PDA

View Full Version : Calguns booth for Del Mar?

Can'thavenuthingood
03-04-2009, 10:57 AM
I haven't seen anything on the Calguns booth for Del Mar yet, did I miss it?
21 Mar 09?

I need to have Polo shirt sizes for the Volunteers working the booth, both male and female. I need time to get them delivered to me and then embroidered for the show.

Who's working the Booth for Calguns?

bplvr is the San Diego are Co-ordinator, we had 16 people for the Cow Palace show and I think a few more jumped in to lend a hand. I know I owe Mrs. wildhawker a Polo yet, I didn't think she was going so I didn't get to order the female polo counterpart.

Some of the guys from the San Diego Open Carry demo last weekend are going to be there I think.

Step and be part of something bigger than all of us.

Vick

bplvr
03-05-2009, 2:14 PM
bump If you want to help out please send me a private message and we can discuss the shift you want to volunteer.
Thanks in advance.

grammaton76
03-05-2009, 2:22 PM
I'll be there at the show, but as usual I will be working the CWS booth. On the other hand, I'll make a point of sending folks in the Calguns direction. :)

USN CHIEF
03-05-2009, 2:22 PM
Come on San Diego Cal Gunners. This would be a great opportunity to get more people to join Cal Guns and to inform them of where to go to get up to the minute CA Gun Laws instead of them getting them from the Gun Stores. I will be there and hope that many of you will volunteer for this great cause.

Please PM bplvr and let him know that you would like to Volunteer.

Can'thavenuthingood
03-05-2009, 8:42 PM
I'm ordering the Polo shirts Friday morning. All you Calgunners planning to Volunteer to contribute a few hours of your time to the cause make sure bplvr gets your shirt size.

They seem to run true to size so no concerns about may or may not fit. These are Jonathan Corey's embroidered with the CALGUNS.NET on the front.

Women will have the counterpart model also in Royal Blue.https://www.missionimprintables.com/images/mi/jonathancorey200_m.jpg
Jonathan Corey® Pima Cotton Pique Sport Shirts 100% Pima cotton 6.8 ounce pique knit sport shirt. Tailored from the finest handpicked Pima cotton from the Southwestern United States for a soft and beautiful drape. Welt collar and cuffs. Single-needle safety stitched seam and armholes. Side vents.

Only way to add one of these to your wardrobe is by working the CGN booth at an event.
I don't even have one yet:(
Not until Fresno show before I can man a booth.

Any of those Calgunners walking the streets with holstered weapons last weekend going to volunteer?

Vick

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm ordering the Polo shirts Friday morning. All you Calgunners planning to Volunteer to contribute a few hours of your time to the cause make sure bplvr gets your shirt size.

They seem to run true to size so no concerns about may or may not fit. These are Jonathan Corey's embroidered with the CALGUNS.NET on the front.

Women will have the counterpart model also in Royal Blue.

Only way to add one of these to your wardrobe is by working the CGN booth at an event.
I don't even have one yet:(
Not until Fresno show before I can man a booth.

Any of those Calgunners walking the streets with holstered weapons last weekend going to volunteer?

Vick

:eek: Wholy Smokes, did not know that you would get a especial CGNS shirt.

So anymore takers out there? Don't be shy and roger up folks.:D

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-06-2009, 7:14 AM
What do we need to do at the booth?

and would this mean free parking and admission?

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 8:10 AM
Pretty much just stand around and look pretty it seems:p

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/wildhawker/IMG_1561Large.jpg

This was last weekend at Cow Palace, they had a good time.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=150503&page=11

The thread about the show, go back a few posts from this picture
go to post #110

Hand out pamphlets and talk to people about Calguns.net.
Don't get into an argument with folks and know enough to say "I don't know"

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 8:16 AM
What do we need to do at the booth?

and would this mean free parking and admission?

Well if you can yourself there and in the booth you get a Polo shirt to keep.

