PDA

View Full Version : Luger Pistols

916Plinker
03-02-2009, 3:42 PM
Who has Luger Pistols in Nor-Cal???

thefifthspeed
03-02-2009, 3:49 PM
I just picked up a 1920's commercial from Rivercity gun exchange in Sacramento for 950. Looked to be about 90% original blue with a crisp unpitted barrel. At the time they had at least 1 more for sale.

zinfull
03-02-2009, 4:14 PM
Where are you located?

Jerry

vf111
03-02-2009, 5:39 PM
I just picked up a 1920's commercial from Rivercity gun exchange in Sacramento for 950. Looked to be about 90% original blue with a crisp unpitted barrel. At the time they had at least 1 more for sale.

Ahh, so you did pick up that Luger! Good score!

thefifthspeed
03-02-2009, 5:43 PM
Ahh, so you did pick up that Luger! Good score!

I couldn't walk away from a 90 year old luger that still has a clean, bright, unpitted barrel. Waiting on grafs to ship me some 30 luger and see how she shoots.

916Plinker
03-03-2009, 7:43 AM
More specificly a 1940 Luger -Code #42 with eagle over swastika markings.

locktime
03-03-2009, 7:55 AM
There are frequently consignment Lugers in the Turners online used gun listing.

It wasn't at Turners, but I just found a private party 1940 Code 42, 96%, matching numbers, matching serial magazine, black grips with capture papers.

It is no longer for sale. :)

zinfull
03-03-2009, 7:57 AM
I under stand that the best place up north is Krausewerk Collectibles in San Mateo.

Jerry

916Plinker
03-03-2009, 8:20 AM
Thanks zinfull for the heads up.

Your killin me locktime!!!!:90: How much did it go for?? Any pics

locktime
03-03-2009, 9:02 AM
It is still in 10 day lockup.

I'll post some pics after it comes home. It was expensive, but worth it. If I can't borrow money on my house, maybe I can get a mortgage on this.

It also included another mag, a black bottom fxo. Also a holster. I didn't think the holster was German but I looked up a few yesterday and it appears to be. I was searching for marks on it, and found some very faint writing on the inside. After much inspection under a magnifier I could read most of a name, most of an eight digit number, and the four digit serial number of the Luger.

After some sleuthing I was able to identify the WWII American soldier who wrote his name and serial number inside the holster. Took a while because I only had partials of both, but I got a positive match. WWII enlistment records are available online. It was not the same name as on the capture papers, but from the stories I got about the guy who brought it home, he was a rear echelon guy who probably won it in a poker game or otherwise scammed it.

I found the whereabouts of the soldier who's name was written in the holster, unfortunately it was a Naples Florida obituary dated June 6, 2008. (He had unusual name, with the same birth year so it had to be him.) I would have liked to have gotten his story about this pistol first hand.

zinfull
03-03-2009, 9:03 AM
Here is one for you.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124122095

They just do not come up very often.

If you want I know of a 1918 all matching including both mags with holster and take down. It is 60-75% due to some rust on the side from storage.
Jerry

5hundo
03-04-2009, 3:57 PM
Mitchell's Mausers carries some but I think that they're pretty pricey...

Mark One
03-04-2009, 4:07 PM
Mitchell's Mausers carries some but I think that they're pretty pricey...

No one should ever do business with those lying pr*cks.

Everything they sell is marked way up and labeled as something different to take advantage of new comers to the surplus market.

5hundo
03-04-2009, 4:18 PM
No one should ever do business with those lying pr*cks.

Everything they sell is marked way up and labeled as something different to take advantage of new comers to the surplus market.

:eek:

Wow..!!!

Having never done business with them, I wouldn't have known. I've just looked at their products from time-to-time. Sorry if I mislead anyone...

916Plinker
03-04-2009, 7:19 PM
They got some nice looking Mausers with dead head logos on them. They are very pricey, really pricey on their lugers and walthers. But they are perfect.

Mark One
03-04-2009, 7:34 PM
They got some nice looking Mausers with dead head logos on them. They are very pricey, really pricey on their lugers and walthers. But they are perfect.

They mark them themselves... Most of their "K98" rifles are Russian Captures that they refinished and re-stamped.

They are only "perfect" because they spend the time to make parts "shiny" and new. But they are not original or historically accurate.

zinfull
03-05-2009, 8:27 AM
If you want to join the Luger group you better start reading. Mark one is dead on. If you want to pay that much for something that will resell for less than $700 go ahead. These Lugers are so far from perfect that it makes me cry. They are miss/forced matched heavily buffed and resemble nothing of the true Luger. If all you want is a Luger that looks pretty then buy the Luger that is in the sale section.

Jerry