PDA

View Full Version : Safety Deposit Boxes in Free States

xxxx
03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Say I was to get rid of a property I had in AZ, could I go store my hi-caps in a safety deposit box in a bank in AZ even though I no longer own property there? I am guessing the answer is a yes but I just want to make sure.

deleted by PC police
03-05-2009, 1:07 PM
I'm sure you could, If not ship em to me and I will hold em for you.

Mickey D
03-05-2009, 8:32 PM
HiCap mags for what?

user5412
03-05-2009, 8:34 PM
Break them down and take them with you. Store unassembled. In some states after there is no activity on a box for awhile, they will make an attempt to contact you (sometimes this never happens), take what's in your box, sell it on auction, burn any papers and take the money into an account for you to claim, and after a few years the state will take the money(!)

ohsmily
03-05-2009, 9:00 PM
Just bring them into CA disassembled. No reason to use a SAFE deposit box.

nick
03-05-2009, 9:12 PM
Break them down and take them with you. Store unassembled. In some states after there is no activity on a box for awhile, they will make an attempt to contact you (sometimes this never happens), take what's in your box, sell it on auction, burn any papers and take the money into an account for you to claim, and after a few years the state will take the money(!)

Actually, CA does that a lot. We have lots of regulations making this easy, kinda like the shore scavengers of old.

SONYEXEC
03-05-2009, 10:26 PM
having property in NV & AZ I have bought some guns with hi cap mags and keep the extras (mags) stored here in calif disassembled of course.

Bruce3
03-05-2009, 10:37 PM
be careful about safety deposit boxes, i heard that if the country ever goes into a state of emergency all safety deposit boxes become property of government. so i hear.. (puts on tin foil hat)