Vick

CmpsdNoMore
03-06-2009, 9:32 AM
Sorry, but I'm not gonna be able to make it to this one. :(

bplvr
03-06-2009, 10:53 AM
BUMP / BUMP

PolishMike
03-06-2009, 11:10 AM
I talked to you last night bplvr -

I'm still in for a shift - Just looked and I have the 21st off. Sign me up for a shift that day.

Polo size - Smallest you have ;)

Mario - You working the show?

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Anybody working the booth on Sunday?

Vick

ENTHUSIAST
03-06-2009, 11:29 AM
I am gonna be here Sun 12-close Chief you better be there!!! We have an especial shirt for you if you dont make it down! :43:

FREE shirt for FLAKERS (http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc57/ikeepitmoving/agayshirt.jpg?t=1236370725)

I have already talked to canthavenuthin and bplvr you get a FREE pass but have to kick in for parking.

I can carpool up to 3 ppl and I can usually get free parking (I got a friend on the inside of the Del Mar Fairgrounds!) ;)

Also canthavenuthin:

I know you said that there are ONLY 2 badges and we would have to pass the baton to the next guy on shift but...

Why not have the guy w/ badge go to parking lot to exchage badges but get his hand stamped on the way out, then we can get everyone in FREE!!!

Just remember to get a hand stamp BEFORE the hand off!!!! :D

Whatta ya think guys???

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Also canthavenuthin:

I know you said that there are ONLY 2 badges and we would have to pass the baton to the next guy on shift but...

Why not have the guy w/ badge go to parking lot to exchage badges but get his hand stamped on the way out, then we can get everyone in FREE!!!

Just remember to get a hand stamp BEFORE the hand off!!!! :D

Whatta ya think guys???

I'm not so sure that Crossroads would approve of this, if it turns into a perceived "get folks in free" scam.

bplvr
03-06-2009, 1:33 PM
I'm not so sure that Crossroads would approve of this, if it turns into a perceived "get folks in free" scam.

That's sort of the plan. Sort of a relay race as in a track meet.
but you can't get stamped and come back in . Not kosher.
I had already gotten this OK'D by Jackie @ x-roads.
- bplvr Cal Guns San Diego "Community Organizer"

bplvr
03-06-2009, 1:47 PM
I talked to you last night bplvr -

I'm still in for a shift - Just looked and I have the 21st off. Sign me up for a shift that day.

Polo size - Smallest you have ;)

Ok Polish Mike you are in for the 8-1 shift on Saturday. Also on Sat;
8-5 bplvr ..........................Sun; 8-5 bplvr
8-5 TMuller...............................8-
8-5 US Navy Chief .....................8-
8-1 Polish Mike / 1-5 ? ...............8- ..... / 1-5 Enthusiast

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 2:11 PM
8-5 TMuller...............................8-
8-5 US Navy Chief .....................8-
8-1 Polish Mike / 1-5 ? ...............8- ..... / 1-5 Enthusiast

So there are 4 people working Saturday and 2 on Sunday?

That's 5 Polo shirts is that correct?

Vick

DVLDOC
03-06-2009, 2:37 PM
PM SENT to bplvr

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 2:50 PM

Yes Mike, in case you have not figured it out yet you freak.:D

I would do both days but my wife told me no because the 22nd is my Birthday..:D

bplvr
03-06-2009, 3:01 PM
Both Polish Mike and US Navy chief will be working on Saturday.
There ,I put it in writing. Let us hope that we can all just get along .
NO food fights on my watch. :grouphug:

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 3:04 PM
Both Polish Mike and US Navy chief will be working on Saturday.
There ,I put it in writing. Let us hope that we can all just get along .
NO food fights on my watch. :grouphug:

You don't have to worry about anything, I love that kid like a bastard child.:D:thumbsup:

GuyW
03-06-2009, 3:08 PM
Kool - this is the booth that'll be handing out Jay LaSuer for Sheriff materials, yes?

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 3:11 PM
Kool - this is the booth that'll be handing out Jay LaSuer for Sheriff materials, yes?

Has there been any formal consensus on JLS? I seem to recall most of the CGF guys stated that JLS is a negative candidate actually.

