PDA

View Full Version : Utah CCW permit class offered in CA

Joepilot
02-23-2009, 1:25 PM
Hi all,

I am offering the following course here in California. The Utah CCW permit has reciprocity in 33 states (california not included) , and has NO california paperwork. Price is all inclusive.

From a certified NRA C/C instructor.
Complete 1 day package $199.00 Good in 33 states
Includes all paperwork, permits and checks

951-551-1162/secondamendmentrights@gmail.com

glockfu
02-23-2009, 1:29 PM
Where and when will classes be offered?

DedEye
02-23-2009, 2:02 PM
Your class is looking just a bit (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=152691) more (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=151456) expensive (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=146679) than the competition...

Joepilot
02-23-2009, 4:56 PM
I am unfamiliar with this outfit, but it doesn't surprise me. There are a quite a few people whole do the bare minimum and mass produce CCW's.

Our difference is....

We provide EVERYTHING they expect you to show up to class with. Like the post says it's all inclusive.

We do the fingerprinting, notary, photos, and the we do more than just rubber-stamp an application. The class is an actual class where we discuss firearm safety, legal issues of CCW, and many other CCW issues. Our class takes most of the day.

The 4 hours they offer for $100.00 is barely enough time to fill out all the paperwork of a descent sized class. Utah is actually starting to come down on courses like the one described.

In the end you will get what you pay for.

Joepilot
02-23-2009, 5:02 PM
Where and when will classes be offered?

We are in Southern California, and will arrange course locations in Orange/Riverside/LA/San Diego county areas depending on the demand. We are putting a class together for March 14

We are also looking at the possibility of including Northern California as well, as soon as we see enough interest we set up a class.

ke6guj
02-23-2009, 5:05 PM
how much time in your class is actual class time?

the others linked to state 4 hours of class time and then any paperwork is done afterwards.

The $350 includes the cost of the UT permit fee? Otherwise, I'm trying to determine what extra is included in your costs. Looks like with the other guys, total cost is less than $200 including the class and the permit fees.

Joepilot
02-23-2009, 5:52 PM
ALL inclusive is ALL inclusive. $350.00 out the door. Like the post said, ALL permits, fees, etc..

We've been running these courses in the central valley area for a while now and have great response, so these instructors are not new to the state.

The course fee also includes the instructors time to provide the caliber of instruction they provide. These guys don't work for free (as hard as I've asked, the answer is always NO) The bare minimum is cheap, but we offer a lot more.

CCWUSA
02-26-2009, 12:39 AM
Careful Joe Pilot...

Before you go badmouthing any CA Instructors, please get your facts straight! Maybe you could post the CV of your Instructors? The Utah CFP Class is not complex rocket science. It's a very basic course covering very specific topics of Firearm Safety, Weapons Handling, Concealed Carry Methods, and Related Laws, Use of Force, and Legal issues. I have been teaching this course in SoCal since 2004. I have been teaching California CCW Classes since the early 90's. The CA Course is 8-hours long, and you must fire 100 rounds through each gun listed on your permit, (per Sheriff's guidelines).

The problem I have with your "All inclusive package" is that you are taking personal responsibility for the applicants personal information; Name, Address, SSN, Fingerprints, Photograph, etc. I.D. Theft being what it is today, I would not and could not (FTC and GLBA will not allow it) take responsibility for my clients personal unencrypted information.

I understand you are offering a service and you want to market that service. But offering a higher price to people that already know they can attend a great course for less money is not that likely to fly here. (My opinion only) I feel my price is fair for the course I offer, and I offer additional training for those that would like to improve their shooting skills. I have recently offered discounts to my fellow CalGunners, because we are all going through a rough spot in our economy right now.

My 2 cents

gunnut300
02-26-2009, 6:38 AM
I am new to this forum, and I would like to introduce myself. I have been very impressed with the amount of professionalism, and the depth of knowledge and experience I have seen gathered on this site. It's good to know that even in the Republik of California, there are people who remember what true freedom means.

That being said, I work with Joepilot and have just read this thread and want to apologize if he offended anybody. As an ex-marine and very qualified instructor, he tends to VERY gung-ho on this subject, which also makes him good at his job. I know he came out, guns blazing (pardon the pun) and managed to ruffle a few feathers. I assure you that he didn't mean anything by it and has been properly reprimanded.

His first mistake was listing a price for an un-related course. Our Utah CCW class is less than $200.00, all inclusive.

We both respect all the instructors on this forum, and realize that we all are doing a tough job in tough times.

Randy

Sig357
02-26-2009, 4:21 PM
No disrespect intended, but Joepilot's comments have persuaded me to seek training elsewhere. Even if I have to drive all the way out to San Diego, and I'm in Riverside county.

Turbinator
02-26-2009, 7:22 PM
His first mistake was listing a price for an un-related course. Our Utah CCW class is less than $200.00, all inclusive.

You may want to update the first post (or get your bud to do it) since the fee listed is still at $350.

Turby

JimAmentler
02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
I am unfamiliar with this outfit, but it doesn't surprise me. There are a quite a few people whole do the bare minimum and mass produce CCW's.

Our difference is....

We provide EVERYTHING they expect you to show up to class with. Like the post says it's all inclusive.

We do the fingerprinting, notary, photos, and the we do more than just rubber-stamp an application. The class is an actual class where we discuss firearm safety, legal issues of CCW, and many other CCW issues. Our class takes most of the day.

