PDA

View Full Version : Glock Homeland Security Discount Packages

Judas530
03-01-2009, 7:40 PM
Have any of you non Leo's ever gotten one of these, I guess its good for Leo's FFers, EMT's, Security guards, basically all first responders. Was wondering what happened with the mags, did they send it out with 10 shot mags or did you have fight the dealer to get mags with the gun? All in all its a very fair deal my glock 20SF will be going from 620 down to 460 when I purchase it. I could def buy a few mags with the savings.

One Shot, One Dropped
03-01-2009, 7:56 PM
I'd sure be interested in a discount on another glock...

Got Stuff?
03-01-2009, 7:58 PM
Who all qualifies for this discount and how do you get it?

Judas530
03-01-2009, 8:25 PM
I wrote who qualifies in my original post. If you need any further info give Glock a call. It is a discount for first responders only, so depends on what you do for a living.

nick
03-01-2009, 8:33 PM
I'll be the first to respond to a quake! Oh well, I guess, it's GSSF discount for me, after all.

Jokes aside, do you still have to buy it from one of the participating dealers, of which there're none in SoCal?

gwl
03-01-2009, 9:08 PM
Glock will swap out the standard capacity magazines with the "California" magazines. At least you get three of 'em instead of two. Additional magazines are $21 each (limit to six magazines per model).

At least that's what it was this past December.

slick_711
03-02-2009, 1:40 AM
Unless the OP is referring to a new promotion I haven't heard of yet, GLOCK has always had this program for 'first responders.' To get the pricing you have to either go through a GLOCK LE dealer (of which their are relatively few) or through a shop that deals with OMB and is willing to pass on the discount to you at 0 profit to themselves. If I remember correctly these are "blue label" guns.

But yeah, it's a sweet deal!

Quiet
03-02-2009, 2:48 AM
The original promotion was for LEOs and military only.
They changed it a few years ago to include firefighters, EMTs and security guards.

You get the discount by showing proof of employment in LE, MIL, FF, EMT and security. Dealer will retain a copy of your work issued ID/creditials.
Need to find a participating Glock dealer to get the discount.

You should get a "blue label" Glock with the discount. The "blue label" Glocks will come with three magazines. Except for "subcompact" Glocks (26, 27, 29/29SF, 30/30SF, 33, 39), which will come with two magazines.

However, due to backorders, you might end up with a "white label" Glock. The "white label" Glocks come with two magazines.

SJgunguy24
03-02-2009, 9:20 AM
I picked up a G21 with 3 mags for 500$ N.I.B. a a couple years ago. The trigger was tuned from the factory also. Do the "blue label" Glocks have a blue label on the box? Is there a code to look for?

slick_711
03-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Do the "blue label" Glocks have a blue label on the box?

That would be the idea?

Blue label = first responder package
White label = normal CA 10 rd package
Red label = same as above but standard cap mags (13/15/17 etc)

Hitman
03-02-2009, 3:27 PM
Any dealers that honor this in the LA or Orange County area?

plm61
03-02-2009, 7:56 PM
You can do this by going directly to Glock. Call them and they will work with you.

I used my California EMT license and my capacity as a search and rescue volunteer. They shipped, including hi-cap mags, to my friendly local FFL. He returned the mags to Glock and they sent him replacement 10-round mags.

BTW, it was a couple of months after they dinged my credit card that the gun arrived at my FFL. Given the generous deal, and how little it takes to qualify, I had little to complain about.

slick_711
03-02-2009, 8:01 PM
You need to find a Glock LE dealer that deals with the public. Or as I said, a shop that gets their Glocks from OMB and is willing to not mark it up at all (unlikely). Glock keeps a strict hold on their "LE" dealers, but there is normally at least one in each region.

NiteQwill
03-02-2009, 8:31 PM
Any dealers that honor this in the LA or Orange County area?

ProForce in Brea, that's where most people go. They only allow LEO/Mil in their store though, be prepared to show ID.

Hitman
03-02-2009, 11:11 PM
ProForce in Brea, that's where most people go. They only allow LEO/Mil in their store though, be prepared to show ID.

Got ya...Thanks.:thumbsup:

Casual Observer
03-03-2009, 2:51 PM

x2. Bought my Glock 19 there a month ago. Great store. Emmet helped me out, but all the sales staff there are great guys.

Jicko
03-03-2009, 3:04 PM
Just join gssf @ gssfonline.com

You can get 1 glock @ LE discount.

You can also contact your local fire department and do some volunteer work... and maybe get your FEMA Disaster Worker Card.... then you probably can talk glock into giving you that "first responder discount"....