View Full Version : Mossberg Breacher

03-01-2009, 1:23 AM
I have been looking for a Mossberg Breacher model for a couple years now. Awhile back, they had one at one of my local FFLs, but I didn't have the scratch at the time and someone else bought it. 11 days ago, I noticed that another Breacher model was on the rack, this time as a used gun. Looked like someone had shot it once or twice, then stored it.

Looking forward to destroying all sorts of inanimate objects at point-blank range.

If anyone else has pics of their Mossberg Breachers, feel free to post them!

10-05-2009, 8:27 PM
i have an 870 but im waiting for my breacher barrel from cheaper than dirt,btw that is one nice breaching shotgun.all you need is the breacher rounds to go with it

10-06-2009, 9:55 PM
Not the best pic, but the only one i have at the moment. My 870 w/ mossberg breacher barrelHD setup

10-07-2009, 7:52 PM
Not a big fan of the pistol grip without a stock, but I do like the breacher.

Mason McDuffie
10-07-2009, 7:58 PM
Now this might be a lame question but what features make a shotgun a breacher?

10-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Now this might be a lame question but what features make a shotgun a breacher?

The stand-off device on the end of the barrel, it's supposed to allow breaching rounds to be used with the barrel pressed up against the object to be destroyed. The slats allow the gases to vent properly, otherwise the end of the barrel could explode. Breaching rounds use projectiles that are typically made of a metal powder bonded with wax, that will destroy an object such as a deadbolt or door hinge and immediately disperse into a harmless cloud, at least in theory. Police and military use them to "breach" an entry, hence the name. For the rest of us they are just cool looking toys. Generally if you can't gain entry to a door, you call the locksmith, you don't blow the locks out with your 12 gauge. Or maybe you do. ;)

Jerry X
10-18-2009, 8:36 AM

10-19-2009, 6:04 PM
those moss kick like a bronco with a pistol grip on