View Full Version : changing cal. in your pistol legal?

03-05-2009, 11:37 AM
was looking to change from .40 to 357sig in a beretta. would it be legal to do? after reading a post i have considered a bigger round for my next gun. the one i liked is not cal legal. and my detication for my brand would be nice to do. i have andb can get parts do do a conversion. but would it be legal? here california?



03-05-2009, 11:42 AM
The end owner of a handgun can alter the handgun in any way that is legal federally (aka, don't put a stock on it) and keeps it out of CA AW status (no threaded barrel.)


03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Once it's in your possesion - You can convert away -

Matt C
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
This is the accepted wisdom based on the theory that only a licensed manufacturer can manufacture, but you might easily find a DA who sees it differently. That said, it would only me a misdemeanor if you get charged. The PC for this (and the arguments for and against legality) can be found in the original NERF thread.