Norccer
02-26-2009, 3:33 PM
repost

1lostinspace
02-26-2009, 3:36 PM
So he is concerned with Mexico?

bwiese
02-26-2009, 4:36 PM
Show me any legislation that's emerged from committee.

AlexBreya
02-26-2009, 4:39 PM
finally some one is looking out for the criminals...

Barbarossa
02-26-2009, 4:49 PM
Realy? Hard to Believe your post. I mean Others may have said something, today already.

HunterJim
02-26-2009, 4:50 PM
AG Holder forgot to check with Nancy Pelosi first.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

jim

DedEye
02-26-2009, 5:45 PM

Stop asking for proof dammit!

whprsnpr
02-26-2009, 5:47 PM
It is very good, some can offer humor at times such as we are faced with.
This subject is no joke.

5 minutes ago, I spoke to the office of Senator Dianne Feinstein. My question to her representative was what is the Senators' intent as to renewing the AW ban. The response I received, she will vote to reinstate should it come to the table...

Now we are told that if we stop the ability of US citizens to purchase weapons, the government of Mexico will have a better chance of stopping the violence associated with the drug cartels.

My main concern here is, if our government can't seem to trust us, how then can we trust them?

Pretty amazing times...

DedEye
02-26-2009, 5:51 PM
This subject is no joke.

No, this subject really is a joke. It gets brought up time and again with no proof of any actual movement besides political hyperbole and we're all expected to drop what we're doing and run around like the sky is falling.

5 minutes ago, I spoke to the office of Senator Dianne Feinstein. My question to her representative was what is the Senators' intent as to renewing the AW ban. The response I received, she will vote to reinstate should it come to the table...

I'm shocked, SHOCKED to hear that Dianne Feinstein intends to vote for an AW Ban :rolleyes:!

She's one of those definite yes votes we can count on never winning over, no matter how many times you call and ask.

Now we are told that if we stop the ability of US citizens to purchase weapons, the government of Mexico will have a better chance of stopping the violence associated with the drug cartels.

Yep, Holder was a dumbface for even making the suggested correlation.

My main concern here is, if our government can't seem to trust us, how then can we trust them?

Pretty amazing times...

Trust? What's that?

RRangel
02-26-2009, 6:04 PM
This subject is no joke.

Pretty amazing times...

What do you think has been going on at calguns for years? It's already a forgone conclusion that Diane Fienstien will vote for any and every gun ban. She's pretty much known as "Mr. and Mrs. American, turn them all in" if she ever gets the chance. What does this change? An "assault weapon" ban is a done deal in this state if you haven't noticed. You're late to the party.

FreedomIsNotFree
02-26-2009, 6:31 PM
I believe this is an attempt to test the waters...a temperature check of sorts. Call Pelosi what you will, but she is nothing if not a shrude politician that seeks to keep the Dems in power as long as possible. The fact that she immediately came out against any proposed new legislation to ban so called "assault weapons" tells me this idea is DOA.

Cypren
02-26-2009, 6:34 PM
Trust? What's that?

That's what we're all required to have in our nobility elected representatives. Or else.

Jujak
02-26-2009, 6:37 PM
I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and would not support a future AW ban. But if it does happen, what would happen to citizens who currently own firearms that are listed on the new ban? Would the goverment just order law abiding citizens to turn in their weapons? or would there be a registration period? I mean they cannot possibly expect millions of law abiding citizens who own such weapons to just turn in their weapons....
Also how easily would the federal goverment be able to institute such a ban?
Is there anything we as citizens can do to prevent this infringment on our
2nd amendment rights?

I still cannot believe that we as US citizens voted in a party that is slowly taking away our rights....
Whats next? The ban of free speech? ....................................

DedEye
02-26-2009, 6:42 PM
I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendment and would not support a future AW ban. But if it does happen, what would happen to citizens who currently own firearms that are listed on the new ban? Would the goverment just order law abiding citizens to turn in their weapons? or would there be a registration period? I mean they cannot possibly expect millions of law abiding citizens who own such weapons to just turn in their weapons....
2nd amendment rights?

I still cannot believe that we as US citizens voted in a party that is slowly taking away our rights....

Before I consult my crystal ball, I will need to put on my robe and wizard hat.

Jujak
02-26-2009, 6:44 PM
Before I consult my crystal ball, I will need to put on my robe and wizard hat.

My previous questions were meant to be answered in a hypothetical manner. :P

But please post a picture if you are really going to put on your robe and wizard hat :)

Mikeinblack
02-26-2009, 6:46 PM
2nd amendment rights?

I think that the '94 Ban shows that they won't go to the point of coming to take them, they will just make sales / manufacturing illegal...

Don't expect this one to be only for 10 years though... If you really want to puke, go to wikipedia and see what the vote for the last one was... More Republicans voted for it than Dems... :confused:

RRangel
02-26-2009, 6:54 PM

That's what happens when a presidential candidate spends $740 million on their campaign. Obama pretty much outspent McCain by a mile, but realize that he didn't win the election by a proportional amount of votes. That should tell you something right there.

