PDA

View Full Version : Holder just affirmed his intent to reinstate AWB!

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
On FOX net news, they just had a press briefing over this http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,500305,00.html which is not mentioned in the written news article. Several reporters asked what he would do about the smuggling of AW's into Mexico. He answered, each time, that certain gun control measures are needed. He finally came out and said the AWB needs to be passed. When asked if would be a priority in this year's legislature, he hinted it would be. Hopefully FOX reposts the video of the press conference.

"Hundreds Arrested in Cross-Country Campaign Against Drug Cartel
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
By Mike Levine

Print ShareThisFederal authorities arrested more than 750 people across the country in what they describe as "the largest and hardest hitting" operation to ever target the "the very violent and dangerously powerful" drug cartel known as Sinaloa.

The cartel is being blamed for much of the violence erupting along the U.S.-Mexican border, according to officials familiar with the operation."

tcrpe
02-25-2009, 11:24 AM
He finally came out and said the AWB needs to be passed. When asked if would be a priority in this year's legislature, he hinted it would be. Hopefully FOX reposts the video of the press conference.

"Camptown ladies sing this song, doo-dah, doo-dah"

http://iconhell.com/i/iconhell_surrealthoughtz_whyyou.gif

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 11:35 AM
"Camptown ladies sing this song, doo-dah, doo-dah"

http://iconhell.com/i/iconhell_surrealthoughtz_whyyou.gif

With the back drop of fighting the Cartels, he can warm up the public to this idea. One lucky drop in the bucket for him.

audihenry
02-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Why the panic? This is a constant Democrat wet dream.

Whether he can pass it or not is another question. As for me, I've bought what I needed so I couldn't care less. :D

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 11:50 AM

Whether he can pass it or not is another question. As for me, I've bought what I needed so I couldn't care less. :D

That's not a great way to think. That would be like me saying, "I have ten thousands rounds of ammo, so if they pass a statewide lead ammo ban, I have what I need, so no need to write my rep.".

jerryg1776
02-25-2009, 11:53 AM

They already passed the first wet dream.... more to come my friends, more to come. They will sell our souls down the river for the taste of glory they have in their demented little minds and enlarged egos.

chris
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM

gun owners like yourself with this attitude will surely ensure the passage of this crap. thanks.

Hopi
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
gun owners like yourself with this attitude will surely ensure the passage of this crap. thanks.

Thanks for posting first. The language I was going to use wouldn't be family nor work friendly.

Pvt. Cowboy
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
"The Democrats have learned their lesson on guns. Why, they won't try anything until after Obama's first term, assuming he even gets one. They have much larger fish to fry, BELIEVE me..."

So, how long has it been now since they've been in office? Four weeks?

Kestryll
02-25-2009, 12:29 PM
As for me, I've bought what I needed so I couldn't care less. :D

Why does this sound familiar?

Oh yeah, another Obama zealot told us 'they'll never try it and if they do who cares, I've got what I want'.

The true face of liberalism, 'I've got mine so we can take yours and give it to others'.
Nice.

chris
02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for posting first. The language I was going to use wouldn't be family nor work friendly.

believe me i had some choice words for my response.

BB63Squid
02-25-2009, 12:52 PM

Oh yeah, another Obama zealot told us 'they'll never try it and if they do who cares, I've got what I want'.

The true face of liberalism, 'I've got mine so we can take yours and give it to others'.
Nice.

Kes,

Are you referring to....

"If I have to choose between more gun control and that woman one heartbeat away from the presidency.. oh well..I already got 14 guns and thousands of rounds of ammo."

Hoop
02-25-2009, 12:54 PM

They have a majority. Pull your head out of the sand.

02-25-2009, 12:55 PM

Nice.

That's so divisive of you.

Oops!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2274/2102981584_aa81e7ab23.jpg?v=0

Kestryll
02-25-2009, 1:02 PM
Kes,

I are you referring to....

"If I have to choose between more gun control and that woman one heartbeat away from the presidency.. oh well..I already got 14 guns and thousands of rounds of ammo."

No, I don't necessarily recall that one.
I'm referring to a post in the Election forum stating pretty much what I said, nearly verbatim, from a member here.

JDoe
02-25-2009, 1:02 PM
I can't find anything anywhere to confirm the OP, can anyone confirm the story?

02-25-2009, 1:05 PM

I can confirm it.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 1:11 PM

Yeah, I caught the story as a breaking headline on FOX net news, but I get nothing on that video when I plug in a search on that site. It should show up eventually. (I did watch the entire presser, too)

JDoe
02-25-2009, 1:18 PM
What I meant to say was, "I can't find a credible third party source to confirm the story in the OP, can someone provide one?"

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 1:23 PM
What I meant to say was, "I can't find a credible third party source to confirm the story in the OP, can someone provide one?"

Why would you need a third party source? It was a live press briefing with Holder answering the questions along with another woman. FOX ran it live on a "Breaking News" banner, but did not link the press video to the story, which was the basis for the press meeting. Considering it ran "live" in just the past couple of hours, it should show up eventually on FOX news.

audihenry
02-25-2009, 1:27 PM

Nice.

I don't see anyone doing anything, so why shouldn't they get away with it?

People here and elsewhere ***** and moan, but no one does a damn thing about it. Honestly, what do you do besides donate to the NRA and hope that they bother to fight the guy? Do you organize mass protests in Sacramento? Do you organize letter-writing campaigns to representatives?

They're in power and they do what they want to do because the vast majority does absolutely nothing to make sure something that they hate doesn't pass.

There are only two options: 1) That gun owners DO something and 2) That they buy now what they fear might not be available later.

As I'm not a hypocrite, I did the second.

BamBam-31
02-25-2009, 1:34 PM
^^^This does not equal this:

deleted by PC police
02-25-2009, 1:35 PM
What a complete asshat.

JDoe
02-25-2009, 1:40 PM
Why would you need a third party source?

Oh I don't know.

Here we go... (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jRNGuUfZbnB86c52F6weTqvKiFCAD96IS93O0)

At a press conference announcing the arrests, Holder also suggested that re-instituting a U.S. ban on the sale of assault weapons would help reduce the bloodshed in Mexico, where last year 6,000 people were killed in drug-related violence.

U.S. officials have a responsibility to make sure Mexican police "are not fighting substantial numbers of weapons, or fighting against AK-47's or other similar kinds of weapons that have been flowing to Mexico," Holder said.

Riodog
02-25-2009, 1:50 PM
What a complete asshat.

I couldn't agree more. If I'd have posted that I'd have gotten another time-out though.

