PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Mikeinblack
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Yeah, another newby (In Long Beach, but with property in AZ :43: )... I've been lurking in the shadows for quite a while... Like most here, I've seen the writing on the wall and have um... "Filled out" my collection over the last year...

I am impressed with the intricate regulatory knowledge here, and dig the fact that many are willing to "put their money where their mouth is"...

Glad there is a place like this to allow us to stand together in the probable dark times ahead...

Mike

mecam
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Welcome to CG :thumbsup:

nikonuser
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Welcome and warning. Finding this website can be a very expensive experience. I know my bank account has not been the same since finding this website.

Turbinator
02-26-2009, 5:48 PM
Mike, welcome to Calguns! What's your property in AZ like? Ranch land?

Turby

Mikeinblack
02-26-2009, 6:34 PM
Thanks!

Turby, I actually have a relatively inexpensive second house out there (which officially makes me a "resident"). Stuff out there is getting super cheap again... You can get a small place in Lake Havasu for WELL under $100k. Lots of CA people there, and they really embrace 2A...

Turbinator
02-26-2009, 6:55 PM
Thanks!

Turby, I actually have a relatively inexpensive second house out there (which officially makes me a "resident"). Stuff out there is getting super cheap again... You can get a small place in Lake Havasu for WELL under $100k. Lots of CA people there, and they really embrace 2A...

Right on, way to go. Do you rent it out as well?

Turby

Mikeinblack
02-26-2009, 7:00 PM
Not at this time... I use it to store most of my favorite things... I go out there at least twice a month...

Echidin
02-26-2009, 8:44 PM
Ah Long Beach, my original hometown.

Welcome!

ZombieKiller
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the dark side......

Turbinator
02-27-2009, 5:12 PM
Not at this time... I use it to store most of my favorite things... I go out there at least twice a month...

That's great, you have a good arrangement there. Nice BAR in your avatar photo, too. Those ain't cheap.

Turby

Mikeinblack
02-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I am glad I did it...

On the BAR, I'm unfortunately one that's easily caught on the, "If you don't get it now, you may never have the chance to get one again" thing.

Credit Card companies love it though... Currently digging myself out of the 2008 "necessities"

Turbinator
02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I wish 10 years ago I loaded up more than I did. I bought, but I was conservative and only bought a little. Shoulda bought more. You'll be thankful for the 2008 splurging in the future :)

Turby