GuyW
03-06-2009, 3:15 PM
Has there been any formal consensus on JLS? I seem to recall most of the CGF guys stated that JLS is a negative candidate actually.

So you're saying I need to rent a booth to educate SD gunowners that CGF opposes their best chance at electing a pro-gun Sheriff and protecting their families with a CCW??

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 3:20 PM
So you're saying I need to rent a booth to educate SD gunowners that CGF opposes their best chance at electing a pro-gun Sheriff and protecting their families with a CCW??

If you wish to discuss things, I'd recommend doing so at the link below. I'm not sure if "Calguns" should be said to support JLS. I have nothing against Calguns members supporting whoever they wish as if there is a unanimous consensus. I personally would not feel comfortable with claiming that "all of the NRA backs thegunwiki.com" or something like that, for instance.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=2073057#post2073057

I will say that I am personally not sure of which way I would prefer to vote in that election, as both pro and con do have good points.

pullnshoot25
03-06-2009, 3:23 PM
What shift can I take?

Sorry I haven't called back yet bplvr.

Also, do we get in for free or do we have to pay?

bplvr
03-06-2009, 3:25 PM
8-5 TMuller...............................8- 1 DVLDOC 1-5 Enthusiast
8-5 USN Chief
8-1 Polish Mike / 1-5 ? ...............

Added DVLDOC to Sunday size 2XLRG

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 3:26 PM
The Calguns booth is to promote Calguns.net and Calguns Foundation, nothing more.

Any political electioneering must be done elsewhere.

Vick

bplvr
03-06-2009, 3:32 PM
What shift can I take?

Sorry I haven't called back yet bplvr.

Also, do we get in for free or do we have to pay?

The 2 passes that we get have been spoken for .........
BUT you get a FREE {includes shipping } Limited Edition 100% all pre-shrunk cotton BLUE Polo Shirt with the CGN logo .Sure to be a collectors item . {They could also be used at Best Buy or Wal-Mart to get "employee discounts" ,but you are on your own in that area. :eek: }

I still need someone to do a full shift on Sunday , Wanna hang out with a bunch of gunnies ?

grammaton76
03-06-2009, 3:35 PM
BTW, I will state that if you are going to go both days and work at the booth both days, go to the north side gate instead of the front and ask for exhibitor parking. You'll pay $1 more but your pass is good for both days with full in/out privileges.

bplvr
03-06-2009, 3:40 PM
The Calguns booth is to promote Calguns.net and Calguns Foundation, nothing more.

Any political electioneering must be done elsewhere.

Vick

I concur with this. No offense ,but we can't have other issues at the booth.Where would we draw the line ? Sorry.
Maybe Jay will want to get a booth at the show.

pnkssbtz
03-06-2009, 3:43 PM
I have about 1,000 more of the 3-Panel Tri-Fold Brochures that were used for the COW palace show...

I'm glad I saved the overs ^_^

pullnshoot25
03-06-2009, 4:29 PM
The 2 passes that we get have been spoken for .........
BUT you get a FREE {includes shipping } Limited Edition 100% all pre-shrunk cotton BLUE Polo Shirt with the CGN logo .Sure to be a collectors item . {They could also be used at Best Buy or Wal-Mart to get "employee discounts" ,but you are on your own in that area. :eek: }

I still need someone to do a full shift on Sunday , Wanna hang out with a bunch of gunnies ?

Yeah, why not? Put me down for it.

bplvr
03-06-2009, 5:14 PM
Yeah, why not? Put me down for it.

OK ....Your in ! Hey maybe can you get Mollie to join us ? :thumbsup:

Trapper
03-06-2009, 6:15 PM
We spoke this evening, and I will be available from 8am-1pm on Sunday

cyphr02
03-06-2009, 6:27 PM
Talked to bplvr, I'll be there 1-5 on saturday

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 8:33 PM
I have about 1,000 more of the 3-Panel Tri-Fold Brochures that were used for the COW palace show...

I'm glad I saved the overs ^_^

You have brochures left from the Cow Palace print?