His post is just another example of the "I got mine so I don't give a damn about anyone else", or "it doesn't apply to me so who cares?"
Rio

jarios
02-25-2009, 2:15 PM
The Democrats and their appointees keep playing the same drumbeat. This time it's not for the children, it's for the Narco's:

Google News AP Article (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jRNGuUfZbnB86c52F6weTqvKiFCAD96IS93O0)

Attorney General Eric Holder said the cartels "are lucrative, they are violent, and they are operated with stunning planning and precision."

At a press conference announcing the arrests, Holder also suggested that re-instituting a U.S. ban on the sale of assault weapons would help reduce the bloodshed in Mexico, where last year 6,000 people were killed in drug-related violence.

U.S. officials have a responsibility to make sure Mexican police "are not fighting substantial numbers of weapons, or fighting against AK-47's or other similar kinds of weapons that have been flowing to Mexico," Holder said.

I know it's been discussed here before but just want to keep it fresh in everyone's mind. Hope it's not a dupe!

jarios
02-25-2009, 2:18 PM
Sorry, duped in Off-topic.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=157437&highlight=Eric+Holder

Kestryll
02-25-2009, 2:19 PM

People here and elsewhere ***** and moan, but no one does a damn thing about it. Honestly, what do you do besides donate to the NRA and hope that they bother to fight the guy? Do you organize mass protests in Sacramento? Do you organize letter-writing campaigns to representatives?

They're in power and they do what they want to do because the vast majority does absolutely nothing to make sure something that they hate doesn't pass.

There are only two options: 1) That gun owners DO something and 2) That they buy now what they fear might not be available later.

You have no idea what's being done or has been done do you?

You sit there, waiting for someone to fight the fight for you and then disparage those who do fight.

I could delineate just what level of effort has been put forward but if you've been here for the last year and haven't caught on you're either willfully blind or intentionally ignorant.
Ignorant does not mean stupid, it means uninformed.

No, you're not a hypocrite, in terms of our rights you're a leech.

tiki
02-25-2009, 2:20 PM
The Democrats and their appointees keep playing the same drumbeat. This time it's not for the children, it's for the Narco's:

Google News AP Article (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jRNGuUfZbnB86c52F6weTqvKiFCAD96IS93O0)

I know it's been discussed here before but just want to keep it fresh in everyone's mind. Hope it's not a dupe!

So, we violate the U.S. Constitution to help Mexican police fight Mexican drug dealers? Nice.
Maybe we should get rid of the 1st Amendment so it will be easier for China to control what Chinese Americans say about the Human Rights Violations over there?

BB63Squid
02-25-2009, 2:21 PM

Ohh that puts you in a much better light.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 2:23 PM
Audi, I'll keep it simple. So, nothing is being done? You took option number two?!? Then how do you explain this?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=157492

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 2:30 PM
Why don't we merge the two threads and hopefully someone can come up with the answer and question portion of the video of the press meeting because Holder said a lot more than that about a new AWB ban.

RobG
02-25-2009, 2:34 PM
Geez, now we are supposed to pass gun control here in the US to help Mexico's drug cartel issues:rolleyes: OTOH, I hope they keep bringing it up as it will continue to stimulate the economy for gun dealers/manufacturers.

sd_shooter
02-25-2009, 3:29 PM
I'm a relative noob when it comes to buying guns - what would be taken away with another AW ban? (It doesn't seem like we can buy "AW"s here in CA anyway.) SKS? AR/AK?

norcal77
02-25-2009, 3:38 PM
I'm a relative noob when it comes to buying guns - what would be taken away with another AW ban? (It doesn't seem like we can buy "AW"s here in CA anyway.) SKS? AR/AK?

I was wondering the same thing...I thought AWB=Automatic Weapons Ban.....we can't buy automatics anyways....maybe it means they are going to update the ban list and include all the off-list stuff available now?

lowracer
02-25-2009, 3:39 PM
Sorry, duped in Off-topic.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=157437&highlight=Eric+Holder

Can a moderator move the thread out of off-topic and merge it here? It's clearly in the wrong place.

BB63Squid
02-25-2009, 3:45 PM

That is a very good question. In reality why should ANYTHING be taken away?

As it is now citizens need to jump through hoops just to own guns that we have a legal RIGHT to own. Each year the state and federal legislature erodes our abilities to own these items and the accessories that goes with them. I believe this is a conscience effort to make owning firearms so labor intensive in hope that eventually gun owners as well as some gun manufacturers will just give up.

I guess it all boils down to "What is the definition of an assault weapon"? Unfortunately the people who make those decisions haven't a clue or don't want you or I to have any guns in the first place so why not call em' all "Assault Weapons".

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 3:46 PM
I found the news conference on C-span:
http://www.c-span.org/Watch/watch.aspx?MediaId=HP-A-15821

The clip is 27 min long but discussion about AW's starts at around 18 min.

Thank God you found it! In my post on Off Topic I was desperate to find a vid of the whole presser. What Holder says versus the quick blurb in your article is greatly different.

yellowfin
02-25-2009, 3:48 PM
The Demos got a couple of AG's kicked out of office. Can we get this one kicked out now?

SanSacto
02-25-2009, 3:49 PM
on foxnews. now. dont know if what op was refering to.

[edit: nope it was about extradition of drug kingpin's broto us]

DDT
02-25-2009, 3:52 PM
I hope some of the frogs in the pot realize the water is heating up around them.

Pretty irrelevant now. They put us all in the pot realizing it now won't do any good.

hawk1
02-25-2009, 3:52 PM

You and your type are a bigger problem than Eric Holder and his type!

As long as you have yours...:troll:

Take a minute and look at the long term and not just your own best interests....

jeffrice6
02-25-2009, 3:53 PM
US Attorney douche bag!

deleted by PC police
02-25-2009, 3:57 PM
Oh I don't know.

Here we go... (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jRNGuUfZbnB86c52F6weTqvKiFCAD96IS93O0)

Maybe mexico should secure the border to stop the flood of weapons supposedly coming from here.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-25-2009, 3:58 PM
I was wondering the same thing...I thought AWB=Automatic Weapons Ban.....we can't buy automatics anyways....maybe it means they are going to update the ban list and include all the off-list stuff available now?

Holder was referring to an Assault Weapon Ban. If you read McCarthy's proposed ban, you can see what danger lies ahead.

Whiskey_Sauer
02-25-2009, 4:03 PM

Way to make a good impression around here.

6172crew
02-25-2009, 4:09 PM
Can a moderator move the thread out of off-topic and merge it here? It's clearly in the wrong place.

Done deal:)

6172crew
02-25-2009, 4:11 PM
Way to make a good impression around here.

