PDA

View Full Version : Lost my gun to dealer?

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 9:25 AM
Ok I won an auction on Auction Arms. I contact an out of state dealer to help bring it in and an in state OLL friendly dealer.

Now that in state dealer has the pistol for sale. Same pistol and same pics from the auction that I won.

tgriffin
03-04-2009, 9:30 AM
Its not unusual for a dealer to have multiple firearms of the same type for sale using the same stock picture.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 9:31 AM
why use pictures of the auction that I won?

ZRX61
03-04-2009, 9:36 AM
So have you actually asked him where you gun is?

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 9:38 AM
Its obvious where it is at. I asked the out of state dealer to buy it. After not hearing back from him or his in state receiver I just gave up on it. So they now have the exact gun here for sale

hawk1
03-04-2009, 9:40 AM

Because he didn't want to haul out his camera, most likely with a dead battery, and take one of the same type he is selling...

Its obvious where it is at. I asked the out of state dealer to buy it. After not hearing back from him or his in state receiver I just gave up on it. So they now have the exact gun here for sale

Then we must assume you never paid for it, so it's not yours to worry about...

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 9:42 AM
That might be true just seems really odd that I contacted these guys about helping me bring it in. Maybe I should ask for the serial since I do have that.

Japsican
03-04-2009, 9:44 AM
Why dont you ask the in-state dealer about the gun now? They brought it into the state, so go get it! lol...:p

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 9:45 AM
Right three times what I won it for

caiman
03-04-2009, 9:46 AM
Doug, who has it the in-state or out-of-state? You cite both on the posts as having it.

Obviously a Plant
03-04-2009, 9:46 AM
If you contact one or both of the dealers you will probably get a more useful answer than here...
If you paid for a pistol you will likely get it,
If you didn't complete the transaction than it is not your pistol.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 9:50 AM
Right I didnt' pay for it, I asked them to handle the purchase as the out of state dealer was starting to be difficult.

Asking an out of state dealer to help you purchase a pistol then seeing in with their partner company here in CA just doesn't seem right

Japsican
03-04-2009, 9:53 AM
Doug, who has it the in-state or out-of-state? You cite both on the posts as having it.

He's saying he bid and won a pistol from a dealer out of state...he then contacted an in-state dealer to have it shipped to. But instead of getting the gun, the in-state dealer now has the pistol and has it relisted using the same pictures and everything as the out of state dealer did, but for a higher price.

will227457
03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
He's saying he bid and won a pistol from a dealer out of state...he then contacted an in-state dealer to have it shipped to. But instead of getting the gun, the in-state dealer now has the pistol and has it relisted using the same pictures and everything as the out of state dealer did, but for a higher price.

??????

the whole thing dosent make sense....

Who has the gun?

Did you pay for it?

if the instate dealer has the gun, and you paid everything you said you would go get your gun

if the out of state dealer has it, why ? did you pay him? if you did call him up and get some tracking info for the shipment.....

I don't understand the issue here......

Shane916
03-04-2009, 10:03 AM
??????

the whole thing dosent make sense....

Who has the gun?

Did you pay for it?

if the instate dealer has the gun, and you paid everything you said you would go get your gun

if the out of state dealer has it, why ? did you pay him? if you did call him up and get some tracking info for the shipment.....

I don't understand the issue here......

:iagree: I can't quite follow the whole ordeal.

DB2
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Right I didnt' pay for it, I asked them to handle the purchase as the out of state dealer was starting to be difficult.

Asking an out of state dealer to help you purchase a pistol then seeing in with their partner company here in CA just doesn't seem right

You did not pay for the gun. The dealer that bought the gun for you, now has it for sale? Is this correct?

If it is, then I guess you learned a lesson. Pay for your purchases personally next time. The dealer can do whatever he wants with it, since he payed for it. Dirty, yes but it was HIS money.

Douglas711
I won and auction

I contacted out of state friendly dealer to have them buy the gun. The person I won the auction from didn't want to deal with someone from CA. After a couple attempts I gave up on the out of state friendly dealer.

Then out of state friendly dealers in state receiver now has the same gun for sale or at least are the pics from the auction that I won

paintballergb
I get it. But I have no clue what you can do. Yeah you won it but if the dealer actually paid for it then I guess it is his.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 10:07 AM
No I agree he bought it. Dirty hell yes and that is my point

You did not pay for the gun. The dealer that bought the gun for you, now has it for sale? Is this correct?

If it is, then I guess you learned a lesson. Pay for your purchases personally next time. The dealer can do whatever he wants with it, since he payed for it. Dirty, yes but it was HIS money.

DB2
03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
No I agree he bought it. Dirty hell yes and that is my point

Name of dealer? This will give a heads up on the morals he practices.