Vick

pullnshoot25
03-06-2009, 8:50 PM
OK ....Your in ! Hey maybe can you get Mollie to join us ? :thumbsup:

I'll try :)

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 8:56 PM
So I count 9 Calgunners as scheduled for the booth is that correct?

bplvr 16 hours Sat & Sun
t muller 8 hours Sat
Chief 8 hours Sat
Polish Mike 4 hours Sat
Cypher 4 hours Sat

Pull n shoot 8 hours Sun
DVL DOC 4 hours Sun
Enthusiast 4 hours Sun
Trapper 4 hours Sun

With the booth manned up now, is there someone available for spelling the Volunteers for restroom breaks, fresh air or coffee break?
Someone to chase after a cup of coffee or bottle of water?

It can and will most likely get real busy if the last Del Mar show is any indication. Those guys at the Cow Palace booth were busy all day long with a steady stream.
Talking about the OLL's, Shall Issue, the women wanting to know where to start to get into shooting. So some basic knowledge for a beginner to start
with a gun, rifle or BB gun is good to refresh.

Look at the forums and all the seemingly same old questions we get asked time and again will probably present themselves to you yet again. It may be an old question to us but to the new person trying to get into the shooting sports or defense minded its an entirely new thought.

The youngsters and teens will be looking at you as will most every vendor with questions of 'Whats this Calguns.net stuff about'

What are you going to tell them?

Maybe some of the guys who were at the Cow Palace booth can chime in with some tips before you go forth and conquer the southland.

It'll be a hoot.

Vick

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 8:58 PM
Hey, I just realized Enthusiast is going to get another free shirt this month.

Vick

pullnshoot25
03-06-2009, 10:04 PM
So I count 9 Calgunners as scheduled for the booth is that correct?

bplvr 16 hours Sat & Sun
t muller 8 hours Sat
Chief 8 hours Sat
Polish Mike 4 hours Sat
Cypher 4 hours Sat

Pull n shoot 8 hours Sun
DVL DOC 4 hours Sun
Enthusiast 4 hours Sun
Trapper 4 hours Sun

With the booth manned up now, is there someone available for spelling the Volunteers for restroom breaks, fresh air or coffee break?
Someone to chase after a cup of coffee or bottle of water?

It can and will most likely get real busy if the last Del Mar show is any indication. Those guys at the Cow Palace booth were busy all day long with a steady stream.
Talking about the OLL's, Shall Issue, the women wanting to know where to start to get into shooting. So some basic knowledge for a beginner to start
with a gun, rifle or BB gun is good to refresh.

Look at the forums and all the seemingly same old questions we get asked time and again will probably present themselves to you yet again. It may be an old question to us but to the new person trying to get into the shooting sports or defense minded its an entirely new thought.

The youngsters and teens will be looking at you as will most every vendor with questions of 'Whats this Calguns.net stuff about'

What are you going to tell them?

Maybe some of the guys who were at the Cow Palace booth can chime in with some tips before you go forth and conquer the southland.

It'll be a hoot.

Vick

Well, most of my schpeal can be covered with open carry, laws concerning open carry, shall issue CCW, rules regarding buying/selling and all that stuff (major duh stuff pretty much). I know most of the OLL stuff (might need a little coaching) and I am good with explaining what Calguns.net is.

This sounds like it is going to be fun. We will have a little bit of time to shop, right? My gun needs accessorizing ;)

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, most of my schpeal can be covered with open carry, laws concerning open carry, shall issue CCW, rules regarding buying/selling and all that stuff (major duh stuff pretty much). I know most of the OLL stuff (might need a little coaching) and I am good with explaining what Calguns.net is.

This sounds like it is going to be fun. We will have a little bit of time to shop, right? My gun needs accessorizing ;)

Yes I forgot to add another reason to have someone spell the Volunteers is so they can run their ammo laden handcarts to their trucks.
I'd get there early and buy my ammo and use it as a table or something until I left.

I don't think its necessary to be expert on anything, just be able to say "I don't know". Better not knowing than putting out incorrect information which could injure someone.

Its supposed to be fun.