John Adams is rolling in his grave.:(

"Out on a rail":thumbsup: was what I was thinking.

Sunwolf
02-25-2009, 4:13 PM

At last!Someone from the Dale Carnegie school of charm!

Bizcuits
02-25-2009, 4:50 PM
Why the hell should I give a damn about Mexican citizens being gunned down by drug cartels? Restrict the rights of Americans, so Mexican citizens can be safe? Brilliant...

N6ATF
02-25-2009, 5:08 PM
American elected leaders have long been the bedfellows of Mexico, no matter the expense to American Citizens. This is just the latest piece of evidence in a collective case of treason.

Tier One Arms
02-25-2009, 5:31 PM
Assuming there is another AWB, would that even affect us here in California, being that the new ban would probably be modeled after our ban?

Tier One Arms
02-25-2009, 5:39 PM
CRAP! NBC nightly news, just did a 5 minute segment on this exact topic! I just saw it, and came back to post this.

RRangel
02-25-2009, 5:44 PM
Eric Holder should be thrown out of the Office of Attorney General. That goes for anyone who would subvert the 2nd Amendment.

vrand
02-25-2009, 5:57 PM
Kes,

Are you referring to....

President Sarah Palin 2012 :thumbsup:

3GunFunShooter
02-25-2009, 6:11 PM
AND SO, IT BEGINS..............

wildhawker
02-25-2009, 6:39 PM

We're raising funds for CGF and taking the message to California- I know what we're doing, what are you doing to help (besides hoarding items and gloating about your "stash")?

Threads: 124,582, Posts: 1,805,177, Members: 23,825, Active Members: 8,875

If just 5% of the ACTIVE MEMBERS here on this site took action, that would be 444 (rounding up a fraction) motivated people to get some serious work done. I shudder to think that we cannot organize more than a mere 5% of our membership.

Someone else's lack of action is no excuse for yours or mine. PM me if you'd like to get involved.

bbq_ribs
02-25-2009, 6:46 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=6960824

"Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban
Attorney General Says White House Also Looking at Ban on 'Cop-Killer' Bullets"

They're lying to the public. No big surprise.

bbq_ribs
02-25-2009, 6:50 PM
Maybe mexico should secure the border to stop the flood of weapons supposedly coming from here.

That was my thought. Oh, we can solve that problem. Make that border fence that we're supposed to be building MUCH LARGER. This AG fool goes on to say that it's AK-47 type rifles from China.

Yeah, because nobody has any idea how to get to Mexico from China. In fact, I'd wager it's EASIER. China is quite happy to supply military style arms to countries in return for oil. Guess what? Mexico has oil, and so do its friends to the South.

Yet another ban for gang bangers to IGNORE.

yellowfin
02-25-2009, 6:52 PM
I've been writing emails and calling all the time--no change. Don't have any more money to give. Next idea?

vrand
02-25-2009, 6:58 PM
That was my thought. Oh, we can solve that problem. Make that border fence that we're supposed to be building MUCH LARGER. This AG fool goes on to say that it's AK-47 type rifles from China.

Yeah, because nobody has any idea how to get to Mexico from China. In fact, I'd wager it's EASIER. China is quite happy to supply military style arms to countries in return for oil. Guess what? Mexico has oil, and so do its friends to the South.

Yet another ban for gang bangers to IGNORE.

:thumbsup:

H2H
02-25-2009, 6:59 PM
:mad::mad:

mmbasser
02-25-2009, 7:14 PM
Hey Mexico, how 'bout a quid pro quo?

Stop the flow of drugs & illeagals first, and then maybe we'll think about your requests?

Or, as those I work with would say......"oh, so you think the guns in Mexico originated in the US? Show us the data?"

Pont
02-25-2009, 7:19 PM
I'm sure plenty of guns used in Mexico come from the US. Drug cartels have money, and would not be particularly price-sensitive to the higher price of guns from the US. A lot of the worst drug activity is, naturally, close to the border. Simple convenience means drugs and guns flow *back and forth* across the border.

Of course, assuming we could stop 100% of the guns coming from the US to Mexico, it wouldn't do any good. These cartels have channels to obtain fully automatic weapons. They'd simply use those same channels to get their revolvers, shotguns, and hunting rifles they get from US border towns as a matter of convenience.

jamesob
02-25-2009, 7:25 PM
i think im going to file a complaint against holder and obama via this process. what do you think? http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/FOIA/hotline2.htm

Solidmch
02-25-2009, 7:33 PM
Well looks like Obama is going all the way with his liberal agenda. So much for everyone telling us that they would never try a ban in his first 4 years. God help us!

Piper
02-25-2009, 7:33 PM
No, I don't necessarily recall that one.
I'm referring to a post in the Election forum stating pretty much what I said, nearly verbatim, from a member here.

Well if you're not going to say it, I will. YOU MEAN CRAZED SS ? He and the other Obama worshipers were some of the reasons I decided to go on hiatus for awhile.

How do you like Obama's change now sheeple ?

56Chevy
02-25-2009, 7:52 PM
Well if you're not going to say it, I will. YOU MEAN CRAZED SS ? He and the other Obama worshipers were some of the reasons I decided to go on hiatus for awhile.

What ever happened to all of the Obama supporters? Are they busy building bomb shelters, or just tax shelters?:p

Piper
02-25-2009, 7:58 PM
What ever happened to all of the Obama supporters? Are they busy building bomb shelters, or just tax shelters?:p

They're in their secret temple facing east and genuflecting before their god.

Vtec44
02-25-2009, 8:04 PM
Oh great, high pricing is the least of my worry now.

fistfullofdlrs
02-25-2009, 8:22 PM
The 2nd amend. was written for one reason.....when do we start

N6ATF
02-25-2009, 8:29 PM
Eric Holder should be thrown out of the Office of Attorney General. That goes for anyone who would subvert the 2nd Amendment.

Traitors rarely suffer consequences, more likely for them to be promoted. He's 7th in the line of succession now. Won't be surprised if someone higher is forced to resign and he is given their position.

yellowfin
02-25-2009, 8:30 PM
The 2nd amend. was written for one reason.....when do we startThe $64,000 question indeed.

lowracer
02-25-2009, 8:44 PM
The 2nd amend. was written for one reason.....when do we start

When they come for them. Molon Labe.

javalos
02-25-2009, 8:58 PM
Many of you are right, its the anti-gun liberals wet dream to re-instate this and make it permanent. Holder can't do anything, congress has to pass legislation and BO has to sign it into law, then Holder will enforce it.