Japsican
03-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah, there's nothing you can do about it. It sucks that the dealer did that, but you never paid for it, so it was never yours. You pointed a good deal out to the dealer and they swooped on it.:chris:

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, there's nothing you can do about it. It sucks that the dealer did that, but you never paid for it, so it was never yours. You pointed a good deal out to the dealer and they swooped on it.:chris:

I know I know

Japsican
03-04-2009, 10:13 AM
I know I know

You should definately let us know the dealer so we know how he deals.

paintballergb
03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Name of dealer? This will give a heads up on the morals he practices.

Yeah lets crucify that dealer.

Rogerbutthead
03-04-2009, 10:48 AM
After a couple attempts I gave up on the out of state friendly dealer.

Can you describe the "couple of attempts" at contacting the dealer and the time period involved between the dealer's purchase and his subsequent putting it up for sale?

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 10:51 AM
It was three or four emails to the dealer. This was around the first of the year. Its been a while but still wrong. No didn't pay for it. They were supposed to be helping me get the gun and they helped themselves to the gun

Can you describe the "couple of attempts" at contacting the dealer and the time period involved between the dealer's purchase and his subsequent putting it up for sale?

Vin496
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
This was one confusing *** thread.

I have never heard of a dealer buying a gun on behalf of a customer, that is just weird right there. Why did you do that?

B.D.Dubloon
03-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Doug, OUT THE DEALER!

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 11:52 AM
This was one confusing *** thread.

I have never heard of a dealer buying a gun on behalf of a customer, that is just weird right there. Why did you do that?

Some dealer will not sell to CA customers period. What is so hard to understand having someone purchase it then I pay them?

Stormfeather
03-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Simple way to bypass all this drama. . . .

1- If you see a auction you may be bidding on to win, contact CWS or Freakshow and inform them you will be having a firearm sent to them. They give you all pertinent info you need to give to seller.

2- Upon winning an auction, send the seller the money, (do not explain where you live, what you do for a living, how many cats you have, etc etc,) and the FFL info for CWS or Freakshow. Let them handle the logistics of it, you just supply the cash to make it happen.

3- Dros firearms when it gets into the state, and leave great feedback.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Simple way to bypass all this drama. . . .

1- If you see a auction you may be bidding on to win, contact CWS or Freakshow and inform them you will be having a firearm sent to them. They give you all pertinent info you need to give to seller.

2- Upon winning an auction, send the seller the money, (do not explain where you live, what you do for a living, how many cats you have, etc etc,) and the FFL info for CWS or Freakshow. Let them handle the logistics of it, you just supply the cash to make it happen.

3- Dros firearms when it gets into the state, and leave great feedback.

It was freakshow that I was going through.
I have learned my lesson about information. If you use a CC to pay for something you need to give your billing address, out of state billing address works great. Money orders work great as well

Monte
03-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Like most here, I'm a little confused about this whole thing. Why should the local dealer be "outed?" You sent a few emails back and forth, then you gave up on the weapon? Why shouldn't the dealer put it up for sale? And if this thread is any indication, your emails to the dealer may not have been very ... clear.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Local dealer info gone.

Like most here, I'm a little confused about this whole thing. Why should the local dealer be "outed?" You sent a few emails back and forth, then you gave up on the weapon? Why shouldn't the dealer put it up for sale? And if this thread is any indication, your emails to the dealer may not have been very ... clear.

TomV
03-04-2009, 1:01 PM
Why would the SELLER sent it ANYWHERE without receiving money ?

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 1:05 PM
Seller wouldn't sell it to me because I am in CA, CA billing address. I asked out of state dealer to buy it and I would pay them. I think I even offered to pay him before he bought it.

fairfaxjim
03-04-2009, 1:07 PM
After reading through this thread, I feel like I just took a stroll through the "Pointless Forest." Boring! :sleeping:

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 1:09 PM
boring enough to post

VeryCoolCat
03-04-2009, 1:13 PM
I'm going to say this ONE thing.

If you asked the dealer to buy the gun for you, then why didn't you keep in contact with the LOCAL dealer.

If an out of state dealer won't deal with you and you find another way.

They are probably going to charge you a fee and agree to it all before you do this. If they fudge the deal up you should complain.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 1:16 PM
Out of state dealer was difficult to get a hold of whenever I tried to call or email. I said I dropped it. I turned him onto a gun that he ended up buying because he wouldn't get back to me. Your right that does sound fair.

Lesson learned

G17GUY
03-04-2009, 1:49 PM
have you pmed freakshow and asked him to respond here? He probably has some lame excuse like the lpk thread.

Vin496
03-04-2009, 1:55 PM
Some dealer will not sell to CA customers period. What is so hard to understand having someone purchase it then I pay them?

What is hard to understand is that your original post was almost cryptic and lacked information. I'm not the only one who was/is having a hard time following you.

