PDA

View Full Version : Sig P226 DAK? Any thoughts?

mpeter00700
03-01-2009, 2:43 PM
I am considering purchasing a Sig P226 DAK because I am a fan of consistent trigger pull like in the Glocks. Does anyone have any advice? Pros/cons?

Thanks.

user5412
03-01-2009, 2:44 PM
It's very nice. That's all I can say. :D

M. Sage
03-01-2009, 2:47 PM
Tried a DAK, didn't like it. Then again, I don't really like Glock triggers, either.

The DAK is more like a revolver, since it's double-action. I prefer single-action for my pistols.

Rivers
03-01-2009, 3:09 PM
Not trying to sway you away from SIG which is an excellent gun, but here is a similar trigger type from another excellent manufacturer.

Check out the HK P2000 LEM. There are two versions, an 8# trigger pull and a 4.5-5# pull. (Just a spring swap.) The LEM is a constant trigger pull, more like single action starting with the first round which is carried in the chamber. There is no decocker or external safety. A common mistake is trying the trigger with no round in the chamber (or not having racked the slide first. That is simply not how the LEM is used. You do however have a much heavier "second strike" capability should you ever have a non-firing light strike on a round. After many thousands of rounds with LEM HKs, I've never had that need.

(If you have a regular v1 USP converted to LEM, you do have the option of keeping the external safety lever. You cannot however convert the DA/SA versions of the P2000 or P2000SK to a LEM trigger.)

ByTheNumbers
03-02-2009, 9:40 AM
There are two versions, an 8# trigger pull and a 4.5-5# pull. (Just a spring swap.)
Sorry, don't mean to go OT, but just a quick question. Is the lighter 4.5# LEM pull an actual HK option, or just something that people figured out?

Rivers
03-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry, don't mean to go OT, but just a quick question. Is the lighter 4.5# LEM pull an actual HK option, or just something that people figured out?

I believe that it is an actual "part number" option for the pistol. That is, the part number for the 8# version is different than that for the 4.5# version. Or, even with the heavier version, it's two springs, less than $10 in parts to swap. There are instructions on the HK Pro forum:
http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40627

I think HK had this figured out at the factory long before any kitchen table gunsmiths did. It makes a good trigger concept into an excellent trigger solution.

aca72
03-02-2009, 10:57 AM
SIG? Buy it!

ByTheNumbers
03-02-2009, 2:07 PM
I believe that it is an actual "part number" option for the pistol.
Thanks for the information, Rivers.