Typical liberal anti-gunners, because of criminals, they go after law-abiding citizens. Like Savage says, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Solidmch
02-25-2009, 9:12 PM
Many of you are right, its the anti-gun liberals wet dream to re-instate this and make it permanent. Holder can't do anything, congress has to pass legislation and BO has to sign it into law, then Holder will enforce it.

Typical liberal anti-gunners, because of criminals, they go after law-abiding citizens. Like Savage says, liberalism is a mental disorder.

Congress is democratic and I feel has the votes. (others here disagree) Barakee pooh would sighn it in a hart beat if and when it lands on his desk.

jacques
02-25-2009, 9:20 PM
Congress is democratic and I feel has the votes. (others here disagree) Barakee pooh would sighn it in a hart beat if and when it lands on his desk.

They just need to remember what happened to the last group of dems that signed off on Clinton era ban. But then, they may not be too wary to join the ranks of the unemployeed and welfare recipients since they are funding so much to it.

Cypren
02-25-2009, 9:31 PM

They won't be able to keep it this time unless they can get rid of one of the Heller five, though. Many people probably underestimate the quiet impact of that decision; with 2A an individual right, the new standard of review for all federal gun laws becomes strict scrutiny (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict_scrutiny) rather than rational basis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_basis_review).

Unless Obama can stack the court with more leftist judges who use the Constitution as toilet paper, any clean RKBA case that gets to the High Court has a fairly good chance of going our way. (Hayes was an exception, but it wasn't a clean case since it did involve a past violent offense, and suspension of fundamental rights for criminals has always been part of historical common law.) The largest danger is that one of "our five" dies and Obama gets to replace him with someone who will gleefully vote to overturn Heller and consign 2A back to the dustheap.

lavgrunt
02-25-2009, 9:32 PM
Eric Holder is an idiot and a racist punk.....Did ya catch his comments on race last week, calling Americans 'cowards'???!!! The hell with him!!! A lot has changed since the AW ban back in '94.....besides 'Heller'.....and if Holder is gonna hang his hat on the violence in Mexico to justify another ban, then he's got another thing coming........It'll be a cold day in hell that I give up ANY of my rights, 'cuz Mexicans can't resist slaughtering each other........

javalos
02-25-2009, 9:33 PM

Oh my god, no fight in this guy

yellowfin
02-25-2009, 9:34 PM
They won't be able to keep it this time unless they can get rid of one of the Heller five, though. Many people probably underestimate the quiet impact of that decision; with 2A an individual right, the new standard of review for all federal gun laws becomes strict scrutiny (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict_scrutiny) rather than rational basis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_basis_review).

Unless Obama can stack the court with more leftist judges who use the Constitution as toilet paper, any clean RKBA case that gets to the High Court has a fairly good chance of going our way. (Hayes was an exception, but it wasn't a clean case since it did involve a past violent offense, and suspension of fundamental rights for criminals has always been part of historical common law.) The largest danger is that one of "our five" dies and Obama gets to replace him with someone who will gleefully vote to overturn Heller and consign 2A back to the dustheap.

Problem is that the remedy is in slow motion and after the fact at best. Still a "If you kill me I'll kick your ***" response.

Cypren
02-25-2009, 9:48 PM
Problem is that the remedy is in slow motion and after the fact at best. Still a "If you kill me I'll kick your ***" response.

True, but because of the higher standard it will be much easier to pick a friendly district judge, file a lawsuit and get an injunction while the legal battle resolves itself. It's not foolproof, but it's going to be much harder for them to keep the ban for any length of time now.

yellowfin
02-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Still no penalty or recourse against them for trying it, though, unless we go after them for treason and usurping of the Constitution. If we were to do so, would all who voted for it be jointly and individually liable, or just TPFI for signing it? He definitely would be in violation of the law for doing so. Who files the complaint? Would it be heard? I know the president has immunity from some things, but not this.

CalNRA
02-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Notice who is absent in this thread.

Thompson/Palin 2012.

And people, time to write checks to NRA.

Nullzero
02-26-2009, 2:29 AM
Here is a link to the article about the proposed ban.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

I guess cop killer bullets would mean all Hollow Points would be banned. Time to stock up on Hollow Points and other home defense ammo.

otteray
02-26-2009, 4:59 AM
What proactive things can be done to make him eat his words?
Didn't he just get a dressing down for his "coward" statement?

aileron
02-26-2009, 5:29 AM
I'm sure plenty of guns used in Mexico come from the US. Drug cartels have money, and would not be particularly price-sensitive to the higher price of guns from the US. A lot of the worst drug activity is, naturally, close to the border. Simple convenience means drugs and guns flow *back and forth* across the border.

These cartels have channels to obtain fully automatic weapons.

The cool crap is down south of Mexico, where a lot of the drugs are grown, they would be idiots to come here and buy wanna be assault rifle clones and use them, when they can pick up the real thing for cheap in south America while picking up their drugs. Which you elude to.

So even though your right, guns will transfer across our border easy, for the kind of stuff they are now pulling, its not strategically smart to waste time here. Based on the little I've read on whats going on, it appears they are forcefully taking over control of the countries streets.

Holders either an idiot or a liar... me thinks both.

luchador768
02-26-2009, 5:34 AM
The cool crap is down south of Mexico, where a lot of the drugs are grown, they would be idiots to come here and buy wanna be assault rifle clones and use them, when they can pick up the real thing for cheap in south America while picking up their drugs.

He's either an idiot or a lier... me thinks both.

Also I imagine the Mexican shipping ports are less than air tight, a few containers filled with Russian, or Chinese AK's would go unnoticed.

X-NewYawker
02-26-2009, 5:45 AM
What proactive things can be done to make him eat his words?
Didn't he just get a dressing down for his "coward" statement?

Don't you get it? They FEEL they are untouchable. Criticize the Administration and get branded a RACIST. They get on TV today and say that they are going to be fiscally responsible, and then hours later present a budget larger than ever. The left can do what they want right now, they TOTALLY control the house, there are weak *** RINOs in the senate (plus Al Franken -- thanks Minnesota) THEY CAN PASS HWAT THEY WANT.

A month in office and the AW ban words arrive -- not from some Brady looney but the felon pardoning Attorney General. Sorry, Folks, Heller ain't gonna save us.

56Chevy
02-26-2009, 6:06 AM
Are you sure they're not facing DOWN?:devil2:

Bruce
02-26-2009, 6:59 AM
Notice who is absent in this thread.

Funny how they had the cajones to tell us that B. Hussein Obama would'nt try to take away our guns, but when they are proven wrong, they can't "man-up" to admit they were wrong. I think if we look up the term "Useful Idiots" in the dictionary, their pictures will be there.

