PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here the news about Steyr ?

USMC0811
03-02-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.steyrarms.com/news/items/article/information-on-the-steyr-pistol-series/?tx_ttnews[backPid]=9&cHash=51db27d561

I wonder if this will increase the value on current Steyr arms or decrease ?

gwl
03-02-2009, 10:11 PM
From the above link . . .

Information on the Steyr Pistol Series
Friday, February 27, 2009

Since the launch of the new website back in December, there have been many questions concerning the absence of the Steyr Pistol series from our product lineup. Hopefully, we can address some of those concerns.

Steyr Arms, Inc., which is the US Importer for Steyr-Mannlicher GMBh in Austria, has imported over 20,000 pistols into the US market over the last couple of years. Many of those pistols are still available for retail sale at various distributors and dealers across the country. However, current market conditions and currency fluctuations between the Euro and the US dollar have severely hampered the ability to produce the pistol in an economically viable manner. Unfortunately, these additional costs plus the traditional costs of importing prevent us from being able to sell the pistol at a commercially competitive price point at this time.

For these reasons, Steyr Arms, Inc is not importing any additional quantities of pistol that will be available on the wholesale market for the foreseeable future. However, we are in a research and development phase to see how Steyr can compete in the future without sacrificing the quality that has made Steyr so popular. Please know that Steyr Arms, Inc will continue to service and warrant all current model pistols and rifles as always. We will continue to service and carry parts and accessories for all M and S series pistols in all calibers.

Hopefully this will address any concerns or confusion that exists. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact our customer service department at 205-467-6544. Thank you for your interest in Steyr Arms.

Scott O’Brien
Chief Executive Officer
Steyr Arms, Inc

leelaw
03-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Hmm, maybe I should pick up one of the Steyr M-A19s we've got at the shop..

Trader Jack
03-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Hmm, maybe I should pick up one of the Steyr M-A19s we've got at the shop..

Never knew you had a store front shop. Do you?:cool2:

PolishMike
03-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Your are here, hear me?

leelaw
03-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Never knew you had a store front shop. Do you?:cool2:
Oh please, with the amount of people I have telling me about you and your kin asking about me, I'd be playing stupid to answer that question.

gose
03-02-2009, 10:41 PM
The exchange rate is the same as it was ~3years ago and the market is better than ever.

But there's probably something there that I'm missing...

Saigon1965
03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
There was something I remember hearing about Steyr having MSAR manufaturing their AUG lines for them -

leelaw
03-02-2009, 10:49 PM
There was something I remember hearing about Steyr having MSAR manufaturing their AUG lines for them -

MSAR is manufacturing a clone of the Steyr AUG rifles, but they are not a manufacturing house that Steyr is licensing under their name.

Last I heard Steyr was looking to bring back the AUG, but produced state-side by another company. That was about a month ago.

Saigon1965
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
That's the story - I read in a thread here -

MSAR is manufacturing a clone of the Steyr AUG rifles, but they are not a manufacturing house that Steyr is licensing under their name.

Last I heard Steyr was looking to bring back the AUG, but produced state-side by another company. That was about a month ago.

yallknowho
03-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Your are here, hear me?

LOL