PDA

View Full Version : ruger lcp

jamesob
03-04-2009, 9:42 AM
i have a chance to buy a ruger lcp from a friend and know very little about the gun, and i want your thoughts about it. it is new and has a laser sight and has the recall done on it. i can pick it up for 500.00 with the laser, should i get it?

hawk1
03-04-2009, 9:45 AM
Small cartridge, but WTH, if you want one get it...:D

For a primary carry weapon you'd be better served with a larger caliber.

rrr70
03-04-2009, 9:46 AM
I would.:D

818gtiguy
03-04-2009, 9:49 AM
BUY IT!!! Then sell it to me!

will227457
03-04-2009, 10:08 AM
having fired the gun, I can tell you that due to the design and small size recoil is stiff and it is not plseant to shoot......but they are accurate, I say buy it...

BLC
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
You a cop? If not, delete this thread immediately. And buy it.

kar6man
03-04-2009, 1:00 PM
Why would he need to delete this thread? it's legal to buy and own.

jasilva
03-04-2009, 1:01 PM
You a cop? If not, delete this thread immediately. And buy it.

:fud:

Not illegal to own or buy/sell. Just can't buy one from a RETAILER if it's non roster.

BLC
03-04-2009, 3:42 PM
First of all I have no friggin idea what "fud"means :shrug:

Every one I have ever seen said LEO only. Pardon my ignorance but are you telling me I can buy whatever I want, anything, from a private party whether its on the approved list or not?

I thought if it was not on the list you couldnt have it and a FFL would not process the paperwork. I have heard of some provision that if it was gifted by a family member or something but wasnt aware you could buy.

So if I had a cop friend buy one then sell it to me thats legal? Please, educate me. The damn laws are so confusing and trying to read the actual code will surely give you a headache.

dasmi
03-04-2009, 3:50 PM
Private Party Transfers are exempt from the Safe Handgun Roster. So yes, if you are buying from a Private Party, you can buy whatever you want, even if it's not on the list. Buying from an FFL, even if the gun is used, it must be on the list.

BLC
03-04-2009, 3:55 PM
But a private party sale still has to go through a FFL. As long as you are not buying directly from the FFL and he is only doing the paperwork its OK?

dasmi
03-04-2009, 4:00 PM
Yes. If it is a private party transfer, face to face, it is exempt from the list. If you are buying from a private party, but then gun will be shipped, the list applies.

dasmi
03-04-2009, 4:01 PM
Also, "FUD" = "Fear, uncertainty, doubt"

BLC
03-04-2009, 5:23 PM
Thanks, that clears some stuff up and I did not know you could do that.

You need to be careful, at least a little, about what is posted on the internet and public forums these days. Thats all I was trying to convey to the OP, and I also said buy it. :) You may think I am a bit paranoid but I live by the rule better safe than sorry. Thats why I never respond to threads that begin "Lets see your ammo" and stuff like that. And did you ever notice the guys who start those threads never seem to show us theirs? I need to go refit my tinfoil hat now guys....

Oh, by the way, I only have 2 boxes of ammo and my guns were destroyed in a freak steamroller accident. :rolleyes:

kermit315
03-04-2009, 5:34 PM
damn steamrollers, get you every time.

I would buy the LCP, in fact, when I move in June, I am buying one as a bug for when I get to Florida.

sorensen440
03-04-2009, 5:39 PM
Private Party Transfers are exempt from the Safe Handgun Roster. So yes, if you are buying from a Private Party, you can buy whatever you want, even if it's not on the list. Buying from an FFL, even if the gun is used, it must be on the list.
This is correct

jamesob
03-04-2009, 6:21 PM
my buddy purchased it who is a leo and said he would sell it to me and he would pick up another.

jasilva
03-04-2009, 9:06 PM
my buddy purchased it who is a leo and said he would sell it to me and he would pick up another.

Good sort of friend to have.:thumbsup:

818gtiguy
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks, that clears some stuff up and I did not know you could do that.

You need to be careful, at least a little, about what is posted on the internet and public forums these days. Thats all I was trying to convey to the OP, and I also said buy it. :) You may think I am a bit paranoid but I live by the rule better safe than sorry. Thats why I never respond to threads that begin "Lets see your ammo" and stuff like that. And did you ever notice the guys who start those threads never seem to show us theirs? I need to go refit my tinfoil hat now guys....

Oh, by the way, I only have 2 boxes of ammo and my guns were destroyed in a freak steamroller accident. :rolleyes:

WELCOME TO CALGUNS!