SMP2010
02-26-2009, 7:05 AM
Just for more reading...
Obama wants AW ban... (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1)

JTROKS
02-26-2009, 7:46 AM
This is exactly what I was afraid of. I was hoping prices will go down a bit so I can get a few more OLLs, I'm afraid this administration is going to include the kitchen sink too. I hope our boys in the house will defeat this AWB. I know that's high hopes, but at least delay it until I get some more of what I need. Grrrr...

Barbarossa
02-26-2009, 7:51 AM

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said.So were giving up or rights, to help a country that ignores our borders....

Holder declined to offer any time frame for the reimplementation of the assault weapons ban, however.
"It's something, as I said, that the president talked about during the campaign,"Wait I though Obama said he was pro-2A during the campaign....

Wayne LaPierre, president of the National Rifle Association, said, "I think there are a lot of Democrats on Capitol Hill cringing at Eric Holder's comments right now."And a lot of Americans...

"A semi-automatic is a quintessential self-defense firearm owned by American citizens in this country," LaPierre said. "I think it is clearly covered under Heller and it's clearly, I think, protected by the Constitution."I recall seeing "In common Use" in the Heller decision.

exon111
02-26-2009, 7:52 AM
I haven't read this whole thread yet so this may already be posted, but it's on Drudge now: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=6960824&page=1

vrand
02-26-2009, 7:57 AM
Funny how they had the cajones to tell us that B. Hussein Obama would'nt try to take away our guns, but when they are proven wrong, they can't "man-up" to admit they were wrong. I think if we look up the term "Useful Idiots" in the dictionary, their pictures will be there.

yep

lioneaglegriffin
02-26-2009, 8:06 AM

there's nothing to apoligize for, yet...

AJAX22
02-26-2009, 8:13 AM
And People thought the prices were high and there was nothing to be had BEFORE!!!!!!

let me know if you guys can find a wholesale distributor that has any AK's in stock... My family members are starting to look into arming themselves and want to buy in bulk.

tiki
02-26-2009, 8:16 AM

Ban

Ten Rounder
02-26-2009, 8:19 AM
I would not believe it to be completely true just yet, only time will tell

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

AJAX22
02-26-2009, 8:22 AM
I would not believe it to be completely true just yet, only time will tell

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pelosi-tosses-cold-water-on-reviving-assault-weapon-ban-2009-02-26.html

Ok... so what were the gun laws that bush didn't enforce? (besides not extending the AWB)

Publius
02-26-2009, 8:22 AM

There was enough wishy-washiness in the Heller opinion to give gun-grabbers hope that a solid majority is not on board for overturning anything much less restrictive than the total handgun ban at issue in that case. I have little confidence in the ability of several Supreme Court justices to resist coming up with whatever rationalization is necessary to arrive at the decision they want. It remains to be seen whether the Heller five will stay unanimous in the face of an assault weapon ban.

biglou
02-26-2009, 8:29 AM
I'm not surprised by anything this Administration does. NoBamas staff looks like a repeat of the Clintons. A friend of mine sent me this. It's scary how the liberals have worked on this list. What's weird is the year it was written and put on record.
http://www.communistgoals.com/goals/goals.htm

ohsmily
02-26-2009, 8:35 AM
A link to what is copied below was already posted, but I feel that it is worth excerpting it.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference.If Pelosi said that, and it appears that she did, I would be shocked. Wow. Anyway. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

peterhodges
02-26-2009, 8:51 AM
this is all over the news. abcbsnbcfox. our new york times just came in, it's on the front page.

here's one for you:

pullnshoot25
02-26-2009, 8:57 AM
I have a great idea for reducing the violence... why don't they let the good law-abiding citizens of the US exercise their legal right to defend their homeland?

Oh wait, they have rights too... forgot about that.

This AWB crap is insane. Now I need to buy a rifle and a few thousand of ammo to quell my forthcoming vomit.

pullnshoot25
02-26-2009, 8:59 AM
Ban (audihenry)

Maybe he will retract his statement?

BB63Squid
02-26-2009, 9:00 AM
Maybe he will retract his statement?

Would that change anyone's opinion? The cat is out of the bag at this point.

N6ATF
02-26-2009, 9:20 AM
Because we have to protect the children. In Mexico. Who are police.

LOL

Norccer
02-26-2009, 9:56 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but maybe one of you can answer my question. I have an OLL, and just need the upper/stock for my ar. Hypothetically, if I did not get my upper in before this AW ban was ratified, would I still be able to get an upper? Technically it is not an assault rifle anyway because of the BB, and 10 round magazine. I would think that this just affects the free states...
/noob

SanSacto
02-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but maybe one of you can answer my question. I have an OLL, and just need the upper/stock for my ar. Hypothetically, if I did not get my upper in before this AW ban was ratified, would I still be able to get an upper? Technically it is not an assault rifle anyway because of the BB, and 10 round magazine. I would think that this just affects the free states...
/noob

There is no way to tell. I wasn't into firearms until after the old AWB. I believe there was uppers available during it.......someone can chime in there.

pullnshoot25
02-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Would that change anyone's opinion? The cat is out of the bag at this point.

Good point...

Gator Monroe
02-26-2009, 10:36 AM
End of summer ../:chris:

Jpach
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
If they do pass an AW ban, just imagine how glorious it will be when we spank them via SCOTUS. Same goes for any other anti-gun legislation that they try passing.

Fantasma
02-26-2009, 10:43 AM
This sucks, :mad:............

Permanent assault weapon ban! HA! In their wet dreams..

dixieD
02-26-2009, 10:47 AM

Probably all semi-auto military pattern guns. I bet the M1 Garand is on the new list.

stillnotbob
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
I finally joined the NRA. This was the turning point for me. Not sure why I waited so long.... but I am a member now.

Can't wait until Obama gets this passed at it instantly goes to the Supreme Court. Try explaining to the Court that we need to ban the most popular rifle in the US (The AR platform) because Mexico cannot control their drug cartels. This after the Supreme Court stated that the Federal Government cannot ban guns in common use.

Wait.. the Mexican drug cartels seem to mainly use fully auto AK-47... are not Central and South American full of those rifles and the US is pretty much devoid of them????

1BigPea
02-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Holder makes me wanna puke, so does Audihenry...:ban:

Alaric
02-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Holder makes me wanna puke, so does Audihenry...:ban:

Not a huge fan of the 1st Amendment there? Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean he should be banned. He has the right to his opinion.

dfletcher
02-26-2009, 12:04 PM

First, I consider "taking" to mean aquiring by force without compensation. I believe that's how BHO would say he used it in his campaign, knowing full well that folks would interpret his "promise" a bit more broadly. Again, I think BHO is deliberately inexact when it comes to speaking about guns.

