PDA

View Full Version : would a magazine coupler/''joining'' mags together equal a hi cap?

Jamez
02-25-2009, 9:38 PM
if I get a mag coupler or duct tape 2 rifle mags together for faster reloads (take it out, flip it upside down and feed the 2nd mag in) does that constitute ''hi cap'' since I taped them together some how making them 1 big magazine??

secondly: say I were to put 2 rifle mags together at the bottom and screw them together instead of tape. Did I just ''manufacture'' a hi cap by using a more permanent means then duct tape?

just thinking about faster/different reload methods. thanks.

sorensen440
02-25-2009, 9:41 PM
no it would make two mags attached to each other

sfpcservice
02-25-2009, 9:49 PM
If you bought three, you might be able to make a triangle. I think those are still legal.

tombinghamthegreat
02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Yes it is legal like mine....

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/sealofawesomeness/Picture158.jpg

leelaw
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
It's legal. They still function as two separate magazines, so they still are two magazines.

rp55
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
Yes they are legal. I have a quad mag holder for my 10/22 as in this stock picture. Never had a problem at the range with it.
http://www.brasscatchers.com/pics/700.jpg

E-DAWG
03-05-2009, 8:03 PM
Sorry everyone, this is probably a dumb question ,but i'll ask anyway. Is it illegal for my friend from out of state to ship mag re-build kit to me for my rifle via fed-ex.Once again sorry for asking a lame question,not even sure im,in the right forum.

dexter9659
03-05-2009, 8:30 PM
Yes as long as:
1) It is disassembled
2) Your intent is not to build a new full cap mag, but rather to repair a full cap mag you had before the ban.

He could ship it by carrier pigeon and it would still be legal.

E-DAWG
03-05-2009, 8:46 PM
Thanks for your response it helps out. The thing is he has no use of the mags anymore and i could use the parts better to get em free than buying extra parts i was under the impression that if they are disassembled they could be shipped i just was not sure if i had to go through an FFL. being that its out of state. THANKS AGAIN.

sorensen440
03-05-2009, 8:47 PM
Thanks for your response it helps out. The thing is he has no use of the mags anymore and i could use the parts better to get em free than buying extra parts i was under the impression that if they are disassembled they could be shipped i just was not sure if i had to go through an FFL. being that its out of state. THANKS AGAIN.
Just dont build mags out of them in state

paintballergb
03-05-2009, 8:52 PM
Hey since there is already a thread going. Are there companies that sell something that connects two mags? I like the idea of connecting two mag but don't like the look of it being taped up.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Hey since there is already a thread going. Are there companies that sell something that connects two mags? I like the idea of connecting two mag but don't like the look of it being taped up.

There are a number of different things like this. I don't have a link for you, but if you look you'll find em.

FS00008
03-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Yes there are. Midway had some a year or so ago when I last looked.

Honestly, the jungle style duct tape job worked better for me :rolleyes:

kakpataka
03-06-2009, 12:32 AM
I called DOJ Fire Urms Division about that. They say the 58 DA's may interpret the law differently!

Seesm
03-06-2009, 2:01 AM
I called DOJ Fire Urms Division about that. They say the 58 DA's may interpret the law differently!

Nahhhh

outersquare
03-06-2009, 6:49 AM
no, because they can't prove you attached them together after 1999 :D

glock_this
04-24-2009, 8:06 AM

here you go (http://www.botachtactical.com/fobmagcoup.html)

so I was curious by something the OP said.. why would you ever hook them together so one is facing down and you not only have to flip it over, but have to get it into the magwell.. 2 steps. plus, face down just exposes the open mag to debris.. so why would one ever do face up/down versus just side by each?