PDA

View Full Version : FS: Sten MKIII Parts Kit - $190 [SF, Bay Area]

gunn
03-01-2009, 2:56 PM
Hi,
I have a MKIII Sten parts kit I picked up a while ago. All the standard parts are here (barrel and trunnion/front cut, trigger group, magwell, bolt, bolt spring, wire stock, sling, etc.) in their unmolested form (did NOT degrease or bang on the rivets). I'm not sure how you guys get nice clear shots of the barrel (played with it for 10-15 minutes and this is the best I could do - MACRO mode, flash ON/OFF, etc). FWIW, the barrel rifling is nice and sharp.

Here in CA, you can build it as a carbine with a barrel extension, maglock, and a plug to prevent that hole in the skeleton stock from being called a thumb grip OR you can use the original barrel length by building up a STEN pistol as long as you build up a mag lock, modify the rear trunion to prevent the stock from attaching, and selling the stock down the river (someone will buy it in this market).

If interested, PM me. I live in SF and work in San Jose near the airport. You can pick it up from me at either location or meet me along my commute route home (Penninsula). I will ship it for $10 extra.

Regards,
-gunn

UPDATE: Price is now $190 F2F or $200 shipped
UPDATE: SOLD

http://www.gunn.com/eBay/sten1.jpg
http://www.gunn.com/eBay/sten2.jpg

Futurecollector
03-01-2009, 4:00 PM
Not to sharp on the Sten's, what else do i need to "Finish" this?

bradinkorea
03-01-2009, 4:13 PM
you need a tube, about $30, various screws, and a mig welder-barrell trunion gets spot welded in tube, cartridge ejector gets welded inside tube, trigger housing gets welede onto tube. The rest can be bolted/screwed/pinned. Blank tube can be crudely made with a dremel tool, but vertical mill is better. STEN 2 is mich better to start with, but impossible to find (I've got one... hehe), and very expensive now. They were $60 5 years ago, but now pust $400.

gunn
03-03-2009, 3:18 PM
bump

gunn
03-10-2009, 10:40 AM
UPDATE: Price is now $190 F2F or $200 shipped