PDA

View Full Version : Alison Merrilees Appreciation Thread

Matt C
02-26-2009, 10:58 PM
With the latest OAL petitions it has occurred to me that the only person publicly working harder than Gene Hoffman to defeat CA gun laws is without a doubt Alison Merrilees herself.

Yes she sometime likes to give presentations to Women Against Gun Violence, thinks calgunners are "gun nuts", and has funny ideas about the capabilities of pistol grip equipped rifles (and the lack of need to reload them while spraying randomly from the hip), but we know she cares about our gun ownership rights. Why else would she constantly give us exactly the opinions we need to challenge every anti-gun law and rule that threatens those same rights?

So thank you Alison Merrilees, the unsung hero of the 2A movement in California, for everything you have done to ensure Californians are able to enjoy all manner of weaponry for generations to come, this thread is dedicated to you!

oaklander
02-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Thought this was appropriate - was going to post in the OAL petitions thread. . .

http://s5.tinypic.com/zn7ztt.jpg

hoffmang
02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
LOL!

Thanks Alison! :thumbsup:

-Gene

domokun
02-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Thought this was appropriate - was going to post in the OAL petitions thread. . .

http://s5.tinypic.com/zn7ztt.jpg

LOL!

Thanks Alison! :thumbsup:

-Gene

:iagree: Thanks for the hard work from everyone!

C.G.
02-27-2009, 12:52 AM
I wonder whether she is wearing the Calguns T-shirt that got sent to her few years back as a token of our appreciation.:D

gcvt
02-27-2009, 2:51 AM
Is she still crying behind locked doors, or did she come out yet?

artherd
02-27-2009, 2:54 AM
I wonder whether she is wearing the Calguns T-shirt that got sent to her few years back as a token of our appreciation.:D

I did offer to autograph it for her... she has yet to take me up on it! :D

Thanks Alison! ;)

gd-bh
02-27-2009, 5:43 AM
Sometimes the ignorance of the anti's has it's rewards...:)

7x57
02-27-2009, 7:54 AM

Maybe she really wanted Santa to bring her an off-list carbine.

7x57

02-27-2009, 7:58 AM
I love you Allison.

http://www.giftlebanon.com/catalog/images/love-heart.gif

bwiese
02-27-2009, 8:46 AM
I believe there are some foreclosures within walking distance of her home.

Calguns build house, anyone?

I believe she'll have to have "capacity to accept".

Matt C
02-27-2009, 8:48 AM
Sometimes the ignorance of the anti's has it's rewards...:)

More like arrogance.

Hopi
02-27-2009, 8:51 AM
Thanks Allison!

With Love.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PXK314B5L._AA280_.jpg

CCWFacts
02-27-2009, 9:01 AM
Ok I know everyone is enjoying this thread - but could someone clue me in? Which OAL memo should I read and enjoy?

383green
02-27-2009, 9:12 AM
This thread reminds me of the old Bud Light Real American Heroes commercials. I have the song running through my head now.

So, here's to you, Ms. Gun-Grabbing Lady! :D

CCWfacts: No OAL memos yet, but there are two brand new OAL petitions in stickies at the top of this forum, relating to "capacity to accept" and "non-rostered frames".

KWA-S
02-27-2009, 9:26 AM
383green: I'm in the same boat as CCW facts. I'm assuming that she started petitions designed to restrict our rights but out of ignorance really helps us?

383green
02-27-2009, 9:34 AM
She didn't submit OAL petitions; Gene did. Based on evidence of DOJ wrong-doing that she helpfully provided. Please refer to the two "underground regulation" stickies in the 2nd Amendment forum for more details.

sorensen440
02-27-2009, 9:36 AM
I agree
Thanks Allison

I don't know what we would do if someone competent had her job :D

LOW2000
02-27-2009, 9:47 AM
They need to do a "Real American Heros" song about her.

blackberg
02-27-2009, 9:53 AM
maybe send her flowers and another shirt once the decision comes down;)

-bb

rbgaynor
02-27-2009, 9:56 AM
Ok I know everyone is enjoying this thread - but could someone clue me in? Which OAL memo should I read and enjoy?

Here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=157784

tonelar
02-27-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.cs.uni.edu/~wallingf/blog-images/people/elvis-costello.jpg
"Alison, I know this world is killing you. Alison, my aim is true."
Elvis Costello

domokun
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
I believe there are some foreclosures within walking distance of her home.

Calguns build house, anyone?

I believe she'll have to have "capacity to accept".

Forget a build house... How about a build neighborhood filled with resident Calgunners?! :43:

chris
02-27-2009, 10:42 AM
someone send her a botte of Jenkem!

kermit
02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Geez, guys, we finally get a 2A mole in a position of power and you risk exposing her by pointing out all the good work she is doing for our cause.:mad:

Think about it. Who would write those stupid letters and then "accidently" send them to the "Right People" who know exactly how to use them to their advantage? A fellow traveler, that's who!:devil2:

We already lost our mole in the Brady Bunch, let's delete this thread before her cover is completely blown.:shuriken:

adamsreeftank
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
:King:

tankerman
02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
http://www.afunnystuff.com/forumpics/you_win_the_prize.jpg

dilligaffrn
02-27-2009, 12:34 PM
With the latest OAL petitions it has occurred to me that the only person publicly working harder than Gene Hoffman to defeat CA gun laws is without a doubt Alison Merrilees herself.

Yes she sometime likes to give presentations to Women Against Gun Violence, thinks calgunners are "gun nuts", and has funny ideas about the capabilities of pistol grip equipped rifles (and the lack of need to reload them while spraying randomly from the hip), but we know she cares about our gun ownership rights. Why else would she constantly give us exactly the opinions we need to challenge every anti-gun law and rule that threatens those same rights?

So thank you Alison Merrilees, the unsung hero of the 2A movement in California, for everything you have done to ensure Californians are able to enjoy all manner of weaponry for generations to come, this thread is dedicated to you!

...reminds me of the Bud Light's "Real Men of Genius" (formerly known as "Real American Heroes") radio ads... LOL

CCWFacts
02-27-2009, 1:01 PM
Thanks for the clue-pointers. I read those and it now makes sense to me. She really handed us (Gene) some ammo. Thanks!

But we shouldn't be too gleeful. Whatever good Alison has done for us, we have our own counter-examples that have hurt us even more. We've got self-indulgent pro-se plaintiffs like Gary Gorski and James M. Maloney, who have done plenty of harm to us. Everyone in New York can thank Mr. Maloney for delaying CCW reform there for ten years. How many innocent people will die because Mr. Maloney decided to put his selfish interests above those of New York's would-be gun owners?

yellowfin
02-27-2009, 2:51 PM
^ Yucky. Have you seen NYS' pistol laws? Some aspects are worse than ours. First you have to have a license before you can buy one or bring in ones you owned elsewhere. That takes months of processing, 4 letters of reference, and $40-100. It can be a license to carry or in many places restricted only to one's home or "sporting." Some counties will only issue for home or sporting only. But to bring in your own previously owned stuff you have to pay for an FFL transfer, fill out 4473, etc. just as if you were buying it. I for one find that repugnant.

N6ATF
02-27-2009, 3:40 PM
Merrilees, Alison Merrilees, 009