Basically what you did was turn someone else on to a gun and then allowed them to handle all the details without paying for it 1st.

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 1:57 PM
have you pmed freakshow and asked him to respond here? He probably has some lame excuse like the lpk thread.

I figured whats the point.

The whole point of this thread was the fact that I was getting assistance in obtaining a gun. Dealer was super slow to respond so I said forget it. Then his partner here in CA now has the gun. I say partner because he told me that is the only dealer in CA he would ship to

AlliedArmory
03-04-2009, 2:07 PM
if you didnt pay for it, it was never yours

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 2:09 PM
So never give a dealer info about a gun that you already won and auction on. It was my deal I was asking for help on

if you didnt pay for it, it was never yours

CALI-gula
03-04-2009, 2:10 PM
I won and auction

I contacted out of state friendly dealer to have them buy the gun. The person I won the auction from didn't want to deal with someone from CA. After a couple attempts I gave up on the out of state friendly dealer.

Then out of state friendly dealers in state receiver now has the same gun for sale or at least are the pics from the auction that I won

Not quite sure what you mean by "buy the gun" but it sounds like you lost out on the deal for not having paid somebody, or anybody, that would have made the gun yours in some way. Did you ever bestow any money upon the out-of-state friendly dealer, or on the in-state friendly dealer? If not, then there is very little in any part of this that makes the gun yours. You just gave them a good idea, nothing more, if you didn't belly up to the table. A payment would have solidified the deal. Cash has a funny way of doing just that.

It may not be fair what the in-state dealer is doing, but it sounds like somewhere, someone had genuine intentions of getting the gun to you, but you may not have been proactive enough to stay on top of being sure you were the end recipient.

Or, yes, it's possible you got the cold shoulder and were jilted. Sorry. :(

Blue
03-04-2009, 2:37 PM
Your first mistake was not paying for the gun yourself.

Rogerbutthead
03-04-2009, 2:46 PM
Over twenty years ago, I paid a gun dealer I met at the Santa Clara County Fair Gun Show to buy a HK VP70 from one of those "One Only" offers in Shotgun News.

The dealer liked it so much - when he received the pistol - he sent back my money and kept it for himself. (he was old then and probably dead by now)

The question is what are you willing to do about it? You could sue for specific performance and argue that you giving the auction info and authorizing the auction seller to send it to the out of state dealer was your "consideration" - but are you willing to fork out the legal fees to pursue this claim? Unlikely.

Just like me, when I see a HK VP70 - I get pissed off. And you will probably be pissed everytime you see a similar weapon to the one you lost.

DO NOT PLAY WITH THE WORD FILTERS

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 2:52 PM
Your first mistake was not paying for the gun yourself.

The guy I won the auction from would let me pay him once I gave him my billing address, CA. Yes I have learned my lesson since

Douglas711
03-04-2009, 2:52 PM
Over twenty years ago, I paid a gun dealer I met at the Santa Clara County Fair Gun Show to buy a HK VP70 from one of those "One Only" offers in Shotgun News.

The dealer liked it so much - when he received the pistol - he sent back my money and kept it for himself. (he was old then and probably dead by now)

The question is what are you willing to do about it? You could sue for specific performance and argue that you giving the auction info and authorizing the auction seller to send it to the out of state dealer was your "consideration" - but are you willing to fork out the legal fees to pursue this claim? Unlikely.

Just like me, when I see a HK VP70 - I get pissed off. And you will probably be pissed everytime you see a similar weapon to the one you lost.

Sometimes better deals turn up!!!!!!

AKman
03-04-2009, 3:11 PM
I won and auction

After reading your posts in this thread, I can only imagine that you had the dealers completely confused. Your former English teachers are spinning in their graves.

Kid Stanislaus
03-04-2009, 4:11 PM
It was three or four emails to the dealer. This was around the first of the year. Its been a while but still wrong. No didn't pay for it. They were supposed to be helping me get the gun and they helped themselves to the gun

Well Doug, what you have here is commonly known as a "learning experience" and I hope you've learned something from it.

dac41
03-04-2009, 5:01 PM
Why would you complicate things so much?

Most dealers I have known are that way, they get insanely jealous if you find a better price than they can offer and act like children. I had a guy steal my 2nd glock magazine from me because he saw the price I got it for and figured I would not be getting such a great deal, after all.

bplvr
03-04-2009, 5:20 PM
You think this is bad .....there is a dealer here in Calif. who charges $300.00
to do a transfer of an OLL AR.

Voo
03-04-2009, 5:37 PM
man..what was the point of this whole thread??

1) he's upset with the In State FFL?
2) he's upset wtih the Out of State FFL?
3) he's upset with the Seller?
4) he's upset at himself, because upon re-reading this thread, he's just as confused as the rest of us?

i kiddd i kidd..

