PDA

View Full Version : Getting promoted, new belt.

The Soup Nazi
02-27-2009, 9:48 PM
Being pinned on Monday for Lance Corporal, as well as getting my Gray Belt presented to me (was doing 2-3 week course on off hours 3-4 hours a day, ran O-course twice with flak and tested out for it yesterday). Must get ready to propagate rumors upon ascension to the Lance Corporal Underground.

Will be graduating from MOS school (competing for Honor Grad) in about 3 weeks and will be heading out to Okinawa sometime in the future.

(Having everyone stand in a formation so they know that you're getting paid more than they are is always great :43:)

smokingloon
02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Awesome. Remember to put your frogs in ASAP.

gunsmithcats
02-28-2009, 8:32 AM
congrats bro.
okinawa is land of mcmap. Everybase you go to will have a thousand instructor trainers. in fact, if u enjoy it that much, u can push your command to get you green belt instructor even as a lance corporal. anything is waiverable.
Although being an instructor doesn't do crap for your cutting scores, it does look good for pro/cons that you are actively training and that you also have a side billet.

good luck in oki, i thought we're chopping everyone over to guam soon?

6172crew
02-28-2009, 8:44 AM
Being pinned on Monday for Lance Corporal, as well as getting my Gray Belt presented to me (was doing 2-3 week course on off hours 3-4 hours a day, ran O-course twice with flak and tested out for it yesterday). Must get ready to propagate rumors upon ascension to the Lance Corporal Underground.

Will be graduating from MOS school (competing for Honor Grad) in about 3 weeks and will be heading out to Okinawa sometime in the future.

(Having everyone stand in a formation so they know that you're getting paid more than they are is always great :43:)

Lance Cooly: Getting 90% of the work done in my Marine Corps.:thumbsup: Dont be surprised when they tell you that you will be an NCO, start thinkng about it now. I picked up E4 in 1.3 years or so and I wished I known before hand, at that time you were seeing 4 year E3s so I just assumed it wouldnt happen for a while.

joodaman
02-28-2009, 8:46 AM
congrats on the promotion

is it meritorious? getting out of mos school as a lance is a big plus, but you will get some crap when you hit the fleet.

sounds like you're very moto. keep it up, there'll be some crappy times, but if you grit your teeth and bear through them, they'll be the best times of your life.

oki was fun, stay away from the buy-me-drinki bars. i've seen too many pfcs and lances lose their paychecks

The Soup Nazi
03-01-2009, 2:36 PM
Lance Cooly: Getting 90% of the work done in my Marine Corps.:thumbsup: Dont be surprised when they tell you that you will be an NCO, start thinkng about it now. I picked up E4 in 1.3 years or so and I wished I known before hand, at that time you were seeing 4 year E3s so I just assumed it wouldnt happen for a while.

Hopefully thats the case, our job is so small that we've had people from class 1-07 come back as Corporals and Sergeants on TAD to help run simulations, 2 year E-5s seem to be no strange occurrence in the 7242 field.

kermit315
03-01-2009, 7:26 PM
OK, so what is 7242.

BTW, good job on the promotion. Hopefully, many more are headed your way.

The Soup Nazi
03-01-2009, 9:31 PM
OK, so what is 7242.

Air Support Operations Operator (along with the Officer MOS Air Support Controllers), operates the Direct Air Support Center, the Air Support Liaison Teams, and exports people over to the Tactical Air Command Center to do 2 jobs in the field of Close Air Support: Process and coordinate Airstrike/Medevac/Troop & Arty Lift requests, and to procedurally control aircraft while actively assisting in the deconfliction of airspace (so that aircraft don't crash into each other/hot artillery fire) so that we can ultimately pass off control to the Forward Air Controllers and Joint Tactical Air Controllers on the ground.

In a nutshell, while in the field: To facilitate information flow with radio and laptop power to drop warheads on foreheads and save lives.
In Garrison: Play XBox 360 in the DASC Hut/by wiring the TV to the humvees.

