PDA

View Full Version : Opening @ Firing Line Burbank -

bear308
02-26-2009, 12:17 PM
We have one position to fill immediately,FriSat - Sun day shifts. Six - Eight hour shifts for both. Starting @ $8.50 - $9.50 depending on experience + commissions, normally goes up after the probation period (3 months.) I'd like to find someone that knows their way around a drill, and can help out with some regular building maintenance type work. Counter shifts will most likely be opening (11am Fri, 9am Sat-Sun) till 5pm.

Come on down, work a fun job. Get discounts on guns, ammo, knives, surefire plus whatever I can order.

Position duties: Counter

Signing in and out of customers.
Running a very simple register.
Nightly maintenance of rental firearms.
Nightly and periodic cleaning of the range. Sweeping brass, taking out the trash, etc..
Maintaining safety in the lobby and the ranges. No one is stationed in the range for supervising, we use a cctv system.
And a whole lot of adult day care. Some of the customers are great, some act like they're ten years old. All in all pretty easy to deal with.

Experience in the industry is not completely necessary, but it would be a big help. If you can show up on time and have a good attitude that is much more important.

There can be quite a bit of "down" time ( also known as personal shooting time), but when we're busy we can really get swamped. Every day will be a little different.

If interested stop by the range or e-mail a resume to the address below.

We're located at 1060 N. Lake St. Burbank, Ca 91502

Edited: hours needed changed. Just Sat and Sun.

bear308
02-27-2009, 1:02 PM
position has been filled, thanks calguns

bear308
03-07-2009, 2:32 PM
never mind, position is open again.

Fjold
03-07-2009, 2:57 PM

LMAO! Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Black_Talon
03-07-2009, 5:24 PM

For someone with a (pretty) bad back, how much lifting and bending is required? Roughly how many total hours per week is this position?

Thanks!

AndrewMendez
03-07-2009, 9:35 PM
Do you get to keep the brass??

bear308
03-09-2009, 10:23 AM
For someone with a (pretty) bad back, how much lifting and bending is required? Roughly how many total hours per week is this position?

Thanks!
You might need to carry a 50lbs box but that's about the extent of the lifting, you are working on your feet all day so that can bug folks with back problems. Looking at about 14 hrs total for now.
Do you get to keep the brass??
No:26:, You can keep brass you bring in, even for employee the ranges brass does not leave the building.
I am very interested in this position. I am a full time student at UCLA 23 year old male (current firing line member) and have been looking for a job that would fit my busy schedule for months. I called today (5pm roughly) but you were out. I was instructed to call on monday at around noon, and maybe we can arrange an interview same day.

Ill send an email to your gmail account with my contact info.

Thanks for your time,

Jonathan

Jon, I got your email. Check your in box.

Cardinal Sin
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Will DVD dodging:hide:be involved? :p I'm sure it it'll only take a ding or two to get the training down :boxing_smiley: lol. See you at the range.

bear308
03-09-2009, 1:16 PM
keep it up chuckles, I've got something new for you to dodge

Cardinal Sin
03-09-2009, 2:51 PM
Oh no . . . not the tennis balls again

bear308
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
position has been filled, thank you all for the applications and contacts, when I need another I will let Calguns know.