PDA

View Full Version : Problem shooting Kimber TLE II off hand

Viper49
03-05-2009, 8:08 AM
I need advice on shooting a 1911 equipped with flat main spring housing. I have been shooting 1911 for a long time now. All my 1911 have the normal MSH, then I got a Kimber TLE II equipped with a flat MSH. When I shoot this Kimber pistol with two hands, I am shoots two inches group just half inch off center at 25 yards. The real problem is when I try to shoot off hand at the same distant. I am shooting to the left about three to four inches off center. Is the pistol torque to the left because of the flat MSH or my hold is bad. I donít have this problem with my old Springfield. I will try to switch the MSH on the Kimber with my Springfield and see what happen. But anyone here has this problem? :confused:

USMC Tanker
03-05-2009, 11:19 AM
The MSH is yet another component of the 1911 pistol that can be adjusted for your personal comfort and performance.

IIRC the flat/arched MSH was designed to eliminate the problem of shooting low dependent on hand size. It's all a matter of preference.

If you shoot better with an arched MSH, swap it out.

gdr_11
03-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Sounds like an incompatibility problem between the grip and your hand. Solution is to sell the gun at a giveaway price to someone with a deformed hand....like me! :43:

Viper49
03-05-2009, 12:10 PM
gdr_11, that was a good one, plese take a number and wait in line, I am working on that one soon. LOL :D

USNHM242
03-05-2009, 7:16 PM
I agree dude, something is up with the grip

dilligaffrn
03-05-2009, 7:45 PM
I shoot 1911's better with the arched MSH too.

gdr_11
03-05-2009, 7:45 PM
On the serious side, I have not shot any flat spring 1911s, but I owned a SIG 220 once that I was only able to get one shot out of 8 on the paper at 25 yds. No matter how I tried adjusting my hold, the grip simply did not allow me to obtain any kind of accuracy. It wasn't the gun or me, just the fit of the gun in my hand. I sold it and have been happy ever since!

Max-the-Silent
03-06-2009, 5:16 AM
I need advice on shooting a 1911 equipped with flat main spring housing. I have been shooting 1911 for a long time now. All my 1911 have the normal MSH, then I got a Kimber TLE II equipped with a flat MSH. When I shoot this Kimber pistol with two hands, I am shoots two inches group just half inch off center at 25 yards. The real problem is when I try to shoot off hand at the same distant. I am shooting to the left about three to four inches off center. Is the pistol torque to the left because of the flat MSH or my hold is bad. I donít have this problem with my old Springfield. I will try to switch the MSH on the Kimber with my Springfield and see what happen. But anyone here has this problem? :confused:

Swap out the flat MSH for an arched unit and make the comparo.

Viper49
03-06-2009, 6:24 AM
Thanks for all the comments, Work is in progress to change out the flat MSH. Hope this will help. :thumbsup: