get better (particularly if they keep talking about banning parts importation and redefining sporting arms)

low end guns may go down in price somewhat (particularly as quality controll issues become more apparent)

but as far as colts, noveske's and milled receiver AK47's.... those will command a premium for the foreseeable future.

audihenry
03-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Truth be told, there aren't a lot of milled AKs around anyway. 99% on the market, at least CalGuns, are stamped.

AJAX22
03-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Truth be told, there aren't a lot of milled AKs around anyway. 99% on the market, at least CalGuns, are stamped.

I think I may have seen something up for sale recently ;)

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=2125799&postcount=100

It seems that someone is making it a priority to bring milled AK's into the state in an effort to throw a middle finger at 'the man'.

audihenry
03-06-2009, 1:46 PM
Again, there have been a couple, but not a majority. Not that I'd be against milled AKs!

randy
03-06-2009, 2:44 PM
like USP 45 compact for 800$ (unfired, Bay Area), USP elite for 1100$ (South Ca). I just bought HK expert that was for sale since 02/09/2009 at a decent price. Sure, there is an exception for EBR or AK (simply supply&demand + fear).

If those are good deals back your truck full of money up to my gun safe.

AndrewMendez
03-06-2009, 7:14 PM
I found a STACK of 9mm, .40, and 45 ACP at Wallys World and Turners!! I was almost is disbelief!

CAL.BAR
03-06-2009, 7:29 PM

Just try listing something that people really want and see how fast it sells (ammo, HK USC etc.)

Eastbayguy
03-06-2009, 9:58 PM
Just try listing something that people really want and see how fast it sells (ammo, HK USC etc.)
And wait another 25 weeks for a new CMMG or Stag upper or Saiga:),
thank you, but NO!

trashman
03-06-2009, 10:27 PM
As a S&W collector, I will say that in the last year a lot of hard to find stuff has been on the market....I have snagged as much as I can. Seems clearly correlated with the sliding economy.

--Neill