PDA

View Full Version : My New Benelli Supernova Tactical

socalgunrunner
03-01-2009, 1:43 PM
Just picked this baby up a few days ago. I took it out to the range yesterday, and put 50 rounds through her (I've got the bruise to prove it). These shotguns are really a lot of fun. I enjoy this one much more than that Mossberg 590 I used to have. The Supernova's are little pricey, but I think in my case it was worth every penny.

http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss312/tutulin/benelli.jpg

JDMIS300
03-01-2009, 2:46 PM
Love my Nova. Currently looking for a black super nova pistol grip such as yours next!!! Looks like you've got the ghost ring sites too. :thumbsup:

socalgunrunner
03-01-2009, 3:06 PM
Love my Nova. Currently looking for a black super nova pistol grip such as yours next!!! Looks like you've got the ghost ring sites too. :thumbsup:

Yeah. The ghost ring sights are way cool. :cool2:

Do you have a sling on yours? I'm trying to find a front swivel for it. I haven't had any luck yet.

BroncoBob
03-01-2009, 3:28 PM
Sweet and welcome to the owners club. I've had mine since last year and really enjoy shooting it.
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk75/223Bob/MVC-002S.jpg

mydogsmonkey
03-01-2009, 4:46 PM
nice scattergun!

JDMIS300
03-01-2009, 4:51 PM
Yeah. The ghost ring sights are way cool.

Do you have a sling on yours? I'm trying to find a front swivel for it. I haven't had any luck yet.

I don't have a sling but i do have a front sling swivel for it. I actually bought a Sure Cycle mag tube extension (+2) and it came with a barrel clamp that has a sling swivel attached to the actual clamp. The only problem i can see is the finishes will differ since your Super Nova is Desert finished. If i remember correctly the Sure Cycle extension is on the high side as far as price, i think i paid 89.99 local, BUT tacstar makes one in the sub $50 range. However, at my local gun store (River city gun exchange) 2 employees advised against the Tacstar tube extension.

socalgunrunner
03-01-2009, 7:01 PM
If i remember correctly the Sure Cycle extension is on the high side as far as price, i think i paid 89.99 local, BUT tacstar makes one in the sub $50 range. However, at my local gun store (River city gun exchange) 2 employees advised against the Tacstar tube extension.

I've heard some good things about the mag extensions from Nordic Components, and Dave's Metal Works. They're in the same price range as the one you got from Sure Cycle.

I haven't heard any positive comments about the TacStar offerings. I guess you really do you get what you pay for.

JDMIS300
03-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I've heard some good things about the mag extensions from Nordic Components, and Dave's Metal Works. They're in the same price range as the one you got from Sure Cycle.

I haven't heard any positive comments about the TacStar offerings. I guess you really do you get what you pay for.

Exactly what the two employees told me. The first employee that was helping me had stated that he originally had a Tacstar on his nova but it failed to feed a few times. I THINK he said it was maybe once or twice out of a hundred rounds. So far my sure cycle hasn't failed to feed at all. This is with probably 300 rounds total of varying brands, sizes, buckshot, slugs, turkey load, etc. Watch yourself with those 3.5 inch magnums now!!! :D

JDMIS300
03-02-2009, 12:07 AM
I also forgot to mention the sure cycle tube extension comes with a nice red anodized follower, makes it easy to make sure it's unloaded.

MRboost
03-02-2009, 9:14 AM
Anyone know where I can get one in stock in norcal? Last shop quoted me 9 months wait, and although it's a great shotgun....I can hardly believe that wait time....

Electric Factory
03-02-2009, 9:24 AM
I've been eying these for a while, very good looking shotgun.
Is the arm tight on the gun ?

BroncoBob
03-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Anyone know where I can get one in stock in norcal? Last shop quoted me 9 months wait, and although it's a great shotgun....I can hardly believe that wait time....

Don't know were you are located but Barnwood Arms in Ripon has three in inventory. I would guess that the 439.99 isn't one with the pistol grip stock.

http://www.barnwoodarms.com/list1.aspx

BENELLI SUPER NOVA PUMP 12 GA $489.99
BENELLI SUPER NOVA PUMP 12 GA $439.99
BENELLI SUPER NOVA PUMP 12 GA $439.99

socalgunrunner
03-02-2009, 5:28 PM

Just do what I did. I went to the Benelli website http://www.benelliusa.com and clicked "Find A Dealer". I printed out a list and called all the shops within driving distance until I found one. Good luck.