PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Sports!!!!!

tazmanian devil dog
03-04-2009, 3:16 PM
Just bought a New Model Glock 22 from Zack at Canyon Sports. He was actually cool to deal with this time around. Not sure what the deal is. I haven't seen any pigs fly yet. Anyway, cool deal. By new model glock 22, I mean the one with the new stippling on the grip and the new slide serrations. Can't wait to pick it up.

Wicked K5
03-04-2009, 3:21 PM
Nice, an RTF:cool2:. Congrats. I got a 23 on Monday. Comes home on the 12th.

Saigon1965
03-04-2009, 3:21 PM
Perhaps it was the rain that the pigs are being grounded - Good to hear Canyon Sports doing right things -

sammy
03-04-2009, 5:44 PM
I do like hearing encouraging things about local shops. I have been in there a number of times but walk away dissapointed 90% of the time. I hope they do improve because I would would not minding putting my money in a local gun store again.

nikki#2
03-04-2009, 7:39 PM
I'm guessing Zack is the big, loud guy??

I've only been to Canyon a couple of times and was impressed by their inventory, but not so much with their pricing. They had a few Glocks under the glass.
Then there was this big, loud guy behind the counter... Either you 'like him' or 'hate him', kinda guy.

dexter9659
03-04-2009, 8:55 PM
Then there was this big, loud guy behind the counter... Either you 'like him' or 'hate him', kinda guy.

Yes, That would be Zack.

dilligaffrn
03-04-2009, 9:01 PM
Zack is an AZZ, Ron (the owner) is the only guy worth a chit in that store.

IMHO
YMMV

chiz
03-04-2009, 9:15 PM
their prices are kinda high but they always have full cases and still sell lots of guns. most of the guns i bought there i bought from zack and never had a problem but I've seen the way he acts with other people. when i go in there i usually know what i want and dont stand in front of the case for half an hour.

sv_1
03-05-2009, 7:41 AM
Congrats on the new gun. He is an interesting feller...

After my last trip there, I decided to never go back. A guy came in and asked for "7.62 ammo". Instead of asking which gun he was shooting, the guy behind the counter went on a tirade about how many different 7.62 rounds there were. The guy got on the phone to ask his buddy while the employee kept ranting... I finally just asked him myself to try to help him avoid further embarrasment.

How do shops who treat people like garbage stay around?

WokMaster1
03-05-2009, 8:01 AM
Just bought a New Model Glock 22 from Zack at Canyon Sports. He was actually cool to deal with this time around. Not sure what the deal is. I haven't seen any pigs fly yet. Anyway, cool deal. By new model glock 22, I mean the one with the new stippling on the grip and the new slide serrations. Can't wait to pick it up.

Taz, how much was the G22?

Here's the thing about CS. I always do my homework after watching how different folks get different treatment. Know what his competitors charge, the model you want & be ready to buy if you get the price you ask for.

Look at all the ranting as entertainment, just like watching an Italian soap opera. Oh, if their price is too high, don't complain. Just come back a month later. If it's still there, remind him & tell him that if he needs to get rid of it, to call you.

I have gotten many good deals from them before.

Mickey D
03-05-2009, 9:50 PM
The owner, Ron Kennedy and the tall gentleman with the white/grey hair are real cool to talk and deal with. Zach has improved, at least with me.
Enough said.

spddrcr
03-06-2009, 1:38 AM
Ive bought a few guns from canyon and only because there close to home. the one thing that really bugs me about zack is his bait and switch tactics. on several occasions i have asked him if they had a certain model and if they dont have it in stock his reply is "it's not on the list, this is what you really want":confused:

the one time i called him on it was over a rock island armory 1911. he said it wasnt on the list and after i told him it was and for him to check the list he told me their internet wasnt working:rolleyes: he then tried to sell me various other 1911's they had in stock.

sammy
03-06-2009, 6:36 AM
Ive bought a few guns from canyon and only because there close to home. the one thing that really bugs me about zack is his bait and switch tactics. on several occasions i have asked him if they had a certain model and if they dont have it in stock his reply is "it's not on the list, this is what you really want":confused:

the one time i called him on it was over a rock island armory 1911. he said it wasnt on the list and after i told him it was and for him to check the list he told me their internet wasnt working:rolleyes: he then tried to sell me various other 1911's they had in stock.

That is a common sales tactic with Zach. That and "well they brought them in with high-caps and we had to send them back" B.S. He does not seem to know gun owners for the most part know what they want and know when they are being lied to.

torsf
03-06-2009, 7:34 AM
Good to hear you had a good experience - I was in there last week and zach wasn't that bad. I only purchased some supplies, and then my eyes bugged out of my head at the $1800 Century arms 20'' A2 AR-15.

tazmanian devil dog
03-09-2009, 2:00 PM
Taz, how much was the G22?

Here's the thing about CS. I always do my homework after watching how different folks get different treatment. Know what his competitors charge, the model you want & be ready to buy if you get the price you ask for.

Look at all the ranting as entertainment, just like watching an Italian soap opera. Oh, if their price is too high, don't complain. Just come back a month later. If it's still there, remind him & tell him that if he needs to get rid of it, to call you.

I have gotten many good deals from them before.

I got it for 649.00 out the door.