There are so many ways he can screw us without breaking his campaign promises. He can ban future sales of pretty much everything to include mags and ammo - without taking. He can (try to) require us to keep what we own in a darn Army depot - without taking. He can close down gun strores - without taking. He can put gunsmiths out of business - without taking. Maybe we can get a legal type to answer, but I believe he could (again, try to) require us to turn in all our guns and be compensated and that still wouldn't be "taking".

hoffmang
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
It looks to me like Holder got taken out of context (which is good for us as it may very well force some retractions.) I'm sure that Pelosi woudln't be using the NRA line (enforce what's on the books) if she hadn't been screamed at by some Blue Dogs. Both Pelosi and Obama know that an AW Ban would be extremely useful for our side if it was signed before the 2010 elections or the next presidential election.

There is some gun jockeying going on right this moment. Congress is trying to pass the "DC gets some House Representatives" bill and our team (including blue dog dems) is attempting to crater the bill by adding CCW reciprocity and stripping DC of its ability to pass gun control laws. NRA just stepped up and said the amendment vote would be graded for the blue dogs so the dems are going to have to chose between DC and pro gun laws :D

-Gene

dfletcher
02-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Not a huge fan of the 1st Amendment there? Just because you disagree with him doesn't mean he should be banned. He has the right to his opinion.

I don't see that he wrote the guy should be banned - did I miss a post? He only wrote that some folks make him want to puke.

Of course let Holder speak his piece - interesting that he didn't start off with a "for the children" format but instead with "for the cartel". Are they that desperate to get this thing started they have to bring it up in circumstances or with victims most likely considered a bit less than sympathetic by most folks?

IGOTDIRT4U
02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
It looks to me like Holder got taken out of context (which is good for us as it may very well force some retractions.) I'm sure that Pelosi woudln't be using the NRA line (enforce what's on the books) if she hadn't been screamed at by some Blue Dogs. Both Pelosi and Obama know that an AW Ban would be extremely useful for our side if it was signed before the 2010 elections or the next presidential election.

There is some gun jockeying going on right this moment. Congress is trying to pass the "DC gets some House Representatives" bill and our team (including blue dog dems) is attempting to crater the bill by adding CCW reciprocity and stripping DC of its ability to pass gun control laws. NRA just stepped up and said the amendment vote would be graded for the blue dogs so the dems are going to have to chose between DC and pro gun laws :D

-Gene

Gene; just out of curiousity, did you listen to the Q&A portion of the press conference in reference to the DEA and the Cartel busts? Holder was very deliberate in his responses to the reporter's questions. Maybe I missed something while listening.

But, as Gene points out, the bigger fish to fry are upcoming on the DC rep vote versus the other pending pro-gun bills.

CCWFacts
02-26-2009, 12:19 PM
There is some gun jockeying going on right this moment. Congress is trying to pass the "DC gets some House Representatives" bill and our team (including blue dog dems) is attempting to crater the bill by adding CCW reciprocity and stripping DC of its ability to pass gun control laws.

That is cool, esp. the national reciprocity part. I thought national recip. was dead after the recent election, but maybe it isn't so dead.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I just posted this on the AB 357 thread, but I believe it has some relevance here, too.

"Here's some food for thought:

CA has an option now to take action on a bill that would make the state shall issue, leaving control of the process with the state. If they do that, state pressure on our CA fed reps might bring a stop to the fed reciprocity bill that is just being proposed. If CA fails to pass shall issue, then they face the imminent bill forcing fed shall issue on them, something I believe CA would like to avoid. (The state loses the CCW revenues that would go to the DOJ, plus control over the permits)"

Nullzero
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM

-Gene

Don't believe that they are not thinking about doing it for a second. Say one thing do another! We need to organize and protest any restrictions to guns and demand Eric Holder resign.

oddball
02-26-2009, 12:37 PM
So to the folks who voted for Obama and wanted change, looks like it might be coming. Come on, anybody really surprised by this?

I always had the opinion that Obama and his followers would try to pass their "agenda" sooner than later; they have the votes now, why risk it and wait a few years? And now they damn well know that they will most likely get voted out of office because of the continuing downward spiral of the economy, not guns. And given Heller's slightly shaky wording on reasonable restrictions (which was coincidentally Obama's soundbite on firearm issues), anything is possible

N6ATF
02-26-2009, 12:47 PM
How successful were those demands for resignation of Bush II and company?

Alaric
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't see that he wrote the guy should be banned - did I miss a post? He only wrote that some folks make him want to puke.

Of course let Holder speak his piece - interesting that he didn't start off with a "for the children" format but instead with "for the cartel". Are they that desperate to get this thing started they have to bring it up in circumstances or with victims most likely considered a bit less than sympathetic by most folks?

He said that in post #119.

I quoted him in post #120.

yellowfin
02-26-2009, 12:51 PM
How successful were those demands for resignation of Bush II and company?
They got lots of people to resign or be replaced. The Bush administration went through a few AG's, dropped a couple of speakers of the house, and lots of others I honestly can't think of at the moment.

ripcurlksm
02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Assuming there is another AWB, would that even affect us here in California, being that the new ban would probably be modeled after our ban?

Not too sure on the FUD factor, but I've read some on CGN about banning guns used for law enforcement or military, which is very broad. Glocks? 1911's? Any AR/AK pattern rifles? M14/M1A? etc, etc. What about ammunition? Military & Police use all major calibers, could this be covered as well?

deleted by PC police
02-26-2009, 1:04 PM

You have the right to say what ever you want but you also have to deal with the repercussions. When you have done the undefendable it's time to take your dose of medicine not say screw you guys, I got what I need. If I ran this place I would have ban him before he had the chance to read his own comments.

Crazed_SS
02-26-2009, 1:06 PM
Well if you're not going to say it, I will. YOU MEAN CRAZED SS ?

This isnt my fault.

He and the other Obama worshipers were some of the reasons I decided to go on hiatus for awhile.