Vick

pullnshoot25
03-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Yes I forgot to add another reason to have someone spell the Volunteers is so they can run their ammo laden handcarts to their trucks.
I'd get there early and buy my ammo and use it as a table or something until I left.

I don't think its necessary to be expert on anything, just be able to say "I don't know". Better not knowing than putting out incorrect information which could injure someone.

Its supposed to be fun.

Vick

WOO HOO!

Sending off a message to Mollie! Cross your fingers!

PolishMike
03-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Whats the rule on bringing firearms? Unloaded, right?

Should I bring an BB AR? AK?

Can'thavenuthingood
03-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Ivan or someone brought theirs to the Cow Palace for demo's etc. Check the CP thread out and see what they decided. Pictures show rifles.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=150503

Vick

pullnshoot25
03-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Whats the rule on bringing firearms? Unloaded, right?

Fark yeah, just don't have the ammo for the gun on your person.

wildhawker
03-06-2009, 11:57 PM
We had a mix of 1 U15, 1 or 2 MMG and BB builds as well as a .22. Take a single point sling with and stand in the aisle- greet folks and smile, they'll want to ask questions; some will need you to ask for them, then answer in a friendly, patient manner.

People behind the booth (1, sometimes 2) will most likely handle the merchandise and cash/donations when it gets busy- put your best faces forward and mix with the showgoers. Avoid conversing with each other in a group, and don't turn your backs to the show/audience- you are presenting a message and selling an image, and people want to see faces and connect, not watch others connect or look at your back. If nothing else, include them in your discussion of 2A or hardware or whatever you are talking about and explain it if need be.

Know the strengths and weaknesses of your fellow volunteers and don't hesitate to ask for help or offer it where needed. Your audience will appreciate a respectful "handoff" especially if you communicate that a more-knowledgeable person will take care of them and they're not just getting brushed off.

Be prepared to say the same thing 5,000 times for hours and smile every time. Take lots of water and maybe some throat spray.

It is really extraordinarily fun and rewarding, but make no mistake- it's work.

I'll throw some more ideas out there tomorrow.

ENTHUSIAST
03-07-2009, 2:35 AM
Hey, I just realized Enthusiast is going to get another free shirt this month.

Vick

SWEET... I just realized someone is gonna be looking good while supporting 2A rights in style!!! :cool2:

Good point should I bring in a RADDLOCK key and maglocked AK and Bullet Button AR to demo for the OLL newcomers?

AR-22?

AR-Pistol?

Other evil toys to make the non-CGers approach our booth and ask "How is that LEGAL" as their jaws hit the floor...? :eek:

Bentot
03-07-2009, 4:29 AM
Would it be a good idea if you can sell (at cost) LAMINATED copies of the flowchart?

Can'thavenuthingood
03-07-2009, 7:23 AM
SWEET... I just realized someone is gonna be looking good while supporting 2A rights in style!!! :cool2:

Does that mean you are leaving the shower shoes at home?
Please say yes:)

Good point should I bring in a RADDLOCK key and maglocked AK and Bullet Button AR to demo for the OLL newcomers?

AR-22?

AR-Pistol?

Other evil toys to make the non-CGers approach our booth and ask "How is that LEGAL" as their jaws hit the floor...? :eek:

I would limit the weapons to one per Volunteer just for the fact that you cannot set one down somewhere and expect it to be there when you turn around. Someone will want it and someone will make the attempt to abscond with it.

Like wildhawker alluded to make sure you know every part and function of the weapon you are carrying as you will be tested, a blank stare at the questioner is not meaningful communication.

Its also a good chance to school each other on your firearms and uncover any complacency's that have crept into your gun handling techniques. We're human, it happens to all of us.

Maybe a gun box and lock? Show folks what the politicians make us go through just to have a last line of defense to protect your/their own home and family?

Throat spray is a great idea vice lozenges.