The 4 hours they offer for $100.00 is barely enough time to fill out all the paperwork of a descent sized class. Utah is actually starting to come down on courses like the one described.

In the end you will get what you pay for.

Being one of THOSE classes that Dedeye posted a link to and joepilot made the above comments about I also will say that you need to do some research before the mouth (or in this case the fingers) engage.

I have been a member of this forum since 2005 and have been teaching the Utah class for about 4-5 years and am very confident in my ability to teach and get ALL the information across that Utah requires and then some. There are many here who will attest to that including CCWUSA and 308fan who are themselves instructors.

Maybe it's time to reread your posts and then reword them to promote your course without attempting to run someone else's down. If your course is that good, it will stand on it's own. There are a number of other instructors here who get along just fine without talking trash about each other. Several, in fact, with whom I communicate on a regular basis.

JimAmentler
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I am new to this forum, and I would like to introduce myself. I have been very impressed with the amount of professionalism, and the depth of knowledge and experience I have seen gathered on this site. It's good to know that even in the Republik of California, there are people who remember what true freedom means.

That being said, I work with Joepilot and have just read this thread and want to apologize if he offended anybody. As an ex-marine and very qualified instructor, he tends to VERY gung-ho on this subject, which also makes him good at his job. I know he came out, guns blazing (pardon the pun) and managed to ruffle a few feathers. I assure you that he didn't mean anything by it and has been properly reprimanded.

We both respect all the instructors on this forum, and realize that we all are doing a tough job in tough times.

Randy

Randy,

Welcome to the forum.

Joepilot may be a former (not ex) Marine, but being "gung-ho" does not excuse his posts. I am a U.S. Navy Corpsman who has been on the "green side" most of my career. Most recently (until last December) with 2D LAR BN. I know that MY Marines would exhibit the consummate professionalism that has been instilled in them by the Corps.

I appreciate your words about respect and am happy to see that come through in your post and look forward to the same in Joepilot's future postings.

V/R,

Jim "Doc" Amentler
Semper Fidelis!

Boarding-Team-Leader
02-26-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow the price changed for the class right before my eyes:eek:

Thanks Jim for for the class at the Gun Exchange back in 2006. You were professional and thorough....
BTL

gunnut300
02-27-2009, 12:43 AM
you know what guys...you proved your point. Joepilot made a mistake, and as I look at the posts he didn't make any personal attacks, or name names, he just made a general comment and you guys went off the deep end. I even came on board and apologized, but to no avail. One of the disciplines we teach in CCW is measured response, force for force, a concept apparently lost on this group. So if makes everybody feel like big men to attack, attack, attack then fine...go ahead.

Joe did what he did and it was a mistake....but the response by the members on this board and via e-mail has been very unprofessional, and what's more - intentional, which is worse. That defines the character of the members of this forum, and I am disappointed.

Rest assured this forum will get NO support in the future from myself or any of my instructors in Utah, Nevada or California.

Max DVC
02-27-2009, 7:03 AM
and good luck! I'm sure you'll go really far with that approach and subsequent attitude.

(PS. I am a Utah CCW Instructor, and NRA Certified since 1993)

Matt P
02-27-2009, 1:35 PM
Its unfortunate to have that attitude Gunnut.
For me the value in this thread was my greater appreciation for the fact I have Calguns as a resource. I could go on and on about how much I owe its presence and the members here for helping me get by in this economy. As I tell all who ask about how I am doing with my retail business, its the training side that is saving me from closing my doors.
In this economy, you have to treat clients and potential ones with a high degree of care and appreciation. In my classes hopefully this comes across.

Hopefully for Gunnut and his business, that many on the forum who may end up doing business with him, wont see his response here.

And again thanks to you Calgunners for any and all of your business.

otteray
03-18-2009, 2:28 PM
I was reading this thread because I am a potential customer for a class, sometime in the future.

Why on earth would a sales rep. so strongly put out so many negative vibes towards so many potential clients?
Kinda overreacting just a tad, or what?

CnCFunFactory
03-18-2009, 4:12 PM
I was reading this thread because I am a potential customer for a class, sometime in the future.

Why on earth would a sales rep. so strongly put out so many negative vibes towards so many potential clients?
Kinda overreacting just a tad, or what?

Wow, you took the words right out of my mouth. IMHO this would be the time for the offenders to stop offending ya think? Furthermore to not support the entire forum? That seems a bit heavy handed given the fact I am sure everyone who is a member certainly didn't e-mail them.

Arteel
03-26-2009, 9:40 PM
:thumbsup: for a class in Norcal.

xmustanguyx
04-05-2009, 4:10 AM
+2 for a class in Norcal!

Fissssh
04-06-2009, 9:23 AM
+ 3 for Norcal

JimAmentler
04-06-2009, 9:11 PM
Check my sig line for upcoming classes in Sacramento and Livermore.

GrizzAwoken
04-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Do you plan are doing classes down in San Diego

JimAmentler
04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Do you plan are doing classes down in San Diego

I do not have classes in San Diego, however, Bill Desy of cccwusa.com has them in San Diego on a regular basis.

GrizzAwoken
04-08-2009, 2:59 PM
I do not have classes in San Diego, however, Bill Desy of cccwusa.com has them in San Diego on a regular basis.

Thank you

-Grizz