BTW, it's awesome how you guys can insult me constantly, but Im the one who gets banned for being rude.

mbrown
02-26-2009, 1:10 PM
Like one of the other posters in this thread, I recall the Obamatrons calling us paranoid for seeing this coming. They also thought Ginsburg would vote in Heller's favor :rolleyes:

The Obamatrons actually believe Obambi & Company are not anti-2A! They would and will do this and more if the political climate allows it. Unfortunately, their attack on the constitution goes well beyond just the 2A. :mad::mad::mad:

ohsmily
02-26-2009, 1:20 PM
Like one of the other posters in this thread, I recall the Obamatrons calling us paranoid for seeing this coming. They also thought Ginsburg would vote in Heller's favor :rolleyes:

The Obamatrons actually believe Obambi & Company are not anti-2A! They would and will do this and more if the political climate allows it. Unfortunately, their attack on the constitution goes well beyond just the 2A. :mad::mad::mad:

Not sure whether you (and everyone else who is going nuts right now) know this or not, but the Attorney General doesn't pass laws. He also isn't the president. Pelosi smacked him down (for now) and said they need to just enforce what is already on the books (for now anyway).

You guys crack me up. Bunch of Chicken Littles who just love drama.

Crazed_SS
02-26-2009, 1:20 PM

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1508679&postcount=25

I cant speak for the other "Obamatrons", but I never said you guys were paranoid. I figured this would happen, but as I stated before, guns are more of a hobby for me, so I had no problem supporting Obama. For me, certain things in life are more important than guns. YMMV.

deleted by PC police
02-26-2009, 1:29 PM

I cant speak for the other "Obamatrons", but I never said you guys were paranoid. I figured this would happen, but as I stated before, guns are more of a hobby for me, so I had no problem supporting Obama. For me, certain things in life are more important than guns. YMMV.

Hope you remember that when those other things are taken away.

Piper
02-26-2009, 1:30 PM

oh yeah, there's some BIG change there. Can we say Clinton all over again?

MolonLabe2008
02-26-2009, 1:32 PM
Crazed_SS wrote:
I figured this would happen, but as I stated before, guns are more of a hobby for me, so I had no problem supporting Obama. For me, certain things in life are more important than guns.

So, do you consider the following to be the "more important" issues that you talk about? And if so, how can you say any of it is good?

$800 billion spending bill.
$400 billion discretionary bill.
$600 billion national health care bill.
$4 trillion 2010 budget.
Tax increases for all.
Increasing the national debt.
Increasing the national deficit.

rayra
02-26-2009, 1:33 PM

You, like most other american liberals (and their indoctrinees) don't seem to realize that it is our 2nd Amendment rights that ensure all the rest. That are the ultimate method of government accountability for their actions and treasons. It's the very reason the Founder's encoded it in our BIll of Rights.
And that such gross statements from senior government officials - elected or appointed - giving clear indication of their intent and desire to massively INFRINGE on that right are completely at odds with their supposed oaths to uphold the Constitution. They are traitors to their oaths and to the nation the Founder built.
And frankly, your terming / diminishing firearm's ownership in America as a mere hobby and thus scorning all the folks who actually know and respect our national history and heritage is pretty disgusting.

Crazed_SS
02-26-2009, 1:37 PM
So, do you consider the following to be the "more important" issues that you talk about? And if so, how can you say any of it is good?

I've gone over this stuff before with you guys. If you're genuinely interested in why I voted the way I did, shoot me a PM. This thread neednt devolve into another Democrat vs Republican political debate.

Crazed_SS
02-26-2009, 1:43 PM
You, like most other american liberals (and their indoctrinees) don't seem to realize that it is our 2nd Amendment rights that ensure all the rest.

I dont suscribe to this. Sorry.

And frankly, your terming / diminishing firearm's ownership in America as a mere hobby and thus scorning all the folks who actually know and respect our national history and heritage is pretty disgusting.

I was speaking for myself, not you. Maybe guns are the most important thing in your life. Maybe you're out fighting in SHTF situations every week. I dont know.

For me, PERSONALLY, guns are more of a hobby. I shoot paper at the range and watermelons out in the desert. I keep one in a drawer for home defense and the other 13 spend most of their lives locked up in a gun cabinet.

Piper
02-26-2009, 1:50 PM
I've gone over this stuff before with you guys. If you're genuinely interested in why I voted the way I did, shoot me a PM. This thread neednt devolve into another Democrat vs Republican political debate.

Well let's see how many ways I can hit the nail on the head.

1. Obama's black. Even if he's half black, that's good enough.

2. He's uber liberal.

3. He talked about giving people stuff they didn't earn.

4. He wasn't a Republican female governor with more experience than the black guy.

How am I doing so far ?

The last time I saw a frenzy like this about someone was in 1964 when the girls were wetting themselves over the Beatles.

Face it, you people took the bait, hook line and sinker, and the thing that pisses me off is we will all be effected by this, and you're too stupid to realize what a big mistake you made voting for that dirt bag and his cronies.

The white guys who voted for him did so out of some form of diluded white guilt, and the blacks voted for him because of some form of moronic devotion to the race, and now they're just waiting for it to pay off.

You don't have to agree with me, but the insanity that has been displayed is self evident.

Crazed_SS
02-26-2009, 1:53 PM
Face it, you people took the bait, hook line and sinker, and the thing that pisses me off is we will all be effected by this, and you're too stupid to realize what a big mistake you made voting for that dirt bag and his cronies.

Yup.. that's it.

You're smart, Im stupid.

Anything else?

Piper
02-26-2009, 1:55 PM
Yup.. that's it.

You're smart, Im stupid.

Anything else?

Well at least now you admit it. It's a little late, but at least you admit it.

BB63Squid
02-26-2009, 2:02 PM
Not sure whether you (and everyone else who is going nuts right now) know this or not, but the Attorney General doesn't pass laws. He also isn't the president. Pelosi smacked him down (for now) and said they need to just enforce what is already on the books (for now anyway).

So are you of the opinion that the AG just made that stuff up and none of this trickled down from the CINC?

mbrown
02-26-2009, 2:07 PM

You actually believe Pelosi is against a semi-auto weapons ban? The truth is she totally agrees with Holder and her "smack down" was for media and public consumption. Also, there's a reason Holder was chosen by Obambi to be the AG: they are both the product of liberal Chicago politics. I daresay Obambi's views on the issue are minimally different than Holder's.

Piper
02-26-2009, 2:07 PM

You obviously didn't read your dear leaders urban plan to reinstate the AWB, or maybe you were just so entranced with his shuck and jive that you missed that part.

IGOTDIRT4U
02-26-2009, 2:14 PM
So are you of the opinion that the AG just made that stuff up and none of this trickled down from the CINC?

I'll go one step further with your thought, Squid. Based upon both Obama and Holden's records and public statements prior to their being in their current office positions, it is largely possible that a ban and how to implement it has been discussed in detail. Couple that with the fact that Holden is the Chief Law Enforcement person in the US, makes it all the easier to implement and enforce such a law/ban.

