View Full Version : Took the leap

03-03-2009, 3:28 PM
Went into the store and I was looking at the Ruger SR9 and the Springfield XD9mm and a Glock 9mm. Then I picked up a SIG 226 and it just felt more solid and compact and efficient and generally fit for purpose, so I ended up spending $300 more than intended, but in ten days time = whahaaay! Course eth bank manager (wife) will kill me but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Jonathan Doe
03-03-2009, 3:42 PM
I carry P226 on/off duty and I like it. It feels more natural than some other pistols I carried. It kinda looks raggedy now, but it shoots good. You made a good choice. If you want, maybe I can explain things to your wife.;)

03-03-2009, 3:48 PM
What is your position are you a Beat cop, CHP or SWAT team member? If you're happy depending on it for your duty that makes me feel good about my choice, unless of course you're a chef who packs in the kitchen that is.

03-03-2009, 4:00 PM
I love my P226 - Mine is a bit of an older W. Germany made version - Hope you'll enjoy yours as well -

03-03-2009, 5:07 PM
Wow, what store has all those guns?? Congrats on the Sig. "To hell and back reliability" is not just a slogan.