Sam
03-04-2009, 5:53 PM
After reading your posts in this thread, I can only imagine that you had the dealers completely confused. Your former English teachers are spinning in their graves.

I agree, I had to read this sentence about 5 times before I understood what was being said:

You seem to shorthand your writing to the point that people are left confused, I really think you just confused the dealers.

biglou
03-04-2009, 5:57 PM
This is worse than going to the Dentist. I thought the only way you could win an auction was by paying for it. I asked the gun dealer at Tracy Gun Supply about receiving a gun from out of state. He replied "Why wouldn't you buy one here and support your local dealer." When I told him the price he nodded his head and said no problem.

Nodda Duma
03-04-2009, 6:10 PM
Holy crap this is worse than talking to some of the physicists at work.

-Jason

hawk1
03-04-2009, 6:13 PM
I figured whats the point.

The whole point of this thread was the fact that I was getting assistance in obtaining a gun. Dealer was super slow to respond so I said forget it. Then his partner here in CA now has the gun. I say partner because he told me that is the only dealer in CA he would ship to

Freakshow doesn't have a 'partner' out here in California and ships to many dealers here.

After reading this thread to the last post, why do I now have an urge to go clean a loaded weapon?....:eek:

EBR Works
03-04-2009, 6:26 PM
After reading this thread to the last post, why do I now have an urge to go clean a loaded weapon?....:eek:

:rofl2:

ZRX61
03-04-2009, 6:53 PM
Holy crap this is worse than talking to some of the physicists at work.

-Jason
Genuine LOL, moment :)

FEDUPWBS
03-04-2009, 7:50 PM
WTF is this thread about?

oldschool88
03-04-2009, 7:51 PM
You think this is bad .....there is a dealer here in Calif. who charges $300.00
to do a transfer of an OLL AR.

Ouch...Who?

tenpercentfirearms
03-04-2009, 7:59 PM
Ouch...Who?

It's not me. I charge $500.

This thread =

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/radioactive_fail_.jpg

JamesY
03-04-2009, 8:09 PM

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I had to read the OP's posts many times and I still don't quite understand what's going on. I think he means the following:

1. OP won an auction for a gun on Auction Arms
2. Seller wouldn't ship to CA
3. OP contacted freakshow to do a "middleman" transfer
4. freakshow pays for the gun
5. OP was frustrated that freakshow is a busy man and decided to cancel
6. freakshow sent the gun to his CA "partner"
7. freakshow's CA "partner" resells the gun on Auction Arms using the same pictures

I don't see anything wrong with this since the OP canceled the transaction with freakshow.

bplvr
03-04-2009, 8:18 PM
It's not me. I charge $500.

This thread =

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/radioactive_fail_.jpg

Well now ,thats just too much. Thats gouging .Even worse than that guy Wes who charges $300.00 but includes a bucket of slip-n-slide and sometimes throws in a 45-70 Marlin with a transfer. He has been gouging customers since 2008 ,but guys still buy there. Go figure.
As for the OP, did you actually think someone would send you a gun you didn't pay for?
I think the tin foil hat crowd has invaded this site. OP ....call the mothership.

CapS
03-04-2009, 8:26 PM
1. Telephone calls.
2. Simple sentences.
3. Agreements from one dealer at a time: first the one who will get the gun for you, second the original seller.
4. Pay the dealer who will get the gun for you.
5. Telephone calls.
6. Repeat as necessary.

/Cap

DB2
03-04-2009, 8:33 PM
Well now ,thats just too much. Thats gouging .Even worse than that guy Wes who charges $300.00 but includes a bucket of slip-n-slide and sometimes throws in a 45-70 Marlin with a transfer. He has been gouging customers since 2008 ,but guys still buy there. Go figure.
As for the OP, did you actually think someone would send you a gun you didn't pay for?
I think the tin foil hat crowd has invaded this site. OP ....call the mothership.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

dwtt
03-04-2009, 8:33 PM

I tried to figure out the contradictory posts by the original poster and have come to the conclusion he just wants some attention since this thread is completely unnecessary and doesn't inform anyone who has bought a firearm from out of state.

Ralphie Parker
03-04-2009, 8:34 PM
My head hurts.

CABilly
03-04-2009, 8:51 PM
Not too hard to folow:

OP won an auction

The seller wouldn't sell it to him due to his CA residency

OP found an out-of-state middleman to buy the gun and ship it here

Middleman bought the gun

OP could not get ahold of middleman after that

Weeks pass

OP finds the same gun up for sale by a "partner" of the middleman

You won the auction fair and square. It seems after that events conspired against you. If it were me, the first order of business would have been to PAY the middleman BEFORE he paid the original seller. The only thing it sounds like you're out of is a good deal. It's shady, IMO, but at least you didn't lose any money. Good luck next time.