Jujak
02-26-2009, 6:56 PM
That's what happens when a presidential candidate spends $740 million on their campaign. Obama pretty much outspent McCain by a mile, but realize that he didn't win the election by a proportional amount of votes. That should tell you something right there.

I guess its true. With enough money, you can buy anything including the presidency........

DedEye
02-26-2009, 7:03 PM
My previous questions were meant to be answered in a hypothetical manner. :P

But please post a picture if you are really going to put on your robe and wizard hat :)

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/wizard.jpg

Jujak
02-26-2009, 7:20 PM
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/wizard.jpg

^
^
^

Now that sir, is awesome !

Hopi
02-26-2009, 7:33 PM
^
^
^

Now that sir, is awesome !

Don't encourage him......you know not of what he is capable.

Jujak
02-26-2009, 7:37 PM

LOL

oscarred
02-27-2009, 1:49 AM

give them time, they just took over. They'll use "fixing the economy" as huge leverage for their true agenda. Rest assured your concern (as the rest of us)will very soon be a Fed ban and not goofy cops with illegal weapons.

1859sharps
02-27-2009, 8:08 AM

Dianne was one of the KEY people for getting the 1994 ban passed. No surprise she intends to support a future ban if one is ever introduced.

Many of the anti-gun crowd from 92-94 are back in congress. they can't help them self, they will talk about supporting, introducing, passing more gun control. in their mind the fact they are back means the "people" want them to pass more gun control. They will test the waters, rattle sabers, and such to see if there really is support.

There are 2 key things to remember. All this talk, posturing etc... it was expected, it was a forgone conclusion it would happen. No surprises here.

The second key to remember....talk is cheap. No bill, no worries. But we need to continue to keep an eye on them.

Yes, this latest election increased the number anti gun people in government, but the deck isn't as stacked against us as it was in 1994. There is hope, as long as we stay focused and not panic.

Barbarossa
02-27-2009, 8:14 AM

He was a large collection of aptly dressed cats.

MudCamper
02-27-2009, 2:03 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=157738

mdouglas1980
02-27-2009, 2:23 PM
I really don't think that in the next year or two at least we will really see any new "ban" package made, since there are so so so so so many things that take precedence over a new "assault weapons" ban right now. The Obama regime has much more pressing issues than that. Is it one of the things that he would like to do?? Certainly he would; Obama said it himself that letting the last ban sunset was something that he did not agree with. Just keep your eyes open and your ears to the ground for sure.:thumbsup:

yellowfin
02-27-2009, 2:32 PM
Dianne was one of the KEY people for getting the 1994 ban passed. No surprise she intends to support a future ban if one is ever introduced.Has anyone attempted to run against her with any chance of winning between then and now? I know she's dug in but hasn't it ever been tried earlier on? I'd think out of state people would have wanted just as much to see her gone as anyone here.

natasha69
02-27-2009, 2:41 PM
Has anyone attempted to run against her with any chance of winning between then and now? I know she's dug in but hasn't it ever been tried earlier on? I'd think out of state people would have wanted just as much to see her gone as anyone here.

despite her 2nd amendment stance, she's actually got a brain between her ears and is effective. i think a better and easier target would be Boxer. she's just a puppet. go arnold....Senator Schwarzenegger....

OODA
02-27-2009, 2:44 PM
I'm not so sure about Arnie... He hasn't been the best friend to us lately!

1859sharps
02-27-2009, 5:26 PM
Has anyone attempted to run against her with any chance of winning between then and now? I know she's dug in but hasn't it ever been tried earlier on? I'd think out of state people would have wanted just as much to see her gone as anyone here.

yes, but I don't remember how close it was when all the votes were counted. I seem to recall during the time Wilson was gov she came close to losing once, but don't quote me on that. She is a tough one to beat.

Librarian
02-27-2009, 7:17 PM
In 2006, DiFi beat Mountjoy roughly 5 million to 3 million.
2000, she beat Campbell about 6 million to 4 million
In 1994 it was close - she beat Huffington 3.978 to 3.817 million
In 1992 she was involved in a race for a 'short-term' Senate seat, (to replace Seymour, appointed by Pete Wilson who left the Senate to be CA Governor in 1990) and beat John Seymour 5.8 to 4.0 million

2004, Boxer beat Bill Jones about 7 million to 4.5 million
1998, she beat Matt Fong about 4.4 million to 3.6 million
1992 she beat Bruce Herschensohn 5.1 to 4.6 million

1992 wasn't that great a year for California...

joe_sun
02-27-2009, 8:22 PM
Was it Di Fi or Boxer that was running the ads saying the Republican would put toxic waste in our school or some other such nonsense back around 98-00ish?

Citizen Snips
02-28-2009, 2:52 AM
Come on guys, this is just part of their economic stimulus in the firearms industry ;)