PDA

View Full Version : Service Offered: Barrel Threading

AaronHorrocks
03-05-2009, 8:21 AM
A couple years ago I did a group buy with some friends on Romanian WASR-2 rifles. What I really wanted (all of us actually) were AK74 type rifles. I ended up selling mine to a friend. Since then I'm in the process of building four AK74 type rifles now, so I'll finally get something that I want.

Anyhow, the WASR-2s don't have threaded barrels, which means you can't put a Muzzle Break on them. So, in order to help those same friends turn their WASR-2 rifles into more AK74 looking rifles, I have bought all the nessisary tools and equipment to thread those barrels to 14LH (Ak47 type threading). Unfortunetly two of these friends backed out since they purchased new frontsight posts and think it'll be easier to swap those out. Perhaps they'll learn the new frontsight posts they bought aren't compatable, or how much more work and more expensive it is at a later time. Anyhow, this has put me in a tough spot since I have have a bunch of new gunsmithing tools and not enough work to pay for them.
Thus, I'm here now offering my services to any calgunner.

Once your WASR (or similar rifle) has a threaded barrel you can put on a muzzle break, compensator, or blank fire adapter. Don't ask me to thread a pistol barrel or the barrel of any historically significant rifle, such as a Russian SKS since I just won't do it.

I don't have a firm idea on price yet, but my services will be cheap. I'd like to get enough to pay off these tools.

69Mach1
03-05-2009, 8:39 AM
I have many AK's that require that service, but unfortunately you're too far away. Good luck anyway.

AaronHorrocks
03-05-2009, 8:46 AM
I drive through L.A. several times a year. If you have a workbench with a mounted vise, we're good to go. :thumbsup:

69Mach1
03-05-2009, 8:49 AM
I drive through L.A. several times a year. If you have a workbench with a mounted vise, we're good to go. :thumbsup:

Hmm. Define "serveral times a year". We might be able to make it happen, but my schedule is very bad. Also, PM me a price quote when you figure it out.

I have:
Romanian SAR1
Romanian WASR22
Hungarian SA85M
Egyptian Maadi RML

Maybe my Saiga's, but the front barrel shround will have to be removed first.
Thanks.

69Mach1
03-05-2009, 8:53 AM
One special service I also need. I have a Romanian SAR3 that I need the gas block pulled off and replaced with the Bulgarian gas block/front sight combo. The front sight has already been removed. It also has threads to ad a muzzle brake and I plan to add a Krinkov type fake FS barrel shroud to cover up the rest of the 16 in barrel. What are the chances you can acomplish that? I don't even know if the diameter of the barrel and the gas block is compatible.

69Mach1
03-05-2009, 8:58 AM
Oh, and one last thing. If you don't mind please post or PM me a pic of your work. By the way, what do you recommend to refinish the muzzle?

AaronHorrocks
03-05-2009, 9:37 AM
Upon next planned socal trip, I'll revisit this thread.

Once I thread some barrels up here, I'll post a photo of my work.

dvdpsycho
03-10-2009, 6:43 AM
Can you change out barrels? I have a AMD65 that I'm going to need to swap the cut barrel with a new AMD65 barrel.

B.D.Dubloon
03-10-2009, 8:10 AM
Will you do a Yugo or Chinese SKS? I am interested sometime in the future, but am super broke now:D

BDD

AaronHorrocks
03-26-2009, 11:38 AM
I believe so. I tried a Romanian one last weekend but the barrel was too thick to get the cutting die to "bite" into it. So I went ahead and ordered a new different die.

I thought that the Yugo already had a threaded barrel?