Does the auction site allow rep? Can you make a public note of this incident so others don't wind up in the same place? I mean, it must be nice to have others bringing all the good deals to you. I imagine it saves a lot of time.

Stormfeather
03-04-2009, 9:15 PM
Waiting to hear from Freakshow on this, if he will respond that is. Sounds interesting enough to tag for end results. I planned on using Freakshow to send some stuff in, but if this is how the guy operates, I may be looking elsewhere f this is the case. Will wait to see his responses on the topic.

sigsauer887
03-05-2009, 12:19 AM
This thread LOLz

Shoot-it
03-05-2009, 12:24 AM

The problem is the way you explain yourself is confusing as f**k. So you had a outside ffl dealer buy it and then had a ca ffl dealer receive it and now he has it up for sale.

Well then that is messed up if freakshow did that. I never did business with them but it seems people on here have.

Shoot-it
03-05-2009, 12:40 AM

Your writing doesn't make since ( seeing in with their partner company) what the hell does that mean ????/ you have seen it here in a shop for sale????? I am getting pissed off at this confusing crap. I take it English is your second language .

proudamerican831
03-05-2009, 1:02 AM

I changed my post because I am really confused now, Don't buy from anyone that will not sell to California.

Jorge
03-05-2009, 1:56 AM
All I hear is the Twillight Zone theme song while reading through this thread.

eijjie33
03-05-2009, 2:03 AM
man this thread is confussing me.

eijjie33
03-05-2009, 2:05 AM
the way i see it,the gun doesn't belong to you since you didn't complete the transfer.

Vin496
03-05-2009, 4:44 AM
The problem is the way you explain yourself is confusing as f**k.

Well then that is messed up if freakshow did that. I never did business with them but it seems people on here has.

:rofl::rofl:

It wouldn't be so funny if you weren't busting his *** for crap grammar.

tenpercentfirearms
03-05-2009, 5:02 AM
If I were you guys, I wouldn't judge Freakshow on this without a chance to explain.

If I paid for a gun for someone and they never got back in touch with me, should I just sit on the gun for a long time at my expense? Or should I see the guy as a deadbeat and try and recover my costs?

Did the customer actually change his mind because he saw a better deal somewhere else? Did the customer run out of money? Did the customer not specify what this operation was going to cost and when the dealer gave his fee the customer get mad and decide he didn't want it after the gun had already been purchased?

I have lots of questions and would rather see the other side's defense before I put any weight into this thread.

Isn't the Internet grand? Some guy gets on here and bad mouths a dealer and now a few potential customers instantly decide to go somewhere else. Never mind the fact that the complainer is having a horrible time describing his situation and very well could be one of those squirrelly customers that there is no way to please, has unrealistic expectations, or is just a plain flake.

I will e-mail this to Adam.

TRICKSTER
03-05-2009, 5:53 AM
If you win a gun when the seller has posted on the auction "No California Sales" and then try to get him to ship it to you after the fact, you have violated the terms of the auction and the deal is void. If this is the case, you did not "win" the auction.

In the future, make arrangements ahead of time instead of bidding on an auction that you know you cannot complete.

To help clear things up can you answer the following questions.

#1 Was the auction posted "No Ca. sales"?
#2 Did the seller advise you he was voiding the auction?
#3 Did you tell the seller that the out of state FFL was purchasing this weapon for you?
#4 Did you try calling the out of state FFL to confirm the deal?
#5 Did you call the in state FFL to confirm the deal?
#6 At any time did you tell anyone that you no longer wanted the weapon?
#7 Have you talked to any of the FFL's in person and asked them what happened?

freakshow10mm
03-05-2009, 7:26 AM
I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I had to read the OP's posts many times and I still don't quite understand what's going on. I think he means the following:

1. OP won an auction for a gun on Auction Arms
2. Seller wouldn't ship to CA
3. OP contacted freakshow to do a "middleman" transfer
4. freakshow pays for the gunfrom this point on this is all false what is posted #4-#7
5. OP was frustrated that freakshow is a busy man and decided to cancel
6. freakshow sent the gun to his CA "partner"
7. freakshow's CA "partner" resells the gun on Auction Arms using the same pictures

OK, let me chime in here so you guys get both sides of the story.

The OP contacted me about a pistol he wanted to buy, I think it was an Uzi pistol, to which I only send to PRK Arms in Fresno. I told this to the OP and it is clearly posted on my website on the transfer listing. He was going to shop around and find someone else to handle the transfer if he could because he didn't want to drive to Fresno, which I guess is a far drive from where he lives. I never heard anything from him after I told him Uzi pistols go to PRK Arms in Fresno no exceptions. I never heard anything from him regarding this transfer after that. I figured he found someone else to middle man the gun for him.

The OP wanted me to pay for the pistol up front and he would pay me back. I told him I didn't have the money to front, he needed to pay for the item direct from the seller. If he was in fact the winner of the auction (I'm not on Auction Arms so I can't tell) then he is the buyer and he needs to pay the seller. I handle the transfer of the firearm, not the transfer of money.