6172crew
03-03-2009, 5:41 PM
Air Support Operations Operator (along with the Officer MOS Air Support Controllers), operates the Direct Air Support Center, the Air Support Liaison Teams, and exports people over to the Tactical Air Command Center to do 2 jobs in the field of Close Air Support: Process and coordinate Airstrike/Medevac/Troop & Arty Lift requests, and to procedurally control aircraft while actively assisting in the deconfliction of airspace (so that aircraft don't crash into each other/hot artillery fire) so that we can ultimately pass off control to the Forward Air Controllers and Joint Tactical Air Controllers on the ground.

In a nutshell, while in the field: To facilitate information flow with radio and laptop power to drop warheads on foreheads and save lives.
In Garrison: Play XBox 360 in the DASC Hut/by wiring the TV to the humvees.

On the boat they do the same thing, lazy bastards:43:

kermit315
03-03-2009, 6:41 PM
yeah, we had an XBOX 360 hooked up to the PLAT last cruise, and another showing SITE TV with another XBOX hooked up.

wcnones
03-10-2009, 11:13 PM
I picked up Lance Cooley meritoriously....and Corporal. My MOS locked up for two straight years one month before I was E4 eligible. I had a huge composite score in comparison to the cutting score before HQMC shut down NCO promos in my MOS. I remember the depressed look on my face every time the cutting score were released and my MOS still listed as "CLOSED".

Had to get Marine of the Month twice and Marine of the Quarter twice in order to even get on the Meritorious Corporal promotion board. As salty as I wasn't when I got out, my DD-214 still manages to impress people every now and again when they see my E3 and E4 promo dates as the 2nd instead of the 1st.

pro defensive greg
03-11-2009, 2:21 PM
sounds like you deserve some back pay.

rkt88edmo
03-11-2009, 3:55 PM
Nice job Soupy! Go warheads on foreheads.

joeyriv
03-14-2009, 12:05 AM
If the Shangri-La is still open in Kinville (Sinville), tell 'em I miss 'em.

Vapor
03-16-2009, 9:29 AM
hell yeah im bout to step up to lance cooli too. april or may. aslong as i dont go on deployment a pfc ill be happy :thumbsup:

Desert_Rat
03-17-2009, 9:05 PM
Even though it seems that I'm about a month late,I'll say congradulations.

I remember when I was promoted to PFC in MOS school.It was pretty unsat,Our troop handler Sgt.Chamberlan,called out our names in a hasty formation behind the chowhall at camp johnson N.C. and handed us our promotion warrants which were folded up in his cargo pocket.
He hollered "Morris",I ran up to the front and he handed this folded up paper and said"congrats wear some SKEETER WINGS tomorrow"My warrant is still creased in my OORAH book to this day.Now it's close to 15 years ago.

wcnones
03-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Holy crap - don't tell me you have red hair. If you are the Morris I'm thinking you are, we were at Johnson together for a long, long time.

Even though it seems that I'm about a month late,I'll say congradulations.

I remember when I was promoted to PFC in MOS school.It was pretty unsat,Our troop handler Sgt.Chamberlan,called out our names in a hasty formation behind the chowhall at camp johnson N.C. and handed us our promotion warrants which were folded up in his cargo pocket.
He hollered "Morris",I ran up to the front and he handed this folded up paper and said"congrats wear some SKEETER WINGS tomorrow"My warrant is still creased in my OORAH book to this day.Now it's close to 15 years ago.

Desert_Rat
03-29-2009, 8:02 PM
Holy crap - don't tell me you have red hair. If you are the Morris I'm thinking you are, we were at Johnson together for a long, long time.

YEP. That may be me (I guess) Who are you? Does that formation ring a bell?
After the MOS school(3521) I stayed behind for LVS school.
Let me know who you are.
Do any of these names ring a bell? Webb,Wallace,Solomon,Street,Macintosh,Faden,Maco,B olognese,Cross,McFadden,, I can't recall all of the class but there were approx35-40 maybe.Class AOMC 10-95