PDA

View Full Version : CAD for AR15 and/or AK47

Assaultplanet
03-02-2009, 7:58 PM
Can anyone tell me where the best place to get 3D CAD models of AR15 and/or AK47 in a neutral format (Parasolid, IGES, STEP) would be?

Thanks for your time

freakshow10mm
03-02-2009, 8:07 PM
You have to find someone with the file (obviously) already programmed. Last I heard, the going rate was $5,000.

How about googling the blue prints, dropping them into Dolphin or other blue print reading CAD software and generating the G-code to program your machine with your CAM package?

PolishMike
03-02-2009, 8:12 PM
I have AR15 and AK47 cad files.

PM me.

EDIT - The AR15 one I have is made from these specs -

I only have CAD files for a full auto AK47 so the holes are different

Davidoff
03-02-2009, 8:30 PM
Check out this site: http://www.cncguns.com/

They have complete SolidWorks drawings as well as PDF blueprints for download. Last time I looked at it, he had quite a few designs available for free: AR Lower, AR Upper (A2&A3), AK, 1911, SIG228, Beretta 92.

It looks like a fun project, but the machinist at my work said that even though it looks like something he'd like to try, he doesn't have time to do fun projects.

Assaultplanet
03-02-2009, 8:49 PM
Thanks for the help all, I've seen cncguns site before and a special thanks to polish for the quick effort in helping me. It is probably an impossibility but I would like to find complete Solid model assembly.

Thanks again

yellowfin
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I gather the VZ 58 is a good one to have milled.

Tier One Arms
03-03-2009, 7:35 AM
Could I manufacture my own lower, or would it be against the law?

heycorey
03-03-2009, 8:00 AM
Could I manufacture my own lower, or would it be against the law?

You can "make" your own ... "manufacture" has a specific connotation for the ATF. That's what 0 to 80% receivers are all about. You finish the last part of the receiver yourself.

But if you make your own, you can't sell it or even give it to anyone else. It belongs to you only; though I think you can will it to a descendant.

Tier One Arms
03-03-2009, 8:08 AM
thanks

cldump
07-16-2009, 12:03 PM
i am looking for cad files for the milled ak nobody seems to have them

cldump
07-16-2009, 12:06 PM
You have to find someone with the file (obviously) already programmed. Last I heard, the going rate was $5,000.

How about googling the blue prints, dropping them into Dolphin or other blue print reading CAD software and generating the G-code to program your machine with your CAM package?

pre programed is not possible the cutting path is dependent on the machine used.
unless you happen to have the same machine/tools
i know where you can get ar 15 and ar 10 iges files but they still have to be programed

jp11516
07-21-2009, 2:06 PM
I could provide some solid models that I created, in any fomat you would like iges, dwg, pro-e, stp, pretty much anything used commercialy. I could also program it for you if you give me details of your cnc machine I can create tool set-up sheets and machine set-up sheets. All of this for alot less than $5000

nat
07-21-2009, 2:14 PM
i am looking for cad files for the milled ak nobody seems to have them

I was curious about the milled AK too. I figured I would just design my own and then build it from there.

I did use the free models from cncguns that was posted in this thread. Just import them into your CAD program. If you have to have Solidworks files, just remodel them.

I used the dimensions as a base and I modeled and will build my own custom AR receiver design.