PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara gun shop robbed last monday

smittty
03-04-2009, 6:21 PM
I was there today and their display case is nearly empty. The thieves took all the semi auto handguns in the display case and left the revolvers.

http://www.keyt.com/home/ticker/40752592.html

Black_Talon
03-04-2009, 6:34 PM
I don't know where the cutsie emoticon is, so I'll have to wing it:

This thread is a dupe. At least two others have already been posted.

elrcastor
03-04-2009, 6:58 PM
I don't know where the cutsie emoticon is, so I'll have to wing it:

This thread is a dupe. At least two others have already been posted.

it's : dupe :

:dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe::dupe:

edw794
03-04-2009, 9:47 PM
not a robbery, but a burglary.

Maddog5150
03-05-2009, 12:02 AM
not a robbery, but a burglary.

Thank you! Not trying to be petty but I fricken HATE it when people put, "I was just robbed!!!!" then later put that they got home and thier **** was gone or like in this case "GUN STORE ROBBED!!!"
The reason is I quickly click in to see if anyone got hurt and everyone was ok from a violent force of stealing items of the person only to find out that there was no violence of forcing something from someones hand. No one was around to defend it.

bwiese
03-05-2009, 12:29 AM
I was there today and their display case is nearly empty. The thieves took all the semi auto handguns in the display case and left the revolvers.

OK, so Ivan and Bill can get the wheelguns and finish the job correctly ;)

Sam
03-05-2009, 2:50 AM
Thank you! Not trying to be petty but I fricken HATE it when people put, "I was just robbed!!!!" then later put that they got home and thier **** was gone or like in this case "GUN STORE ROBBED!!!"
The reason is I quickly click in to see if anyone got hurt and everyone was ok from a violent force of stealing items of the person only to find out that there was no violence of forcing something from someones hand. No one was around to defend it.

right,

robbery=taking something through force
burglary=entering property with the intent to commit a felony

smittty
03-05-2009, 8:23 AM
Every news article I read used the word robbery. I didn't think there was difference so I just looked up the two words.

Robbery is the crime of seizing property through violence or intimidation.
Burglary is the crime of breaking and entering into a structure for the purpose of committing a crime...and some definitions say at night.

So if I understand this correctly the burgler must first break and enter before he can committ a crime through violence or intimidation!

It's all clear to me now.

code33
03-05-2009, 9:23 AM
Almost...
In CA, you don't need to "break and enter" a structure for burglary (459 PC) to occur. All the suspect has to do is enter the premises w/ intent to commit a felony.

Every news article I read used the word robbery. I didn't think there was difference so I just looked up the two words.

Robbery is the crime of seizing property through violence or intimidation.
Burglary is the crime of breaking and entering into a structure for the purpose of committing a crime...and some definitions say at night.

So if I understand this correctly the burgler must first break and enter before he can committ a crime through violence or intimidation!

It's all clear to me now.

tempdrummer
03-05-2009, 9:27 AM
In soviet russia road forks you.

SONYEXEC
03-05-2009, 12:23 PM
yes, legal terminology should be a required course during all 4 years of high school :laugh::laugh::laugh:

JMZ
03-05-2009, 12:32 PM
is this the place that is/ was for sale?

MudCamper
03-05-2009, 5:41 PM

No. That would be 2 crimes, both burglary and robbery.

If a victim is present, it ain't burglary anymore. Robbery is an act of violence against a person. Burglary is a property crime. HUGE difference.

Think of it this way. If there were a robbery at a gun store, the likely result would be a gun fight. If there were a burglary at a gun store the likely result would be an alarm sounding.