PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Questions

Shaolin Crane
02-27-2009, 12:45 AM
My sensei has a friend that went malaysa for 6 months to teach english, well when he left he decided to keep his guns in my sensei's safe, well now his friend is planning on staying in malaysa and he and his friend want to know how to transfer the guns, is there anyway to do it without his friend coming back? any help is appreciated

Shaolin Crane
02-27-2009, 8:52 AM
anyone?

bradinkorea
02-27-2009, 9:05 AM
I'm assuming the guns are in California. Here is how I would do it: Sell guns out of state via the web. Have buyer send copy of FFL. Verify FFL and SHIP TO address. Ship guns to FFL. This avoids your name being on any CA intrastate xfer. Actually, since the guy is staying there, I'd just send him a check for the guns, and keep them. Either will work!

7x57
02-27-2009, 9:10 AM
The basic problem is that he wasn't supposed to transfer them to someone else for more than thirty days in the first place.... :(

7x57

Shaolin Crane
02-27-2009, 9:43 AM
he hasnt been gone that long, but yes i told him that

Shaolin Crane
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
so whats the best way to do this legally?

Mssr. Eleganté
02-27-2009, 8:24 PM
so whats the best way to do this legally?

We need more information in order to give you the best answer.

1.) Is the friend trying to sell the guns to anybody who wants to buy them or is he trying to only sell/transfer them to the Sensei?

2.) Does the friend have either a grandparent, parent, child or spouse who is over 18 years old and living in California?

3.) Are any of the guns handguns that are not on California's safe handgun roster?

D.) Are any of the guns long guns that are over 50 years old?

Shaolin Crane
02-27-2009, 11:32 PM
We need more information in order to give you the best answer.

1.) Is the friend trying to sell the guns to anybody who wants to buy them or is he trying to only sell/transfer them to the Sensei?

2.) Does the friend have either a grandparent, parent, child or spouse who is over 18 years old and living in California?

3.) Are any of the guns handguns that are not on California's safe handgun roster?

D.) Are any of the guns long guns that are over 50 years old?

he just wants to sell them to sensei, im not sure, but i would imagine he does, no there all on the roster i believe, and one of them might be older than 50

Shaolin Crane
02-28-2009, 3:13 AM
so what should he do?

Mssr. Eleganté
02-28-2009, 8:47 AM
For any long guns that are over 50 years old, the sensei can just take them. They are not required to be transfered through an FFL in California.

For all other long guns and any handguns that are on the safe handgun roster, they could be transfered at a local FFL Dealer, but not as a PPT. Since the seller is not there in person the Dealer can't process the transfer as a PPT. The Dealer can charge whatever he wants for each transfer.

If the seller has an adult grandparent, parent, child or spouse living in California, they could take possession of the firearms without going through an FFL. The family member would have to register any handguns for $19 via the OpLaw/Intrafamily form. Then the family member could transfer the firearms to the sensei via a PPT at a gun shop for $35 per firearm.

Shaolin Crane
02-28-2009, 8:00 PM
For any long guns that are over 50 years old, the sensei can just take them. They are not required to be transfered through an FFL in California.

For all other long guns and any handguns that are on the safe handgun roster, they could be transfered at a local FFL Dealer, but not as a PPT. Since the seller is not there in person the Dealer can't process the transfer as a PPT. The Dealer can charge whatever he wants for each transfer.

If the seller has an adult grandparent, parent, child or spouse living in California, they could take possession of the firearms without going through an FFL. The family member would have to register any handguns for $19 via the OpLaw/Intrafamily form. Then the family member could transfer the firearms to the sensei via a PPT at a gun shop for $35 per firearm.

so since there is no owner they can charge him 200 a pop if he wanted, damn that sucks.