PDA

View Full Version : Another transfer question....

390 Mach I
02-27-2009, 1:31 PM
I know I know... I tried searching for this but I cannot find this specific information.

In a previous thread I asked about out of state transfers.
So, to recap...
My father is sending me a Shotgun. It is not a C&R. I know it has to be shipped TO a FFL here in Cali and I have that all figured out but the FFL is saying that the Shottie must be shipped FROM a FFL in Michigan.
Now, I have not seen that anywhere in the laws.
Am I missing something?
All of the FFL's I have spoken to about this have said the same thing... Except for one FFL. The guy at this particular shop said it is up to the owner on whether or not he would do it. However they charge about $40.00 bucks more than the FFL I want to use.

Is this legit?
My father lives a good distance from any FFLs and he is getting to be elderly. I really don't want to ask him to have to drive that distance if it is unnecessary.

Librarian
02-27-2009, 1:37 PM
It's up to the FFL from whom s/he will receive a gun. It is NOT law that only an FFL can ship a gun to an FFL, but an FFL can make it a business practice.

390 Mach I
02-27-2009, 1:50 PM
It's up to the FFL from whom s/he will receive a gun. It is NOT law that only an FFL can ship a gun to an FFL, but an FFL can make it a business practice.

Thanks for the info.

Scratch Qauntico Tactical off my list then...

Anyone know of a FFL in North County that will handle this transaction for me?