PDA

View Full Version : Kicking out the anti 2A Cabinet

yellowfin
02-26-2009, 8:41 PM
Continued from another thread...

Can Holder, Emmanuel, et al. be removed? I seem to recall a lot of cabinet members being vacated in the last 8 years, so suffice it to say it's been done. As N6ATF pointed out, there's been
Lessee, 3 confirmed AGs, 3 interims (Holder was interim in the first few days of the Bush administration! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...torney_General)

John Ashcroft- Resigned immediately after re-election, for health reasons
Alberto Gonzalez- Called to resign by the public
Michael Mukasey- Termed out with Bush

SecDef Donald Rumsfeld- Called to resign by the public
SoEd Rod Paige- Called NEA a "terrorist organization", called to resign, he waited until the start of the second term
SoS Colin Powell- Asked to resign, but not by the public
SHS Tom Ridge- Resigned from tiredness
SoEn Spencer Abraham- Resigned after re-election
SoC Donald Evans- Not called to resign, did anyway
CoS Andrew Card- Asked to resign, but not by the public
DCoS Karl Rove- ?
SoT Norman Mineta- Not called to resign, did anyway

So how's about it? Ya got Holder already instantly unpopular, so where do sign him up for the hook?

PonchoTA
02-26-2009, 9:08 PM
It's generally known that at that level, you serve at the pleasure of the president. If HE wants you gone or not is what determines whether or not you are forced out. You can always tender your resignation, but the POTUS does NOT have to accept it.

yellowfin
02-27-2009, 2:59 PM
I seem to recall much of the listed folks were ousted by public expression of outrage and lots of negative news. Call in/letter writing campaigns, anyone?

berto
02-27-2009, 3:45 PM
I seem to recall much of the listed folks were ousted by public expression of outrage and lots of negative news. Call in/letter writing campaigns, anyone?

It's up to the President. Barring illness, boredom, or massive scandal cabinet members resign (get forced out) if it makes sense politically and the President has more to gain through their resignation than he would if they stayed. Holder isn't close to being a liability at this stage and it will take a lot more than talking about a new AWB. Holder can float whatever silly ideas he wants, think of them as trial ballons, and the dem. leaders in Congress can deny knowing what he's talking about while seeing what the media and the public think.

Call and write if it makes you fell better.

N6ATF
02-27-2009, 4:23 PM

Well, out of the 12 I listed (not a full list, but with the major players at least), I only know for sure 3 were publicly protested. What might be more relevant is to look at how many were and did, versus who were and didn't (Bush and Cheney being at the top of the list).