PDA

View Full Version : Best in SoCal for a Ruger Mk Series Pistol.

Kingofthehill
03-03-2009, 3:43 PM
Since shops are sold out of so much, and nobody seems to want to tell you IF they have one in stock or can get one for XXX ammount, i thought i would ask here. So please don't kill me :p

Other than OakTree, everywhere else is an hour away and im sick of driving for no reason...

It can be MK I/II/or III... Black, Stainless, Bull, fluted, whatever... although the Stainless fluted barrel makes me drool :thumbsup:

Has anyone seen any of these IN STOCK in socal for a FAIR price? im not looking for an earth shattering deal but a FAIR price... and even if you don't remember the EXACT price, if it raised your eyebrow and you thought "Not bad" can you give me a heads up on where this was? :thumbsup: Id really appreciate it :cheers2::cheers2:

To the mods, i hope this is OK.. its not a "Wanted" ad to the forum members but more of a heads up if someone had one on the shelf somewhere. Thanks :cool:

Bird of Fire
03-03-2009, 4:43 PM
I was in the lancaster gun shop about 3 weeks ago, and they had a stainless MKIII 22 in 5.5" with a fluted barrel, I think it's the hunters model. Gorgeous gun, and it's been there for awhile, brand spanking new...I want to say it was 425 or maybe it was 450? Give em a call and ask if they still got one in stock, they're pretty friendly.

(661) 942-8377

Kingofthehill
03-03-2009, 4:56 PM
Wow, can't believe it's that hard to get one.

Yup... OH and ive been shooting the hell out of your old "Loaded" :thumbsup: What a great shooter that is! :cool:

JOe

Kingofthehill
03-03-2009, 4:57 PM
I was in the lancaster gun shop about 3 weeks ago, and they had a stainless MKIII 22 in 5.5" with a fluted barrel, I think it's the hunters model. Gorgeous gun, and it's been there for awhile, brand spanking new...I want to say it was 425 or maybe it was 450? Give em a call and ask if they still got one in stock, they're pretty friendly.

(661) 942-8377

Thank you very much for the heads up, i'll give them a call :thumbsup:

Bird of Fire
03-03-2009, 5:00 PM
Anytime. :)

Rukus
03-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Call California Police Equipment, Im pretty sure they had some in a couple weeks back for around $379? Its here in san diego but maybe they would ship to a local ffl?

PolishMike
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM
There is a stainless fluted and non fluted in stock at Discount gun mart in SD ;)

smittty
03-04-2009, 6:32 PM
Goleta Valley Gun has two Ruger MKII's. Both are standard models, one has short barrel and the other has the bit longer barrel. Prices in the mid $300's.

The also have a few P-38's, some big revolvers. I remember seeing a 442 and 642, each are under $500. One G17 and a S&W semi of some sort. Overall not many handguns left here in SB!

Kingofthehill
03-04-2009, 9:20 PM
thanks for the heads up... found a Buckmark for a decent price up by my house.. need my check to arrive before i pull the trigger though!!!!!! just a TAD out of my price range...

JOe

Keith
03-23-2009, 8:57 PM
MKIII Hunter 6 7/8" at Turners in Huntington Beach as of yesterday.

67siia
03-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Just got mine from MSC Firearms, great people to deal with, fast shipping :thumbsup:

http://mcsfirearms.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=73&osCsid=f4d48017add48378380d84521eb2d926

retired
03-24-2009, 12:50 AM
MKIII Hunter 6 7/8" at Turners in Huntington Beach as of yesterday.

I bought the same model at Turners in Riverside last year and really like it. I only wish the 5.5" model was out then as I would have bought that one instead due to the shorter barrel length. It came out some time after I bought mine.

joelukehart
03-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Get a MKIII. They have better mag release.

retired
03-25-2009, 1:11 AM
I just recalled something. If you want to be able to buy a neat reloading device, you should get the MK III 22/45 or the Browning Buckmark. There is an aftermarket loader that allows you to reload your mag in about 6 seconds.

The loader holds 50 rounds of .22 and you just stick your mag inside it and pull it out and it's loaded. I can't recall the name, but I know people here know what I'm referring to. If I had known about it, I would have bought the 22/45 instead of the Hunter.

XeRoFuN
03-25-2009, 11:34 AM
I just recalled something. If you want to be able to buy a neat reloading device, you should get the MK III 22/45 or the Browning Buckmark. There is an aftermarket loader that allows you to reload your mag in about 6 seconds.

The loader holds 50 rounds of .22 and you just stick your mag inside it and pull it out and it's loaded. I can't recall the name, but I know people here know what I'm referring to. If I had known about it, I would have bought the 22/45 instead of the Hunter.

You are referring to the "Ultimate Cliploader." It's awesome. I will have to get one once I get a Mark III.

!@#$
03-25-2009, 11:55 AM
You are referring to the "Ultimate Cliploader." It's awesome. I will have to get one once I get a Mark III.

yes you have to get an ultimate clip loader. if you have a 10/22 get a butler creek mag loader too.

they load so fast and no dirty fingers.

civilsnake
03-25-2009, 3:20 PM
Rancho Magnum Range in Rancho Cucamonga has a Mk3 government competition in stock.

Bad-mofo
03-25-2009, 3:28 PM
What? Even Turners is out of them now? What a shame. I'm not a fan of Ruger 22s (prefer Buckmark). So far the best selection of either I've seen was at Fowler Gun Room in Orange and their sister store Stockade in Westminster where I actually bought my Buckmark. They had Rugers, Mosquitos, Neoses, SWs, and P22s. All sold at MSRP which is a fair price in the present political climate. Did I forget anything? LOL. Not trying to talk you out of a Ruger, but I'd at least go there and try holding them.

Kingofthehill
03-25-2009, 8:45 PM
yes you have to get an ultimate clip loader. if you have a 10/22 get a butler creek mag loader too.

they load so fast and no dirty fingers.

I should have updated this thread.

thanks to "6266 Guy" I got a good deal on a Ruger 22/45 damn near new :thumbsup: And I also picked up a .22 Kadet conversion for my CZ 75b from Paradiddle here as well..

and i plan on getting that loader too... it looks so convenient :thumbsup:

KRS Juan
03-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Mind telling us how good of a deal? Photo's when you get it?

-KRS Juan-