This is the same person that had me transfer 5 Uzi carbines for him at the same time and then immediately put 4 of them on sale on this forum in the private sales section, using the "I have bills to pay and need the money". Sure he did, which is why he paid $695 each for them and then sold them for $1495/obo. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=134190&highlight=vector

That is dealing without a license. I did not want my company involved in any shady dealings like this, so I made a business decision not to handle the middle man transfer on this.

This is also the same person who several months ago in the fall during which time I performed the transfer on the 5 Uzi carbines, stated he was going to be out of state/country on business for 2-3 weeks and he is not in a rush to get them. OK. Rather than have them sit there at his dealer's I decided to hold onto them until it was about time he got back so I could have them arrive about the same time he got home. In the mean time, business picked up and I was slow to ship them out. It took longer than expected, but nonetheless the OP called me out on the forum, ran my name through the mud, and then via PM told me he would never do business with me again. I told him that was fine and I'm sorry things went down like they did.

Now fast forward a few months ago when he contacted me about this transfer. Was he giving me a second chance? After the words he used against me and my company, probably not. Chances are he couldn't find anyone else to handle the middle man shipment and he knew I would. Apparently he forgot about the trash he talked about me.

So to recap:

I never paid for any firearm off Auction Arms or any other auction site, especially not for the OP.

I never received any firearm on behalf of the OP except the 5 Uzi carbines I transferred to him in the fall that he sold here on Calguns.

Those two statements being made, therefore I did not ship any firearm destined for the OP to any "business partner" I allegedly have in California.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some suppressors and machine guns to make for the gun show later this month.

Adam

geeknow
03-05-2009, 7:38 AM
I am now fascinated...If what Freakshow says is true, then I cannot wait for the OP's response.

tcrpe
03-05-2009, 7:40 AM

:popcorn:

DB2
03-05-2009, 7:43 AM
The plot thickens.:popcorn::kest:

rkt88edmo
03-05-2009, 7:43 AM
laugh edit delete ban I'm so confused I don't know what to do so I'll just laugh for now.

Go Freakshow Go

69Mach1
03-05-2009, 7:45 AM
I usually stay out of these kind of posts, but from the beginning the OP made no sense what so ever. Thanks for clearing it up Adam. I also want to thank you for bringing up this persons business dealings for future reference.

69Mach1
03-05-2009, 7:49 AM
Ok I won an auction on Auction Arms. I contact an out of state dealer to help bring it in and an in state OLL friendly dealer.

Now that in state dealer has the pistol for sale. Same pistol and same pics from the auction that I won.

If you're talking about PRK firearms, they can get their own UZI type pistols and do so on a regular basis. I think you've mistaken one of their own pistols with what you think is yours.

trinydex
03-05-2009, 9:14 AM

The OP contacted me about a pistol he wanted to buy, I think it was an Uzi pistol, to which I only send to PRK Arms in Fresno. I told this to the OP and it is clearly posted on my website on the transfer listing. He was going to shop around and find someone else to handle the transfer if he could because he didn't want to drive to Fresno, which I guess is a far drive from where he lives. I never heard anything from him after I told him Uzi pistols go to PRK Arms in Fresno no exceptions. I never heard anything from him regarding this transfer after that. I figured he found someone else to middle man the gun for him.

The OP wanted me to pay for the pistol up front and he would pay me back. I told him I didn't have the money to front, he needed to pay for the item direct from the seller. If he was in fact the winner of the auction (I'm not on Auction Arms so I can't tell) then he is the buyer and he needs to pay the seller. I handle the transfer of the firearm, not the transfer of money.

This is the same person that had me transfer 5 Uzi carbines for him at the same time and then immediately put 4 of them on sale on this forum in the private sales section, using the "I have bills to pay and need the money". Sure he did, which is why he paid $695 each for them and then sold them for $1495/obo. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=134190&highlight=vector

That is dealing without a license. I did not want my company involved in any shady dealings like this, so I made a business decision not to handle the middle man transfer on this.

This is also the same person who several months ago in the fall during which time I performed the transfer on the 5 Uzi carbines, stated he was going to be out of state/country on business for 2-3 weeks and he is not in a rush to get them. OK. Rather than have them sit there at his dealer's I decided to hold onto them until it was about time he got back so I could have them arrive about the same time he got home. In the mean time, business picked up and I was slow to ship them out. It took longer than expected, but nonetheless the OP called me out on the forum, ran my name through the mud, and then via PM told me he would never do business with me again. I told him that was fine and I'm sorry things went down like they did.

Now fast forward a few months ago when he contacted me about this transfer. Was he giving me a second chance? After the words he used against me and my company, probably not. Chances are he couldn't find anyone else to handle the middle man shipment and he knew I would. Apparently he forgot about the trash he talked about me.

