PDA

View Full Version : Glendale Gun Show: Worth going?

ncmavtgun
03-05-2009, 8:47 AM
The Glendale Gun Show is coming up this weekend and i've never been to it. What can i expect? Since i only live a few blocks away i thought i would check it out this weekend. Are there any good deals on ammo (i'm looking for mainly .45 and 9mm)? What else is there at this show?

Feedback from anyone who's gone there would be appreciated.:thumbsup:

Greg-Dawg
03-05-2009, 9:24 AM
For accessories like targets, cleaning supplies, etc. is really why I go.

Reloaded ammo from Miwall and Ammo Bros are a pretty good deal. I live only less than 5 minutes and been going for a while. Make sure you enter through the back entrance on Mountain to beat the crowds...plus get there early for FREE parking.

Don't forget to pick up some beef jerky. Elk is my favorite.

ncmavtgun
03-05-2009, 9:30 AM
Greg-Dawg,

Thanks for the heads up.
Do you recall any prices on reloads?

Beef Jerky at gun shows? That's cool, i think i'll pick some up.

Greg-Dawg
03-05-2009, 10:04 AM
I can't recall right now, since prices have been increasing these last couple of shows.

I recommend bringing a calculator to compare prices from other vendors. If you can find the best deal there, then go for it.

razorduc
03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
There's usually tons of reloads so take a quick look around before buying. Check prices online and at Walmart so you have a good reference. Otherwise it's mostly accessories and/or knock off products.

I always buy the beef jerky, and it's good, but it's super expensive. I lost the name of the one vendor, but he's an older white guy. He had a "Dragon's Breath" spicy one that almost killed my friend because I told him to try it in the car and we didn't have any drinks to wash it down =). They were also longer chunks instead of the normal flattened pieces.