Vick

ENTHUSIAST
03-08-2009, 3:54 AM
Does that mean you are leaving the shower shoes at home?
Please say yes :)

Hey for San Diego that is considered formal going out on the town footwear! :p

I guess you Norcal guys got a different since of style huh... ;)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=160576

Anyways.. BUMP FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!! :D

Can'thavenuthingood
03-08-2009, 8:22 AM
Hey for San Diego that is considered formal going out on the town footwear! :p

I guess you Norcal guys got a different since of style huh... ;)
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=160576

Anyways.. BUMP FOR A GOOD CAUSE!!! :D

Well, theres always that 10%:)

Vick

pullnshoot25
03-08-2009, 9:02 AM
Still working on Mollie...

Can'thavenuthingood
03-08-2009, 9:26 AM
Still working on Mollie...

Who's Mollie?
Is she going to work the booth?
If so what size shirt?

Vick

xibunkrlilkidsx
03-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Pmed you bpl.. i could probably work sunday. i may have plans with the gf saturday. its her 21st bday..but im not 21 i fail...if its to late to get a shirt its not a problem, i can dig up a shirt.

i can bring my rem700 and tacti cool ruger 10/22

bplvr
03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Who's Mollie?
Is she going to work the booth?
If so what size shirt?

Vick

Mollie is one of a few ladies who can look Smokin' HOT ! in a winter jacket shooting outside in the snow. Real beauty has no boundries.

grammaton76
03-08-2009, 2:37 PM
Del Mar... Sundays are generally DEAD from the sales perspective, and from the crowds perspective of the Calguns booth it will probably be relaxed. I would advise if you want to meet up with and BS with the Calgunners, then do so on Sunday when it won't interfere much with walk-up traffic.

However, the Sat morning guys will actually get a decent run of the show. Other Calguns booth operators are unlikely to get much selection on ammo, uppers, etc. Saturday morning guys will get 15-30m of browse time with the vendors before the show opens, when vendors will typically sell to other exhibitors. Expect things to be packed for a while.

If temperatures are going to be decently high, BRING A STANDING FAN - it is not optional. It's a real lifesaver in the poorly-ventilated Del Mar buildings. Also bring a light jacket, as it is frequently cold before the show starts up. Talk to the show folks and find out if you'll have power. If you will, bring an extension cord because you may not have power NEARBY.

And the best thing ever is if someone brings in one of those few-gallon coolers full of either water or lemonade. You WILL talk your throat hoarse explaining CA law, I know I do every Saturday and then get to repeat the adventure on Sunday.

pullnshoot25
03-08-2009, 5:33 PM
Mollie is one of a few ladies who can look Smokin' HOT ! in a winter jacket shooting outside in the snow. Real beauty has no boundries.

OOOH yeah.
http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r369/calgunfun2/girls%20and%20guns/mollie1.jpg

Can'thavenuthingood
03-08-2009, 7:43 PM
bplvr,
Check your list of Volunteers and shirt sizes.
I need to double check Volunteers to shirts.

I have ordered the first batch last Friday but I need to put in a few more I think.

Post or PM me.

Thanks,

Vick

The Nomadd
03-08-2009, 9:52 PM
Me and Kyla would be interested in volunteering for the booth on Saturday, for a while.. I'm not Perry Mason, when it comes to talking about relevant gun laws, but I can had out materials with the best of them.

Can'thavenuthingood
03-12-2009, 2:30 PM
Me and Kyla would be interested in volunteering for the booth on Saturday, for a while.. I'm not Perry Mason, when it comes to talking about relevant gun laws, but I can had out materials with the best of them.

I think bplvr has the schedule filled for Saturday, seems most want to or need to work the booth Sat instead of Sunday.

That being said stop by the booth and say Hi. Don't need to be a Perry Mason to be personable and speak with folks about Calguns and some of the political antics going on in Sacramento. Like the CP booth many of the Calgunners came by and helped by answering some questions from the show goers.

Should be a good turnout again. The Cow Palace booth was a success and we are expecting nothing less from the Del Mar crowd.

Vick

ENTHUSIAST
03-21-2009, 4:39 AM
Bump for who is gonna be there sat i might have to stop by and say hi...

Diablo
03-21-2009, 7:17 AM
Awesome. Good luck guys. This is a great opportunity to get more people involved and for motivational purposes.....I hope Mollie makes it...:jump: