View Full Version : If CA wasn't so messed up...

03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I for one would have LOVED to participate in AAC's suppressor giveaway they had recently. It started last week and ran for less than a week because so many people piled on for it! They were planning to have it as an open offer almost indefinitely then got FLOODED.

ETA: Around 250 people got in on this offer, purely via message boards, in 5 days. Got cash, got appointments, got tattooed.

Here was the offer: You can get any of these tattoos here: http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35292 If you have another AAC logo you like let me know and you can do that too.

The Tattoo has to be:
Larger then 2”x 2”
Has to be the logo, no changes! (call if there will be any changes some small stuff will not matter)
Has to be able to be seen with your shirt off and board shirts on (no bottom of the foot or *** )

We get:
Rights to all pic you send us… we will use these on the AAC blog and web site (and elsewhere as we see fit)
Pics of you getting the tattoo and pics after tattoo is done.

You get:
A free silencer up to $1,000.00
If you want to get a more expensive silencer you can pay the difference to upgrade.

No need to have the words “Advanced Armament Corp” tattooed… Of course you could if you wanted to…

You pay the $200 tax stamp and any transfer fees your class III dealer charges.

We have no plans to end this soon. However, we may end it tomorrow we will post on our Blog when we stop doing it.

You must call me to order your free silencer (after getting the tattoo) please know what dealer is doing your transfer when you call.

ONE more thing...

We need a pic of your new tattoo and your face, in the same picture. This is to make sure two people don't get free silencers for one tattoo.

We will not post the pic with your face in it if you tell us not to. I know this can be kinda hard to do with some tattoos so zoom out a little!

I suppose I could have gotten a trust put together out of state, which I'm going to do anyway when the Mrs. and I move (possibly moving to another no NFA state...bugger!) soon, but didn't see this coming fast enough. Saw it posted on another site that linked to SilencerTalk, which I read every now and then, and smacked myself so hard on the forehead I had a red hand print for a few minutes.

Wouldn't you do this? I for one would love to make my first tattoo be for such an occasion. Here's some people who did.

No word on if this promo will come around again anytime soon :(

Matt C
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Damn, I totally would have submitted mine:http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7754&stc=1&d=1202361351 I could extend the silencers a bit even :).

03-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I have tattoos, but wouldn't get one for a free silencer. Even if I lived in a free state. Not to trash the idea, it's great - but I wouldn't do it.

03-05-2009, 1:00 PM
Someone on another forum I'm on did it. They did the circle looking logo though.

03-05-2009, 1:07 PM
You'd have needed to get one of the ones off the list of 13 provided, so you'd need a new one BWO, but they were some very good choices:

03-05-2009, 2:27 PM
I would love a "free" muffler for one of my guns.

But not at the expence of defacing my body.

03-05-2009, 2:51 PM
I don't personally like the idea of tattoos (I prefer to minimize identifying marks), but if one has to get one, may as well get something out of it.

03-05-2009, 3:25 PM
i would totally do that
to bad

03-05-2009, 3:53 PM
Get tatted up for a free supressor? HELLz YA!

03-05-2009, 6:34 PM
I have tattoos and I would have totally done that, if the supressors were legal in California.

03-05-2009, 6:46 PM
You can form a trust in Nevada or Oregon, but too late for that particular offer.