So to recap:

I never paid for any firearm off Auction Arms or any other auction site, especially not for the OP.

I never received any firearm on behalf of the OP except the 5 Uzi carbines I transferred to him in the fall that he sold here on Calguns.

Those two statements being made, therefore I did not ship any firearm destined for the OP to any "business partner" I allegedly have in California.

Now if you will excuse me, I have some suppressors and machine guns to make for the gun show later this month.

Adam

dang... you need a hug man. :grouphug:

Sunwolf
03-05-2009, 9:21 AM
After reading all this,I am glad I never applied for an FFL although I have thought about it a few times.

PIRATE14
03-05-2009, 9:47 AM
People wonder why FFLs become hardened....have POLICIES that they might not fully comprehend.....

Well.....somethings like this comeout in the wash every now and than....

WONDER no more........:chris:

Now I gotta go build some MGs and Rifles for my gunshows...in TX and CA...:thumbsup:

hawk1
03-05-2009, 9:49 AM
laugh edit delete ban I'm so confused I don't know what to do so I'll just laugh for now.

Go Freakshow Go

If we have a vote, then I'd say :ban: permanently for the OP...

Steve O
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM
lol.

One thing is for sure. You can usually tell who is right or wrong by judging their explanation.
And what we have is a credible dealer who explains the situation very well with details, up against a guy who uses one sentience posts.

tcrpe
03-05-2009, 10:38 AM
:iagree:

rkt88edmo
03-05-2009, 10:50 AM
lol.

One thing is for sure. You can usually tell who is right or wrong by judging their explanation.
And what we have is a credible dealer who explains the situation very well with details, up against a guy who uses one sentience posts.

I dunno - I always try to avoid multiple sentiences.

Douglas711
03-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Well at this point no matter what I say I am wrong. Never have I bought anything to sell. I went a little crazy when I first joined the forum buying stuff.

FEDUPWBS
03-05-2009, 10:58 AM

I agree. He has CLEARLY dealt w/o a license, slandered several FFL holders and lied about other details. Behavior like this brings VERY BAD PRESS to our cause.

Shoot-it
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks freakshow for the clearing this up you sound like a honest business man to me.:thumbsup:

Don't mean to hijack this but is uzi's allowed in CA? They must be off list BB style right?

eijjie33
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM

:iagree:

eijjie33
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
I agree. He has CLEARLY dealt w/o a license, slandered several FFL holders and lied about other details. Behavior like this brings VERY BAD PRESS to our cause.

:iagree::thumbsup:

AJAX22
03-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks freakshow for the clearing this up you sound like a honest business man to me.:thumbsup:

Don't mean to hijack this but is uzi's allowed in CA? They must be off list BB style right?

Uzi type pistols must have the forward handguards removed and cannot have threaded barrels.

they cannot be engraved UZI PISTOL (as the IMI uzi micro's are)

the vector built group industries pistols are clearly legal, however I personally believe that the IMI Model A pistols and IMI Model B pistols are legal as well...

Lateralus
03-05-2009, 1:19 PM
Well at this point no matter what I say I am wrong. Never have I bought anything to sell. I went a little crazy when I first joined the forum buying stuff.

Whether you intended to or not, it sounds (and looks like from your post) you did. This forum can be rough on people not going with the flow, and Im sure your troubles are just beginning. The only thing you can say that wont get you flamed is a VERY sincere "Im sorry".

Be a man. Set things straight.

Douglas711
03-05-2009, 1:30 PM
I am sorry for starting this post. Believe me. I would have never imagined people being so harsh. I guess thats what I get for being critical of someone else.

tcrpe
03-05-2009, 1:49 PM
I am sorry for starting this post. Believe me. I would have never imagined people being so harsh. I guess thats what I get for being critical of someone else.
:nopity:

rkt88edmo
03-05-2009, 1:57 PM
There is nothing he needs to set straight - this isn't going to turn into a flamefest. I'm not locking it yet, but if anyone starts to dogpile on I will be more than happy to kick them off.

Both sides have had their say and everyone can interepert that for themselves.

The fact that threads like these start with a bunch of folks ready to hound party A and then end with a different bunch of folks ready to hound party B is ridiculous.

freonr22
03-05-2009, 2:20 PM
cant we just party

BigDogatPlay
03-05-2009, 7:56 PM
I'm in the mood to dogpile... but that too shall pass.

eijjie33
03-05-2009, 11:21 PM
did the OP got banned yet,for profiteering and slandering a vendor in the forum?

Steve O
03-05-2009, 11:22 PM

lol. You came here trying to profiteer by importing and reselling as per your "for sale" post.