The comment about Pelosi speaks for itself. She is too self absorbed to not allow her name on a future AWB bill to let Holder run with it right now.

As to Holder being able to implement such a law, correct, he cannot nor can the President, create law. But both have a strong influence of the dealings and lawmaking of the Congress. In this case it makes a better than 50/50 chance that such a law will be proposed and will carry weight as it passes through Congress.

So, let us chicken littles dance in the street for awhile; I think we are right this time.

ohsmily
02-26-2009, 2:23 PM
You obviously didn't read your dear leaders urban plan to reinstate the AWB, or maybe you were just so entranced with his shuck and jive that you missed that part.

:rolleyes: I didn't vote for the clown. Nice ASSumption. He is no more my "dear leader" than he is yours. I disagree with just about everything that comes out of his mouth. However, I am not some irrational moron who jumps when some stupid politician with no power to pass laws says something. I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that Holder, Obama, Pelosi, et al would love to ban all semi-auto guns if not ALL guns. However, they are also politicians. Banning all semi-autos would not help them politically at this time. More than half the people in this thread seem to think that since this moron Holder made that speech, their damn guns are going to be banned tomorrow. Nothing has changed since his speech. If anything, the reaction by Dems to his speech shows that they aren't politically and practically interested in passing a ban any time soon. As I said, I know they are all rabid anti gun morons, but as others have said, they have bigger fish to fry right now.

Having said all that, I donate to the NRA and am mindful of proposed anti-gun bills.

dfletcher
02-26-2009, 2:32 PM
He said that in post #119.

I quoted him in post #120.

You're right - my mistake, how the heck did I miss the little guy with the sign?

BB63Squid
02-26-2009, 2:35 PM
If I were a lawyer I bet I could draw a pretty good line towards an insinuation by you that the people getting fired up over Holder's statement are "irrational morons".

But then again I am not a lawyer.

Cypren
02-26-2009, 2:37 PM
However, they are also politicians. Banning all semi-autos would not help them politically at this time.

Bingo.

One thing everyone should keep in mind is that 99% of everything a politician claims to stand for is determined by polls and funding. They spout this crap for the benefit of one interest group or another to get votes and campaign contributions, not because they actually believe any of it. Take any of these "rabid liberals," make them run in a conservative district and I guarantee you they will be praising the military, declaring their love of hunting and calling for prayer in schools by sunset. And the reverse is true of "conservative" politicians as well.

Holder has no power to make good on any of this. My gut tells me that his boss asked him to spout off to keep the Brady Bunch reassured that they're still on their side while doing absolutely nothing about it. The Democrats may be riding high right now, but they do remember 1994, and 2A rights have only been trending our way, not theirs, in the years since. The Blue Dogs will sink their teeth into Pelosi's neck if she does something stupid that costs them their seats (and it would), and she knows it.

I'll worry more when I hear Obama, Pelosi and Reid talking about how badly we need an AWB. Until then, it's flunkies blowing hot air. Even if one of them is the AG.

The place to keep your eye on right now isn't the AWB, it's the Tiahrt repeal. That one actually has a good chance of going through thanks to the media's blatant lies about it "impeding law enforcement."

Piper
02-26-2009, 2:37 PM
:rolleyes: I didn't vote for the clown. Nice ASSumption. He is no more my "dear leader" than he is yours. I disagree with just about everything that comes out of his mouth. However, I am not some irrational moron who jumps when some stupid politician with no power to pass laws says something. I have NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that Holder, Obama, Pelosi, et al would love to ban all semi-auto guns if not ALL guns. However, they are also politicians. Banning all semi-autos would not help them politically at this time. More than half the people in this thread seem to think that since this moron Holder made that speech, their damn guns are going to be banned tomorrow. Nothing has changed since his speech. If anything, the reaction by Dems to his speech shows that they aren't politically and practically interested in passing a ban any time soon. As I said, I know they are all rabid anti gun morons, but as others have said, they have bigger fish to fry right now.

Having said all that, I donate to the NRA and am mindful of proposed anti-gun bills.

If you didn't vote for him, then my apologies. However, Obama said he would, and Holder is echoing his handlers sentiments. I don't believe Pelosi; Boxer and Feinswein have made antigun noises over and over again; Schumer and Kennedy make no bones about their antigun leanings, and God only knows who else will climb on that bandwagon if they think they can get away with it. I'm not willing to just blow it off as Holder just blowing smoke. If there are rumblings about it, then we better be careful because the train isn't that far away.

N6ATF
02-26-2009, 2:40 PM
They got lots of people to resign or be replaced. The Bush administration went through a few AG's, dropped a couple of speakers of the house, and lots of others I honestly can't think of at the moment.

Lessee, 3 confirmed AGs, 3 interims (Holder was interim in the first few days of the Bush administration! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Attorney_General)

John Ashcroft- Resigned immediately after re-election, for health reasons
Alberto Gonzalez- Called to resign by the public
Michael Mukasey- Termed out with Bush

Speaker of the House is not part of the executive branch, merely next in line in succession after the vice president.

SecDef Donald Rumsfeld- Called to resign by the public
SoEd Rod Paige- Called NEA a "terrorist organization", called to resign, he waited until the start of the second term
SoS Colin Powell- Asked to resign, but not by the public
SHS Tom Ridge- Resigned from tiredness
SoEn Spencer Abraham- Resigned after re-election
SoC Donald Evans- Not called to resign, did anyway
CoS Andrew Card- Asked to resign, but not by the public
DCoS Karl Rove- ?
SoT Norman Mineta- Not called to resign, did anyway

Piper
02-26-2009, 2:46 PM
The place to keep your eye on right now isn't the AWB, it's the Tiahrt repeal. That one actually has a good chance of going through thanks to the media's blatant lies about it "impeding law enforcement."

And where do you think the media got this from ? The politicians like Bloomberg and Schumer have been spouting this garbage since the Tiahrt amendment became law, and the media is simply parroting these politicians.

Remember that a lie told long enough will eventually be believed. Politicians like these liars probably have it tattooed on their chests.

Charliegone
02-26-2009, 2:47 PM
Now now everyone we don't want to lose any more toes now. Master Betty (Holder) has no power whatsoever (one word?) to ban AW's. Congress and Ling Ling (Pelosi) will not risk it at this time to pass an AW. Wait until the chosen one (NRA) says so, then jump on it...and if you can find the movie I'm referencing the characters from you get a cookie.:D

Kestryll
02-26-2009, 2:54 PM
We're done and the bickering, name calling and other CRAP is getting very tiring.

Warnings and temp bans aren't reaching some here so if it keeps up we'll see how perma-bans do at getting attention.