PDA

View Full Version : Advice on how to explain my OLL/Bulletbutton AR-15 to a LEO

Jujak
02-23-2009, 3:36 PM
All,

I would just like some advice on how to explain my OLL/Bulletbutton AR-15 if/when approached by a LEO while at a range or while transporting to and from the range.
Would quoting penal code 12276.1 be enough?
Should i also send a letter to the DOJ requesting a confirmation of the legality of my OLL reciever to keep on file?

I currently have a printed copy of this OLL reference guide which i bring with me to the range in case i ever need to explain the legality of my rifle. (includes copy of the AW flowchart)
http://www.stationsix.com/webshots/QRLB_1-4WC.pdf

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ke6guj
02-23-2009, 3:39 PM
a copy of the flowchart is nice and to the point. Or maybe one of the LE internal memos that hoffmang has. I don't recall if the memos are in the reference guide that you have printed.

Blue
02-23-2009, 3:43 PM
I keep the flowchart in my range bag. Just remember to think before you speak and don't give up anymore info than you have to.

alphazebrafoxtrot
02-23-2009, 3:45 PM
Just an FYI, the flow chart IS part of the above referenced OLL guide..

ke6guj
02-23-2009, 3:50 PM
I figured it was, but I don't see a 200 page guide a quick way to educate an LEO.

Jujak
02-23-2009, 3:52 PM
I figured it was, but I don't see a 200 page guide a quick way to educate an LEO.

I actually have quick reference tabs to specific locations in the guide for :

AW flowchart
Detachable magazine/BulletButton description
Penal code 12276.1
AW list

deleted by PC police
02-23-2009, 3:55 PM
Know the definitions of an assault weapon and detachable mag and be able to explain them without using your flow chart and use your flow chart and text of the law to backup your points.