You were trying to import and resell stuff. And you were caught red handed. The worst part, isn't that you were wanting to import and resell guns, the worst part is that you trying to do so with other peoples money...then you complained when the deal went bad. lol. rookie. FYI. You are allowed to PPT any of your personal non AW gun collection, and for that matter for what ever price you can get for it....but you have to buy the gun, and actually own the gun first!

Seesm
03-06-2009, 12:41 AM
WOooooW just wow.

ivanimal
03-06-2009, 1:01 AM
After reading this thread, I am going to bed with a headache.I thought my punctuation needed help.:cool:

USN CHIEF
03-06-2009, 1:11 AM
After reading this thread, I am going to bed with a headache.I thought my punctuation needed help.:cool:

No mames guey. Big ****ing mistake on my part too:D OMG, now I don't feel tire anymore...:eek:

B.D.Dubloon
03-06-2009, 1:16 AM

Just so we are clear: you bought 5 uzis and resold 4 of them for double what you paid a month later, but you didn't get them with the intent to sell them, it just worked out that you needed money?

That's totally cool. We beLIEve you. In case I was too subtle there, I (and I think everyone else) call BS on this. What I don't get is why you would start this thread complaining about a manufactured slight when the target would no doubt come on here and let us all know the type of guy you are.

You seem pretty unscrupulous to me, and that is an understatement.

BDD

TRICKSTER
03-06-2009, 1:20 AM
Let's get this straight, you bought 5 UZI pistols last fall and turned around and sold 4 of them on this site in November. Then you draw attention to the fact that you did this by posting a complaint because the dealer that did the last deal figured out that you were dealing without a license and didn't want to get involved this time.
Anyone want to take a guess at how hard DOJ is looking at this thread?

As Lateralus stated "Im sure your troubles are just beginning."

Got Lawyer

Knight
03-06-2009, 2:12 AM
Ooh, glad I stuck with this thread 'till the end!

Not sure how I feel about all of it, but this thread joins several others lately that teach the age-old lesson that there are multiple sides to every story.

Plisk
03-06-2009, 3:27 AM
After carefully reading this, and re-reading this entire thread and all 12 pages 115 posts of its glory. I had to completely agree that Freakshow was just a victim in this whole thing and the OP got caught red-handed with is behavior and should be banned.

tenpercentfirearms
03-06-2009, 5:02 AM
In the interest of justice, I have done some research to see if what Adam is claiming is true.

Vector Arms Uzi Carbine new in box. 1495 OBO prefer local FTF transfer Bright Spot, J and J , Ade's (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=134190)

and

TP9 Pistol $1695/ Saiga 12 AK conversion $1350 (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=144870)

It would appear the OP has sold some rather high dollar items in the last few months for what would appear to be a profit.

Which there is nothing wrong with, I like to make money. Unless that is I called someone else out for the same behavior in the meantime.

As has been stated, you guys were quick to roast Freakshow with not even a shred of evidence. There are a lot of reeds blowing in the wind around here.

halifax
03-06-2009, 5:37 AM

I think that is exactly what you imagined...just not towards you.
:43:

freakshow10mm
03-06-2009, 5:53 AM
Excuse me? Critical of someone else? You LIED about me paying for the pistol. You LIED about me receiving the pistol. You LIED about me sending the pistol to another dealer. You LIED that you called a certain CA dealer.

And you are pouting because when the truth came out, the thread didn't turn out to be the headhunting for me like you wanted it to be? You ran my name through the mud. You ran my company through the mud. You ran a prominent CA dealer's name and company through the mud. This thread went on for how long before I was finally alerted to it via email when I was working?

How much money and business did I just lose because of your lying? How many Calgunners were going to use me for a middle man transfer but backed out due to seeing this thread before I had time to come here and post my side of the story; the truth? You just cost me business because of your hateful lying.

Monte
03-06-2009, 9:47 AM
As has been stated, some of you guys were quick to roast Freakshow with not even a shred of evidence. There are a lot of reeds blowing in the wind around here.

Fixed that for you. :thumbsup:

Steve O
03-06-2009, 12:37 PM
As has been stated, you guys were quick to roast Freakshow with not even a shred of evidence. There are a lot of reeds blowing in the wind around here.

Not true. When I heard freak was involved I kind off assumed the op didn't fallow up with a payment or communication....
This is because freak has a good reputation here, and I've never heard anyone saying they got screwed by him...

biglou
03-06-2009, 3:11 PM
I have read every post and followed this like everyone else. Douglas711, all your posts are difficult to follow and understand, like people have pointed out. It seems like it was never clear because it sounds like you had something to hide. Freakshow gave a clear and concise explanation in one post. I sold one rifle and a couple of other items on CG. The people I have dealt with have been stand up guys. Integrity is everyting.

tcrpe
03-06-2009, 3:18 PM
Integrity is everything.

Something that some of the peddlers here don't understand . . .