PDA

View Full Version : Handgun test at gunshow?

spyderco monkey
02-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey all, planning on hitting the Ventura gun show tomorrow for a PPT, which will be my first handgun purchase. My local shop, "far west gun supply," refuses to allow me to take the test without buying a gun from them, which sucks because I've literally spent hundreds of dollars there on rifles and ammo, a practice that won't be continued after this.

Anyway, will I be able to take the handgun safety test at the ventura gunshow? Other than a drivers license and a utility bill for my adress verification, is there anything else I need?

Your help will be greatly apreciated.

Greg-Dawg
02-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Yes, I've recieved my HSC at a gun show.

Just look for the signs of who offers it.

socal2310
02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Hey all, planning on hitting the Ventura gun show tomorrow....

Just don't order any WinClean in .357 magnum or .40 S&W, it's all mine! :D

Ryan

BTF/PTM
02-27-2009, 11:53 AM
That's crap that a store wouldn't administer your test unless you bought from them. Sorry to hear about that, I wouldn't buy from them anyway if they run that kind of business. Getting a customer's business is about offering the best deal, not offering the most blackmail :rolleyes:

p.s. - study the online PDF study manual for the test if you haven't already. All the answers are in it in plain english, it makes the already easy test even easier.

DedEye
02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
All the more reason not to shop at Far West.

Can'thavenuthingood
02-27-2009, 12:17 PM
That's crap that a store wouldn't administer your test unless you bought from them. Sorry to hear about that, I wouldn't buy from them anyway if they run that kind of business. Getting a customer's business is about offering the best deal, not offering the most blackmail :rolleyes:

p.s. - study the online PDF study manual for the test if you haven't already. All the answers are in it in plain english, it makes the already easy test even easier.

Yup, go here and download to your hearts content.
Handgun Safety Certificate Forms and Publications

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/hsc.php

Vick

Some Guy
02-27-2009, 12:19 PM
If nothing else, Williams Shooter Service is not far from the gun show they are usually open 10-2 saturdays, call and see if they will be open the day of the show. I got mine there not too long ago.
http://williamsshootersservice.com/WilliamsShootersService/Map.html